Thought of the Day pt.2

greekskii

4 minutes ago, Carpmaster said:

Elmo I was only having a crack mucka 

life is to short as it is 

I’m not being funny or nothing 

Well I lost my dad to it. So I remain serious about this issue, his life was too short because of it, and now my kids don't have a grandad it isn't that funny to me tbh 

I just want people to follow the rules set out, it's not that hard and it may just save some lives. 

5 minutes ago, elmoputney said:

Well I lost my dad to it. So I remain serious about this issue, his life was too short because of it, and now my kids don't have a grandad it isn't that funny to me tbh 

I just want people to follow the rules set out, it's not that hard and it may just save some lives. 

My apologies Elmo I wasnt  making light of the situation I was just having a crack is all 

my condolences on your dad mucka I do understand what your saying believe me 

14 minutes ago, Carpmaster said:

My apologies Elmo I wasnt  making light of the situation I was just having a crack is all 

my condolences on your dad mucka I do understand what your saying believe me 

Its nothing personal I just don't think it's helpful if people ignore the rules put in place,I know it's messy but we all have to try still, I understand people dont all see it like me. but once it has affected you personally, then you realise it is real, I see too many people that just ignore all the guidelines, being rebels and it will be everyone else that suffers for it unfortunately 

9 minutes ago, elmoputney said:

Its nothing personal I just don't think it's helpful if people ignore the rules put in place,I know it's messy but we all have to try still, I understand people dont all see it like me. but once it has affected you personally, then you realise it is real, I see too many people that just ignore all the guidelines, being rebels and it will be everyone else that suffers for it unfortunately 

I do get you elmo and understand fully what your saying 

just to say the lake I’m fishing is in my area and I’ll be home before lockdown I won’t be happy about it but I’ll comply  this will finish Britain financially 

I got my NHS letter months ago, I'm number 5 on the list. My work told me you don't get paid if you arnt at work. I work with limited ppe ,client's may have it. That's why I said earlier works a joke. It's all about money they don't care about staff or clients. Now my county may be in lockdown and I have family on the list 1&4.

On 21/09/2020 at 22:56, fangus15 said:

I got my NHS letter months ago, I'm number 5 on the list. My work told me you don't get paid if you arnt at work. I work with limited ppe ,client's may have it. That's why I said earlier works a joke. It's all about money they don't care about staff or clients. Now my county may be in lockdown and I have family on the list 1&4.

My brother just had to sign a waiver saying if he contacts carona that work ain’t liable  it’s wrong what is being done

On 23/09/2020 at 06:56, Carpmaster said:

My brother just had to sign a waiver saying if he contacts carona that work ain’t liable  it’s wrong what is being done

Wouldn't worry about it if the worse did happen the company would soon find out a worker can't sign away their H&S rights in fact that would help prove liability.  

• 3 weeks later...

Just back from a couple of days, strange one really, looked real good for a fish slight drop in temps but nothing shocking, think i should of took the single bait approach really or perhaps maybe tried my hand at a zig.

Wouldn't of thought three K of boilies and about the same in pellets over three rods in three days would be too much at anytime of year? 

On the plus side the hound is getting much better, left my  carryall in the front room after unpacking, he was on it and ready to go, he sleeps in it when out. 

28 minutes ago, Carpbell_ll said:

Just back from a couple of days, strange one really, looked real good for a fish slight drop in temps but nothing shocking, think i should of took the single bait approach really or perhaps maybe tried my hand at a zig.

Wouldn't of thought three K of boilies and about the same in pellets over three rods in three days would be too much at anytime of year? 

On the plus side the hound is getting much better, left my  carryall in the front room after unpacking, he was on it and ready to go, he sleeps in it when out. 

Glad to hear the hound is feeling better

Essex has been deemed tier 2 and at serious risk... To be honest I'll be at a club water tomorrow and I bet my last bootlace I'll be the only one there... I went on Friday and I had a 5 acre lake to myself and the carp were boshing everywhere... Sadly I was on the silvers.... Tomorrow I'll be there for a few hours...

My Lass has to work through as she's a key worker, but her firm are thinking of getting some of the staff working from home, which is probably better for us as it means we'd save on fuel... we are still gloved and masked when we go to the shops and I sanitise everytime I handle a lock or gate... To be honest, theres not a lot more you can do, other than not mix with other folks and the isolation can have its own evils....

Stay safe folks tight lines if yer out and take care...👍

• 3 weeks later...

Well from what I can tell it looks like fishing will be banned under lock down 2.0😭

Due have 2 nights this weekend 😢

Do I wrangle the 2 nights tomorrow and Wednesday??? 🤔

My boss might not see the funny side but the building game is supposed to continue so I reckon its now or next year 🤯

2 minutes ago, commonly said:

Well from what I can tell it looks like fishing will be banned under lock down 2.0😭

My boss might not see the funny side but the building game is supposed to continue so I reckon its now or next year 🤯

https://anglingtrust.net/2020/11/02/angling-trust-seek-clarity-on-angling-during-lockdown-2/

Nothing in concrete... Yet 🙏🙏🤞🤞

26 minutes ago, commonly said:

Also, down for a 48hr Carp Match 14th November 🤞🤞🙏🙏🎣🎣

20 minutes ago, Highy said:

I don't hold much hope mate. They're saying a month and yet rumours are going around that we'll be in loss down until the new year. 

I missed a planned trip back in March too, so I'm gutted. 

Just now, commonly said:

I don't hold much hope mate. They're saying a month and yet rumours are going around that we'll be in loss down until the new year. 

I missed a planned trip back in March too, so I'm gutted. 

I've cancelled this weekend fishing, due to the Carp match, so gonna give the kitchen a quick make over... 

See what happens 🤞🤞

Just now, yonny said:

Fishing is not the issue - it's the none essential travel to get there that is questionable.

I get that guys just have to fish closer to home if possible some fishing is better than no fishing I’m spoilt where I am we have a vast number of lakes here they just all fish hard lol 

hope you guys still get to wet a line.  Stay safe everyone