Favourite fishing tv programme

garysj01

I hope the administrators/moderators don't mind me doing this.

But what is or was your favourite fishing programme on tv, maybe you have a particular favourite scene from a programme.

Mine would have to be watching Chris Yates on Redmire pool setting up a manikin for a few days to get the carp used to the shape and then fishing.

Favourite programmes would have to be

A Passion For Angling and recently Catching The Impossible

I don't like to see carp caught with a bow and arrow also, but i love his show. Almost every episode is available on youtube and i have watched them all several times. I like his humor and the way he gets exited about a fish. Jeremy Wade is also okay. My guess is that you have a lot more fishing shows on tv in England?

A Passion for Angling is the greatest angling program of all time, and will never be bettered. Catching The Impossible I would probably rate second, although I do love the original Go Fishing series with JW.

When I was a kid, I used to sit in front of the TV making notes during Go Fishing. I'd then try out what I'd seen next time I went. It didn't always go well but it was a massive part of my early fishing learning.

How long before someone mentions you know what or you know who?

A Passion for Angling is the greatest angling program of all time, and will never be bettered. Catching The Impossible I would probably rate second, although I do love the original Go Fishing series with JW.

When I was a kid, I used to sit in front of the TV making notes during Go Fishing. I'd then try out what I'd seen next time I went. It didn't always go well but it was a massive part of my early fishing learning.

How long before someone mentions you know what or you know who?

I doubt anyone will on here, it's like swearing.

The two most mentioned on here are my favourite's too, Passion for Angling and Catching the Impossible. Recently on the box iv'e enjoyed Jeremy Wade's serie's, plus i do watch some of the Robson Green show's, at the end of the day it's sometime's the only thing fishing related on telly so it's going to attract you a little.

All of them except Robson green,using a bow and arrow to catch carp made me sick but the rest of them are all worth watching,catching the impossible my favourite
agree mate, the bloke is getting fishing a real bad name. i would like to use a bow and arrow on him lol

Passion for Angling, hands down the greatest...

The the legendary JW and go fishing...

I watched and enjoyed a lot of Rex Hunt Gone Fishing... a real cheese monger but the theme tune and his dog made me laugh....

"Wheeere's Rex?

Gone, gone fishing...

Kissin' 'em & Throwing 'em back!

Gone, gone fishing..."

:oops:

After reading this thread though, I will be looking for Catching the impossible....

Hi

Passion for angling and catching the impossible for me as well, don't know if it's been on TV but Martin Bowlers 4 seasons is also well worth a watch, also many moons ago I also used to enjoy a river somewhere but that's going back a bit. JW was also good but couldn't stand his inessent laughing, Andy Little was another one that had an annoying laugh IIRC. Also,the series by IIRC Paul Merredith was also quite watchable. My all time worst has to be the early stuff by MH Butbno one is allowed to mention him :D But the latter stuff is quite watchable.

Couldn't stand Rex Hunt though, especially his habit of using rediculasly light rods, but no one mentions him nowadays for some reason

Paul.

I always found Carp Crew quite good with Jan porter and Kev Green.

Im going to be brave and say the odd Thinking Tackle can be quite good if you ignore the plugs :P

firing squad at the ready :shock:

Rod Race, Wet Nets, Total Fishing, Go Fishing, even Compleat Angler

Im going to be brave and say the odd Thinking Tackle can be quite good if you ignore the plugs :P

firing squad at the ready :shock:

Rod Race, Wet Nets, Total Fishing, Go Fishing, even Compleat Angler

Oh dear Gary, now you've gone and spoiled a lovely thread. :wink:

Someone had to say it and im not one for shying away from controversy :D

Every programme has its place, :)

as a one off....."casting for gold".....part of "compass" by channel 4 back in very early 90s...Paul Boote and John Bailey up the northern reaches of the Ganges for Mahseer....absolutely got me hooked on that species...one target I will definately realise.......then anything else by Jeremy Wade...and passion for angling...obviously

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Anonymous

passion for angling obviously, great programmes which show non anglers what fishing is all about in my opinion.

catching the impossible and thinking tackle are what i watch theese days, grown up watching matt hayes and mick brown catch a variety of species which gave me that angling bug when i was a young lad :lol:

Guest Anonymous

river monsters for me, would love to do what old JW does go and fish some of the worlds greatest rivers and catch a real life monster!

the massive catfish on the amazon, or the 180lb nile perch cant decide which 1 to try for 1st lol

• 1 year later...

Mick brown was so proud of himself he looked like he was going to cry , proper emotional he was and thats what i remember more than the actual fish liam .

I realise that the stocking of foreign fish grates with a lot of people and i think everybody , in an ideal world , would like to catch a proper old english beaut , but its not the fish's fault and it still had to be landed .

If a garlic chewing 40 wanted to eat one of my hookbaits i wouldnt be drop kicking it back into the lake lets put it that way ...