Thought of the Day pt.2

greekskii

22 hours ago, yonny said:

I am completely unable to get any time on the bank during the coming weeks but for those of you that can, this weekend is looking a bit spesh. Most places have been fishing well during this past few weeks anyway but the weekend sees the massive drop in pressure many have been waiting for. Most places have now spawned so the fish will be on the feed-up. If you boys can get on them I foresee some BIG results on the horizon. I recommend taking a fair bit of bait if you're fishing. Prime, prime conditions.

I know what you mean. I've got lots of work to do around the house this week so won't be on the bank. Proper low pressure,  full moon, everything is aligned for some hauling.  

29 minutes ago, emmcee said:

I know what you mean. I've got lots of work to do around the house this week so won't be on the bank. Proper low pressure,  full moon, everything is aligned for some hauling.  

I've managed to switch my Sunday for Friday this week I do have to be home by 10am Saturday morning though but I thought it looked too good, with the full moon and the pressure, I've been putting a lot of free food into an area  and just feel its rude not to be trying, I am going to top up the spots today on the way home and hope they will primed to drop In on tomorrow, 

On 03/06/2020 at 10:05, yonny said:

I am completely unable to get any time on the bank during the coming weeks but for those of you that can, this weekend is looking a bit spesh. Most places have been fishing well during this past few weeks anyway but the weekend sees the massive drop in pressure many have been waiting for. Most places have now spawned so the fish will be on the feed-up. If you boys can get on them I foresee some BIG results on the horizon. I recommend taking a fair bit of bait if you're fishing. Prime, prime conditions.

Thanks very much for the heads up , Yonny , but I can't get out until Mon. night / Tues . day .

Any chance of you " aving a word " , and delaying / extending  the feed - up ? .

😁

Well I've managed to pull a crafty one. I recently brought a sack of crushed hemp so prepared that yesterday afternoon with a few tins of sweetcorn and chickpeas.  Spodded 2 buckets onto 2 spots that were weeded up in a particular swim I feel the fish will end up in with coming weather conditions.  My mate told me they were slicking up all morning. I had to wait in for a fresh batch of boilies so would have been down first thing. Only  Just got in here though  and rods out and the 2 spots that I could hardly feel the lead down on the other day are both going down clean and with a definitive thump. Just hope I'm not a day late. 🤞

I'm not going to say what happened to my prebaited spot, but someone is fishing over it 😢he didn't know so its just one of those things and I didn't tell him 

I've started to like the ridge monkey choppa today, you can chop 30 18mm baits at once, I've been making a small bucket for each spot so I know I've just airbombed 180 chops over my 2 rod area + the 240 earlier just feels a bit more scientific 😁 

Although when I added it up makes it seem like a lot of bait that could be out there I couldn't find a way to count all the micro pellets easily 😳

13 hours ago, emmcee said:

Well I've managed to pull a crafty one. I recently brought a sack of crushed hemp so prepared that yesterday afternoon with a few tins of sweetcorn and chickpeas.  Spodded 2 buckets onto 2 spots that were weeded up in a particular swim I feel the fish will end up in with coming weather conditions.  My mate told me they were slicking up all morning. I had to wait in for a fresh batch of boilies so would have been down first thing. Only  Just got in here though  and rods out and the 2 spots that I could hardly feel the lead down on the other day are both going down clean and with a definitive thump. Just hope I'm not a day late. 🤞

Well you think you know a lake, well I've been awake since 3-45 in anticipation and I've not seen a single fish and I can see 90% of the lake. I did see half a dozen fish just before dark in my vicinity so was quite confident. 2 blokes fishing into the wind at the other end  of the lake both have their doors down, they said its freezing Haha. Got one other mate right at the back of the wind, he hasn't seen anything either. The carp and their  great disappearing act Haha 

9 hours ago, elmoputney said:

I'm not going to say what happened to my prebaited spot, but someone is fishing over it 😢he didn't know so its just one of those things and I didn't tell him 

I've started to like the ridge monkey choppa today, you can chop 30 18mm baits at once, I've been making a small bucket for each spot so I know I've just airbombed 180 chops over my 2 rod area + the 240 earlier just feels a bit more scientific 😁 

Although when I added it up makes it seem like a lot of bait that could be out there I couldn't find a way to count all the micro pellets easily 😳

All part of baiting up I'm afraid. It makes your heart sink sometimes. 

As for it sounding like a lot of bait, I'd say that's a snack for a hungry carp. They can eat loads when on it. 

9 hours ago, elmoputney said:

I had a guy come up to me on Tuesday and said he was gutted to see me in a swim as he spent Monday afternoon when they opened piling it in.

i said ‘I wish you hadn’t told me that”

I got deflated not knowing if he had put too much in and scared the fish off as they haven’t had food in months and I left probably 2 hours later.
I will be going back on Monday though lol

this lake even doesn’t get many people on it even first full day of opening only had 4 others on it lol

2 hours ago, emmcee said:

All part of baiting up I'm afraid. It makes your heart sink sometimes. 

As for it sounding like a lot of bait, I'd say that's a snack for a hungry carp. They can eat loads when on it. 

Yeah I know one of the risks, the thing that annoyed me the most was how ill prepared I was with a back up plan, still lesson learnt don't put all your eggs in one basket, and I don't think now is probably the right time to pre bait still too many other anglers fishing, another thing I learnt don't listen to what other people tell you when on the bank, the way one guy was talking last week was that swim never got fished and I pretty much had exclusive use of it, there have been at least 2 others since I was in there last week 😁

I did catch a slimey fat little tench though and lost one I was gutted 🎉🎉🎂😁

When I said a lot of bait I meant a lot of individual items for them to get through especially with the hundreds of micropellets too, 😁

2 hours ago, framey said:

I had a guy come up to me on Tuesday and said he was gutted to see me in a swim as he spent Monday afternoon when they opened piling it in.

i said ‘I wish you hadn’t told me that”

I got deflated not knowing if he had put too much in and scared the fish off as they haven’t had food in months and I left probably 2 hours later.
I will be going back on Monday though lol

this lake even doesn’t get many people on it even first full day of opening only had 4 others on it lol

I didn't tell him, as I didn't want to be one of those guys that thinks because they pre bait it they can claim it, I've seen a lot of people sticking to the same swims so far, and I don't want to tell people where they should and shouldn't go, we all pay the same fish where you like as far as I am concerned, I am also trying not to listen to that kind of thing I also don't want to know about what others are doing, because I don't want to feel like I can't fish a swim because nobby has been pre-baiting, if you are going to do it keep it to yourself it's the only fair way 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Nice to see there are still conman mobile mechanics about, had a sticky-seized rear caliper, could do it myself but rang a guy to see what he wanted, 70 to 90 quid he says over the phone, ok call out, he arrives looks at the sticking side and says it's not the caliper the pads have gone, ( they tend to wear when stuck i thought ) check the other side i said, he has a look and says yeap just the same. No, i thought they are not, i let him carry on, he says, just need a set off pads fitting mate, ok i say do want to order them or shall i get a set dropped over? no mate he says order a set online and i will fit them when you call. Ok i say, then he tried to charge me a large call out fee, lol, no mate either fit the pads and sort the calipars now as i don't pay for a call out fee when the job is there if you want it. he would sooner walk away.

I went to a brake place, and as i said one side had stuck and worn the pads the other side was fine, just put new pads and disks on both sides did a oil and filter change while on the ramps and got mates rates, well free oil.

56 minutes ago, Carpbell_ll said:

Nice to see there are still conman mobile mechanics about, had a sticky-seized rear caliper, could do it myself but rang a guy to see what he wanted, 70 to 90 quid he says over the phone, ok call out, he arrives looks at the sticking side and says it's not the caliper the pads have gone, ( they tend to wear when stuck i thought ) check the other side i said, he has a look and says yeap just the same. No, i thought they are not, i let him carry on, he says, just need a set off pads fitting mate, ok i say do want to order them or shall i get a set dropped over? no mate he says order a set online and i will fit them when you call. Ok i say, then he tried to charge me a large call out fee, lol, no mate either fit the pads and sort the calipars now as i don't pay for a call out fee when the job is there if you want it. he would sooner walk away.

I went to a brake place, and as i said one side had stuck and worn the pads the other side was fine, just put new pads and disks on both sides did a oil and filter change while on the ramps and got mates rates, well free oil.

I've been having issues with black circles this week, Monday I ordered 4 tyres for fitting Wednesday, got there no tyres, had to reorder some but got a 10%discount, just got an email they arent going to be ready for my new appointment tomorrow, shambolic the dude then said we may be able to fit you in tomorrow or Saturday if they arrive apparently they are due to arrive tomorrow, so why send me an email saying the earliest is the 15th whatever happened to people skills and keeping the customer happy 🤔

Jeez the world is mental these days, 

I also saw a post about using drones on fb, that got me thinking about people today, I decided Modern fisherman seem to want instant success and results, they need to find the fish using a drone, fish finder or whatever,they are always looking for the best this and best that, whereas the old school seem to enjoy the build up, the learning process, and these two worlds are completely different, I am happy to take a chance and use my thoughts on where I think the fish will be or headed, obviously in an ideal world we would find them, feed them and catch them but that isn't always possible, but with a drone it probably would be, I'm happy not knowing everything instantly that's part of the appeal, what I am trying to say is these modern anglers maybe missing the struggle, which to me is half the fun 😁

18 minutes ago, elmoputney said:

I've been having issues with black circles this week, Monday I ordered 4 tyres for fitting Wednesday, got there no tyres, had to reorder some but got a 10%discount, just got an email they arent going to be ready for my new appointment tomorrow, shambolic the dude then said we may be able to fit you in tomorrow or Saturday if they arrive apparently they are due to arrive tomorrow, so why send me an email saying the earliest is the 15th whatever happened to people skills and keeping the customer happy 🤔

I also saw a post about using drones on fb, that got me thinking about people today, I decided Modern fisherman seem to want instant success and results, they need to find the fish using a drone, fish finder or whatever,they are always looking for the best this and best that, whereas the old school seem to enjoy the build up, the learning process, and these two worlds are completely different, I am happy to take a chance and use my thoughts on where I think the fish will be or headed, obviously in an ideal world we would find them, feed them and catch them but that isn't always possible, but with a drone it probably would be, I'm happy not knowing everything instantly that's part of the appeal, what I am trying to say is these modern anglers maybe missing the struggle, which to me is half the fun 😁

I already had the pads priced and in stock a five min drive away motor factors all over the place around here, just need the tool to rewind the caliper back and give it a clean up once they are sticking you need to clear the gunk out.

On 23/06/2018 at 14:57, ianfrog said:

Waits patiently on the sidelines not expecting much from a company that has grown large !

Please forgive the cynicism but if they are aware of it they should have been all over it before we the great unwashed had even noticed, its their logo after all.

Cheers

Ian

I won’t use senses

On 23/06/2018 at 14:57, ianfrog said:

Waits patiently on the sidelines not expecting much from a company that has grown large !

Please forgive the cynicism but if they are aware of it they should have been all over it before we the great unwashed had even noticed, its their logo after all.

Cheers

Ian

I won’t use senses any more that pic is diabolical 

On 10/09/2020 at 18:16, elmoputney said:

The world does seem to have gone crazy lol I’m an old school angler but must confess to owning and using a fishspy but not for fish locations I’ve been using mine to look at the bottom an to check my rig when cast close enough lol the lake I’m fishing is extremely weedy and has a lot of boulders on the bottom 

• 2 weeks later...

No fishing now until weekend 10th/11th October, Due to Working and wife having an operation, so now doing abit of pimping though. 

IMG_20200921_093637.thumb.jpg.5f007c8538204ccffdff8b445ce327bb.jpg

Few Manilla bags being made up, Manilla Boilies being glazed in Manilla Liquid then coated in Manilla Stik Mix (repeat a few times). 

Rods are stripped and cleaned, gonna go to lake whan get chance to Spin Doctor lines and spare spools... Do all this ready for just before winter. 

1 hour ago, Carpmaster said:

I’ve done my baits ready for tomorrow and I’ll be fishing when the lockdown commences so looks like I’m confined at the lake 😉😉😉😊😊

Just be at home and be safe, I'm sick of the covid heroes that think they know best, believe me. Its fine till its someone you know that dies from it 

Edited by elmoputney