Thought of the Day pt.2

greekskii

6 minutes ago, ouchthathurt said:

Thanks pal, a very important point! Many people don’t! Fortunately I have several bags of sand from knocking up sand/cement mixes to build a wall/repairing masonry work so I’ve been using them to secure the ladder. My dad fell off a ladder while on a roof years ago and badly injured himself plus going to ladder related accidents in my work on ambulances has highlighted the risks so I’ve always been wary of ladders! 

it’s ironic that he was a firefighter, you would have thought he’d be good on ladders! 

He had enough practice ouch 

Best video of the day on YT bar far a colourisation of Warwickshire it really is striking to see just how much is still the same i knew all the places in this video and most of the buildings are still the same, the river Avon looks even more carpy back then than now. 

Loads of other good videos on that channel.

50 is a funny age for many reasons, got talking to a very old friend who i have not seen in 30 odd years, I'm all like oh hi what you been doing then, turns out she is a fairly high ranking Navy officer done a few tours in Afghanistan which I always thought was land locked?

Named a few ships she has helmed whatever that is? currently working in the oil industry jaunting around the world still a Navy reservist, I'm all like playing cool, yeah I'm out in my bivvy in the badlands of Northampton and can still put an 8 hour shift in on a set of ladders lol. 

6 minutes ago, chillfactor said:

Still hard at it on this lake job  .... the main contractor hired me in a 50 tonne machine to speed things up a bit . I'm loading 30 tonnes in 4 Buckets now..  right beast ! 20210430_190023.thumb.jpg.069c75a2219472265a03d118604b09f0.jpg

Is that a remote control digger cus there’s no one driving  😉

I follow letsdig18 on the YouTube he operates a Volvo 220 mainly. 30 ton in four buckets 😳 

On 01/05/2021 at 20:53, chillfactor said:

No definitely needs an operator 😄

20210501_164227.thumb.jpg.e7e4c10f70180c8866e8e9f3b31d48a5.jpg

Looks like fun need a tea boy or a chain lad once built three bridges on the M40 lol did the marking out for the diggers right up to marking out where the bearing plates would sit on top of the concrete that the steel crossbeams sit on., it was the only job they would give me due to age seventeen had to be eighteen to get a labours job. 

The guys with a good trade or their own 360 machine were making real big money being in the engineers team i got to work with most of the trades always a good bit of competition to see which trade was earning the most. 

That area and the whole of Warwickshire could do with a few decent big fish venues something like a Linear fishery in south Warwick would make someone a lot of money.  

so who else is out this weekend? first time i have been out on a weekend in a while see how my single skin bivvy holds up in this rain got the last of my shelfies to fish with before i switch to a proper food source bait, although to be fair even though i have not caught on them i'm very pleased with how they work in water, they very nearly break down to a paste with in 24 hours of being in water seem to be good baits too from what i can tell. dynamite corn and tiger and their hot glm both are nice.

Well the Chinese snugpac is very impressive  just done a silly in the rain and swapped  the zig over to a bottom Bait took longer than planned the snigpac gear is water proof too bone dry under just got to dry these out now or it will be the 1990s style rain suit proper heavy may as well strap the bivvy on. Lad two pegs over just had one.