Favourite fishing tv programme

garysj01

Jack Hargreaves out of town (always had a fishing section in it) and gone fishing certainly take me back and are remembered fondly.

Anything with chris yates, passion for angling, secret carp, caught in time.

Also partial to a river monsters but they can get a bit samey.

Love a River Monsters/Jungle Hooks

• 6 months later...

Passion for Angling is so much more than catching a fish which is why its my fav.

Carpcatcher on youtube my fav

Thinking Tackle is good but some shows i have to fast forward if the content seems repetative, But still a good show.

Robson Green...................Na

Edited by snoozer

Passion for angling! Thanks for the reminder, haven't watched this for a few years and now in the process of downloading it to my pvr for a nice news year day in front of the box rewatching them :) I don't think I've ever seen catching the impossible so I'll be grabbing that too. Cheers gents good thread.

• 1 year later...

MY FAV:

1980's Richworth vhs Video Guide to Good Fishing!

Featuring Clive Diedrich and Malcolm Winkworth the titles are:

-The Basics on Boiled Baits,
-Tackle and methods
-Terminal Tackle
-The end result

I even had the original Richworth vhs videos burned to dvds, i watch them around xmas time ...oh boy do these bring back HAPPY memories!

Oh I wonder how many old skool carpers here would love to see that footage again!

• 2 months later...

most fishing shows are ok but my all time fav has got to be go fishing with the legend that is john wilson

just fishing is awesome just for the theme tune and I want it for my phone ring tone

thinking tackle has got to be the best shows for beginners to pick up a few tips and I learnt something from the underwater films that increased my catch rate by 30-40%

carp crew was good but the presenters didn't fair to well, its like the show was cursed

and screaming reels..........wtf was all that about

• 2 months later...
  • 9 months later...

Just watched last week's monster carp. 

Thailand, some lake run by a father son team. OMG! They had a red letter sesh & a really good laugh.

Braces of Siamese carp ar 100lb one caught to 150 lb!! & Aripima (which I think is a beautiful fish &  on my bucket wish list) That episode, whilst cheesy, is up there with one of the best I've seen 

Well I've either got to wait to win the lottery or the kids have moved out, before I can afford the trip. 

1 hour ago, Dannygooner said:

Negates from the name of the show I know 

Yeah. His last few & upcoming ones appear to be out at sea?? Surely a spin off is in order?? Sea monsters? Doesn't have the same impact!! Lol

• 2 months later...
On 01/01/2016 at 10:51, snoozer said:

Passion for Angling is so much more than catching a fish which is why its my fav.

Carpcatcher on youtube my fav

Thinking Tackle is good but some shows i have to fast forward if the content seems repetative, But still a good show.

Robson Green...................Na

Wotcha

Definitely agree on carpcatcher I've spent ages just watching his vids, most of the lakes seem to be near me as well, I am fishing on one of them at the moment, just using a couple of three handfuls, seriously though it's nice to see a real carper and one who isn't afraid to share his story and ideas without the need to stuff products in your face every 10 seconds, 

• 1 year later...