July Catch Reports

Carpbell3

Managed a visit to bishops bowl as ecton was closed had three lost one of them in the net Mrs just had the all clear from the second round of surgery just the radiotherapy which should be soon so I have a little time to drop back on ecton next weekend got a load of gutters backing up so will be busy busy next week.

Not bad to be fair the place is weedy but not weeded up just enough to get anglers moaning. although, I regularly fish weedy venues the deeper really does make a difference three casts and three spots found.

Yeah I forgot to put my teeth in they are like shoes, nice to get them off.

20230620_182012.jpg

1 hour ago, Carpbell3 said:

Managed a visit to bishops bowl as ecton was closed had three lost one of them in the net Mrs just had the all clear from the second round of surgery just the radiotherapy which should be soon so I have a little time to drop back on ecton next weekend got a load of gutters backing up so will be busy busy next week.

Not bad to be fair the place is weedy but not weeded up just enough to get anglers moaning. although, I regularly fish weedy venues the deeper really does make a difference three casts and three spots found.

Yeah I forgot to put my teeth in they are like shoes, nice to get them off.

20230620_182012.jpg

All the best for your Wife and her radiotherapy , Carpbell .

Fred seems to be taking a keen interest .

😃

On 06/07/2023 at 18:38, crusian said:

All the best for your Wife and her radiotherapy , Carpbell .

Fred seems to be taking a keen interest .

😃

Fred's a star mate I can leave my bait shed door ajar no mouse or rat will come near the birds love him as he keeps the cats away and the old black moggie don't mind him either gets to sit out the front without other cats bothering him.

She always has medical stuff going on all ties into hyper mobility thing.

• 2 weeks later...

Well I am joining the July Party with the One and only BOX COMMON 😍

After my prebaiting efforts of the prior week, I arrived to find the chosen swim in use. I had a big long look around and couldn't really decide, one of my friends was having a cheeky stalking session and after a chat with him I decided to set up in "no carp corner" a couple up from my prebaited zone but I said I would wait til he had finished stalking before I thrashed the water with the MARKER FLOAT 😳

Got the bivvy up sorted the rods out and once a tench had destroyed his chances I found 3 niceish silty clear spots that felt pretty smooth, just got 2 rods baited and ready to go, when the phone rings, my wife has a car in limp mode about 20 miles away, eventually I realise I am going to have to save them. Leave my gear set up and it's to the rescue, had to drive it home and they went in my car, head back to the lake. 

it's about 6pm now 2 of the spots are fairly close to one another, so go with one each side of the marker rod. All 3 proper jobs on spinners the best rig for the job, then I catapult a good couple of kilos of boilies around the area. Nice it was only when I went to do the 3rd rod I realised I hadn't checked the pop up on the middle rod before I cast it out, I sorted my left rod out first cast to float then sent out the boat with a big heap of home made particles and some boilies, 

I left the middle rod for a while but the nagging won, it was nearly dark by then so I thought balls I'll send it out in the boat with a healthy dose of particles 😂

Nothing through the night and slept like a baby. 

Woke up to a nice sunrise, made a cuppa and was just settling back down for a little doze, when the middle rod (the one I had redone) burst into action, at first I thought it was a tench as there was little resistance then I caught up with it and I thought possibly a small carp, then I saw it, mid double common, bit of a tussle under the rod tip but thankfully I didn't realise what it was til I looked in the net and I thought that's a wide mid double. And it grew and grew until I said that's pretty blooming massive. 

Unhooked it and put it in the sling for a rest and got my bits together and put the rod back out etc. Asked my neighbour to come and take some photos for me he got some great ones, weighed it first 36lb it was then I knew I had the one, The Box Common, the biggest common in the lake and the one I thought I had previously lost, the one I chose to use a nut bait for this year and the one I thought I would probably never catch. But I blooming well did 🎉🎉🎉 down in weight a bit after spawning but I don't mind I am still buzzing 😂

Happy flipping days. IMG_20230709_193951_112.thumb.jpg.edef78560440f34af90b7063b62667c8.jpg

IMG_20230709_174621_640.thumb.jpg.a0f55d2de256159a59705c87332b9c17.jpg

1 hour ago, elmoputney said:

Well I am joining the July Party with the One and only BOX COMMON 😍

After my prebaiting efforts of the prior week, I arrived to find the chosen swim in use. I had a big long look around and couldn't really decide, one of my friends was having a cheeky stalking session and after a chat with him I decided to set up in "no carp corner" a couple up from my prebaited zone but I said I would wait til he had finished stalking before I thrashed the water with the MARKER FLOAT 😳

Got the bivvy up sorted the rods out and once a tench had destroyed his chances I found 3 niceish silty clear spots that felt pretty smooth, just got 2 rods baited and ready to go, when the phone rings, my wife has a car in limp mode about 20 miles away, eventually I realise I am going to have to save them. Leave my gear set up and it's to the rescue, had to drive it home and they went in my car, head back to the lake. 

it's about 6pm now 2 of the spots are fairly close to one another, so go with one each side of the marker rod. All 3 proper jobs on spinners the best rig for the job, then I catapult a good couple of kilos of boilies around the area. Nice it was only when I went to do the 3rd rod I realised I hadn't checked the pop up on the middle rod before I cast it out, I sorted my left rod out first cast to float then sent out the boat with a big heap of home made particles and some boilies, 

I left the middle rod for a while but the nagging won, it was nearly dark by then so I thought balls I'll send it out in the boat with a healthy dose of particles 😂

Nothing through the night and slept like a baby. 

Woke up to a nice sunrise, made a cuppa and was just settling back down for a little doze, when the middle rod (the one I had redone) burst into action, at first I thought it was a tench as there was little resistance then I caught up with it and I thought possibly a small carp, then I saw it, mid double common, bit of a tussle under the rod tip but thankfully I didn't realise what it was til I looked in the net and I thought that's a wide mid double. And it grew and grew until I said that's pretty blooming massive. 

Unhooked it and put it in the sling for a rest and got my bits together and put the rod back out etc. Asked my neighbour to come and take some photos for me he got some great ones, weighed it first 36lb it was then I knew I had the one, The Box Common, the biggest common in the lake and the one I thought I had previously lost, the one I chose to use a nut bait for this year and the one I thought I would probably never catch. But I blooming well did 🎉🎉🎉 down in weight a bit after spawning but I don't mind I am still buzzing 😂

Happy flipping days. IMG_20230709_193951_112.thumb.jpg.edef78560440f34af90b7063b62667c8.jpg

IMG_20230709_174621_640.thumb.jpg.a0f55d2de256159a59705c87332b9c17.jpg

Well deserved result Elmo, good write up and a nice fish  👍

Managed a nice one myself last Friday in the belting rain, felt well earned after the last few visits to ecton, I done everything proper nothing was less than correct had two lost one of those a double common could of been into a few more but the rain was harsh and I'd already been in fully clothed. The mirror in the pic went to the right of the bay and made for the near Bank the other side of a overhanging tree I went risking it so in I went to get away from the tree brought it back to me on a clean line and netted it.

Just under 28lb in a wet net.

20230714_131120.jpg

2 hours ago, yonny said:

There's some real minters in there mate. Not fished it since 2018 but had this last time I was there 😁

20230719_074319.thumb.jpg.6016b9056f76b8cb4fffdc48e65e491c.jpg

Oh that's mint mate - lovely and dark and the spaced out scales makes it a bit special to say the least, deffo going back, was planning on December sessions but will be going back sooner now.  The only disappointment re the complex for me personally is the moving of Mallard fish into the others and other stockings, which are just not the same stamp as the originals i.e Germans and rivers fish, should have bred them instead of introducing normal stockies, but it is what it is - still a great complex overall. 

Recently joined a syndicate in Newbury , run by Mark Simmonds and Kev White, and what a fantastic well run syndicate ,0ne lake 19 acres and the other around 6 acres ,The syndicate being called Carptonic .

I have had a few fish ,but was fortunate enough to catch one of the big ones, named the FFS Mirror @ 33:11 a month or so ago.

Sitting on a bucket is so much easier for photographs ,😁 

IMG_4796.JPG

Only had an afternoon free so went to a local runs waters. I wasn't going to take my boat at first as the Islands are only about 5 or 6 wraps out but took it anyway. Ended up 12 fish up to 11lb but even the smaller ones really scrapped and a couple of time I was convinced I was attached to an upper double only for a 6lb to end up in the net.

I'm sure the accuracy and stealth of the boat contributed and it was a case of "buying" the fish as I did tip in a hopper of bait every 30 minutes or after every fish. It's good to get the rod bent every now and then and gain confidence that the bait, rigs and location are OK.