Thought of the Day pt.2

greekskii

58 minutes ago, Highy said:

IMG_20200322_100807.thumb.jpg.3e95d3d33c2f9ff2a87d5a14c7144462.jpg

EVERYTHING has just come out for a clean. wiped, hoovered n febreezed beds,bags n chairs. Cleaned all rods n reels, cleaned brolly (ordered Fabsil Gold) not cleaned bivvy as still Virtually brand new. Sorted all bait, basically EVERYTHING sorted out.

Bet if your good Mrs said give me a hand spring cleaning you run a mile 😉

3 hours ago, Highy said:

IMG_20200322_100807.thumb.jpg.3e95d3d33c2f9ff2a87d5a14c7144462.jpg

EVERYTHING has just come out for a clean. wiped, hoovered n febreezed beds,bags n chairs. Cleaned all rods n reels, cleaned brolly (ordered Fabsil Gold) not cleaned bivvy as still Virtually brand new. Sorted all bait, basically EVERYTHING sorted out.

You busy little beaver , Highy .

So where have you cast to , Highy ? , hopefully not out of bounds into your neighbours garden ? .

😁

4 hours ago, Big Bass said:

Bet if your good Mrs said give me a hand spring cleaning you run a mile 😉

On the contrary, I ask her to help me 😅

2 hours ago, crusian said:

You busy little beaver , Highy .

So where have you cast to , Highy ? , hopefully not out of bounds into your neighbours garden ? .

😁

If there was a pond, I'd be in it 😅

• 2 months later...

I am completely unable to get any time on the bank during the coming weeks but for those of you that can, this weekend is looking a bit spesh. Most places have been fishing well during this past few weeks anyway but the weekend sees the massive drop in pressure many have been waiting for. Most places have now spawned so the fish will be on the feed-up. If you boys can get on them I foresee some BIG results on the horizon. I recommend taking a fair bit of bait if you're fishing. Prime, prime conditions.

1 hour ago, yonny said:

I am completely unable to get any time on the bank during the coming weeks but for those of you that can, this weekend is looking a bit spesh. Most places have been fishing well during this past few weeks anyway but the weekend sees the massive drop in pressure many have been waiting for. Most places have now spawned so the fish will be on the feed-up. If you boys can get on them I foresee some BIG results on the horizon. I recommend taking a fair bit of bait if you're fishing. Prime, prime conditions.

I'm REALLY hoping for Sunday, had 60 decking boards Delivered this morning, so hoping to get most the Bar/Unit decked, When the rain stops, but maybe in morning and Saturday now.

BUT really hoping Sunday.

I don’t know if anyone knows anything about vans but I’m looking at a Renault trafic.

06 plate

113,000 miles

1900cc diesel

cambelt was replaced last month

mot may 2021

short wheel base

£3,495, possibly get it cheaper if I trade my van in, if they want it, it’s ready for the scrapyard 😂

any thoughts on this?

6 minutes ago, jh92 said:

I don’t know if anyone knows anything about vans but I’m looking at a Renault trafic.

06 plate

113,000 miles

1900cc diesel

cambelt was replaced last month

mot may 2021

short wheel base

£3,495, possibly get it cheaper if I trade my van in, if they want it, it’s ready for the scrapyard 😂

any thoughts on this?

I dont know loads but check anything electric as it's a Renault, check the glow plugs don't take ages to fire (there should a a glow plug light on the dashboard that comes on when you turn it on before starting, check it runs OK doesn't smoke too much, is it clean or battered? A good diesel can go on, listen for any knocks when you drive it, check the tyres, I usually think if a car looks well looked after then that's usually a better sign, if you have a link I might be able to tell you a little more? 

38 minutes ago, elmoputney said:

I dont know loads but check anything electric as it's a Renault, check the glow plugs don't take ages to fire (there should a a glow plug light on the dashboard that comes on when you turn it on before starting, check it runs OK doesn't smoke too much, is it clean or battered? A good diesel can go on, listen for any knocks when you drive it, check the tyres, I usually think if a car looks well looked after then that's usually a better sign, if you have a link I might be able to tell you a little more? 

Cheers mate, there's a bit of dig in the side of it but not really fussed about that. Here's the link to it its gone down to 3400 now lol https://www.gumtree.com/p/vans/renault-trafic-sl27dci-100-van-cam-belt-replaced-service-done-/1372112029

My nephew runs a fleet of 5 of these for his building/roofing business. He describes them as reliable workhorses as long as serviced regularly. He, my son and myself went to Windmill Lakes, France in one of them last summer. No problems whatsoever. I was impressed how fuel efficient it was.

Ian.

2 hours ago, jh92 said:

Cheers mate, there's a bit of dig in the side of it but not really fussed about that. Here's the link to it its gone down to 3400 now lol https://www.gumtree.com/p/vans/renault-trafic-sl27dci-100-van-cam-belt-replaced-service-done-/1372112029

Looks like it's had a bit of work done on it tbh so that's probably a good thing it's been serviced and has a long mot and stuff , probably worth going to have a look just remember if something doesn't seem right it's not the one, 

2 hours ago, jh92 said:

Looks alright paper work looks good so not much to haggle about. you could mention the road tax is getting high on diesel engines asking for a years road tax will get a better response than trying to knock money off for any other reason. 

I run a 2 liter diesel, love it the the fuel costs are better than my 1.3 fiesta petrol.