Favourite fishing tv programme

garysj01

I enjoyed Passion for Angling but I can't help but find Chris Yates a bit..."grating"

I can't put my finger on it, but it's the same feeling I get when I read almost anything Tim Paisley writes.

I acknowledge without reservation the achievements of both anglers, but they remind me of a couple of camp actors.

It's probably just me (it often is). Darling.

• 1 month later...

To me fishing programmes can't be any better than John Wilson's Go Fishing, and Passion for Angling, although Jeremy Wades River Monsters does come close. Sadly I have not seen any of Martin Bolwers Catching The Impossible.

I found Total Fishing a bit too techy and they would change subject too often, with some absolutely awful fillers, best cup of tea, best pork pie.

The Greater Rod Race from Ireland to Lowestoft I did find quite interesting with Mick Brown and Matt Hayes, trying to get a decent weight to make that many miles. I did struggle in the last programme though as I know where they were supposed to be fishing rather well, and it did not look like the banks of Taverham that I know and fished a lot, so that may have meant that a few other places could have been 'fudged'

• 3 months later...

I'd also tip my hat to Danny Fairbass, I know some scoff at the whole Korda marketing regime (lol)
But the blokes done more to bring carp fishing to the main stream than most and with all the detractors and come lately environmentalists, trying to put themselves forward as the wild life police, we need the Dannies and Alieis of Korda, annoying as that sarf London accent is! Also, they remind me of them characters in the fast show, Simon and Lindsey.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wzg4dO7DIFw

We need them all, its each to their own but i dont like the korda films too much of an advert for my tastes. I love "a passion for angling" its the true essence of angling, that show.

John Wilson is the king of fishing shows, he holds the crown for so many reasons.

The carp crew with jan porter were watchable as it was so hippy and laidback, dont know why he was swapped with kev green halfway through (anyone know?) that ruined the series for me. The tips and tricks on the show were nothing groundbreaking or technical, but it was watchable.

:rolleyes:

A Passion for Angling is one of my favorite shows of all time - I have the set on DVD - I may have to load it onto my iphone again to watch on the train journey to work!!

However, as a teenager - anything from Matt.

Just ran a search for this online. It's available on 4OD for those who can stream.

The pain is that I've just been migrated to Sky from Be and it keeps pausing. Never had this problem before. Time to change I think.

Give Sky a call and find out if they are providing you with broadband on ADSL2+.

You would have definitely got it from Be. This could be the difference.

Give Sky a call and find out if they are providing you with broadband on ADSL2+.

You would have definitely got it from Be. This could be the difference.

Worked it out. Previously had the old router in transparent mode. Had a firewall behind that and a separate wireless access point with directional antennas, always kept angled to cover the correct parts of the house. Due to the location of my router, I had to turn off the internal WiFi on the new router and reinstate the access point. The inbuilt antenna wasn't up to the task the directional ones were.

• 3 months later...

A Passion For Angling

Catching The Impossible

The Robson Green shows, I love the different locations and techniques he tries and his enthusiasm is infectuous.

A River Somewhere - A 90's Australian show about fly fishing all over the world.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Jack Hargreaves out of town (always had a fishing section in it) and gone fishing certainly take me back and are remembered fondly.

Anything with chris yates, passion for angling, secret carp, caught in time.

Also partial to a river monsters but they can get a bit samey.

Edited by bishops