Back to pastures old

elmoputney

On 29/08/2020 at 09:54, elmoputney said:

I've been granted permission for a quick overnight baiting night again tonight woop, gonna be a wet and windy one though so I might take the bivvy and my proper sleeping bag 😁

Why do I always feel like a kid at Christmas, everytime I can go fishing, long may that continue I say, love it  😁

My car loaded, having dinner and should be there about 1pm...2 mates been there since 6am this morning 

Well the rods are out, the bivvy went up first just before it rained hasn't really  stopped since, got plenty of smelly bait out, bit all over the shop though but enough where it needs to be , happy with them all though, chicken flatbreads for tea tonight, then I might get in the scratcher cos it isn't that warm 😁

Confident tbh already had 2 occurances on the left hand rod, wind is hacking through, it's got to happen surely 😬

Well I just just landed one, didn't even realise i had a take, I went to look at my other rod that had bleeped and the indicator was off my right hand rod and the line was bowstring tight, unfortunately it was also foul hooked in the side of its cheek 😕 so I got it in after it decided to swim out the pads, rested it for a bit, treated the wound and let it go, it was a right knarly old one a real old mirror with a kinked back about 18lb, 

Hopefully there is time for another proper one, 

Both my head torches have died already and I don't have a power pack with me, didn't pack enough milk, going well so far lol 😁

Well just as I was packing my stuff up my middle rood burst into life, I was especially pleased as I had redone the left and middle rods this morning with fresh mesh bags and more bait and also moved the middle rod alongside the left hand rod, I did wonder how my left rod hadnt gone last night as there was loads of activity,but this morning the rudd had stopped crashing out and that seems to be the sign there is no bait left, so I bought it in, that came in tangled with a lilypad leaf on the hook so then I knew lol. I thought that spot was the main dance floor so by getting 2 baits on it one of them would definately be in play, 

The rod literally banged round and the indicator smashed into my rod , I was fishing with a tight clutch but even then the fish had still managed to get into some pads luckily I walked backwards and it started to come my way, really tried everything to beat me though everything it could find to get stuck in it tried, fought like an absolute demon, and had a paddle to match, managed to go round the line on my left hand rod but eventually got it in the net, it was an angry old mirror carp and it was hooked solidly in the bottom lip, the new rigs worked at least, it weighed 23lb and saved me from a blank, so confidence is growing and the hard work is starting to pay off 😁

Will add a photo later on 

Edited by elmoputney

Kids and the misses caught Plenty of rudd and roach caught some pretty good ones too, biggest about 12oz or so, there were definate sightings of carp in the location and fizzing on my spot infact I've never seen it so alive 😭 had a few savage liners but no takes, next time isn't far away though and they look up for it 🤔

Well is this going to be the day, I'm excited, nervous, tense, worried that the spot I've been baiting for a month will be taken when I get there, I can but try and pray it is free , it feels ready and I need to be there, bait is prepped, done some fresh rigs, charged everything, I will be getting there as soon as I can, praying those fish that visited the other day are keen for another feed, I feel a bit like braveheart ready for battle 😁

Now I've just got to get there, littlun has a stay and play at school then I'm hoping to sneak out this afternoon, this is what it is all about the buzz, the anticipation, I blooming love it 😍

46 minutes ago, elmoputney said:

Well is this going to be the day, I'm excited, nervous, tense, worried that the spot I've been baiting for a month will be taken when I get there, I can but try and pray it is free , it feels ready and I need to be there, bait is prepped, done some fresh rigs, charged everything, I will be getting there as soon as I can, praying those fish that visited the other day are keen for another feed, I feel a bit like braveheart ready for battle 😁

Now I've just got to get there, littlun has a stay and play at school then I'm hoping to sneak out this afternoon, this is what it is all about the buzz, the anticipation, I blooming love it 😍

Good luck elmo and enjoy that's what it's all about. 😁👍

2 hours ago, Big Bass said:

Thank god for that ... I’m in work doing long hours don’t even know what day it is, think Iv had one 48 hour trip since the virus hit. Good luck Elmo 🤞

Cheers buddy, hope you get out soon, 

Its weird I took my time setting up bivvy first , got everything ready, 4 casts to get 3 rods out, my catapulting couldn't have gone much better, I've seen signs, loads of fizzing to the left in the weed, if it doesn't happen tonight I may cry, I don't think I could've done that all much better tbh, even my reel handles are pretty straight 😁

I had best have a cuppa I think 

One just crashed out in the weed about 1 rod length behind the spot 👀👀

11 hours ago, commonly said:

There's always something I forget🙄

Best of British mate🤞

I made one out of an old water bottle 😂

Had a 15lb mirror in the night just did literally one mat shot and I had an occurance on my middle rod so I quickly put it back and struck into nothing,feel a bit bad this morning that I couldn't be bothered to photo it properly,although it had managed managed to take 2 rods off the dancefloor I  managed to get one back on last night, 1but a quiet night after that, redone them all this morning and had a couple of savage liners, so there is hope still 

Just when I wrote that last bit the rod ripped off and there is now a chunky mirror in the net 😁

20lb 4oz lovely colours again though 

I seem constantly amazed how big twenties are still, I did think it was a mid 20 at least till I weighed it, if I ever catch a 30 I will think its a shark, hope one slips up soon 😁

3 20s in 3 overnighters I can take that though happy days 

27 minutes ago, elmoputney said:

Well back at home now, had to leave them fizzing away over a lot of bait 😭 

20lb4oz, 15lb and a little 11lber very pleased with that 

I really want to go back tonight, testing the water presently must see if I can earn some serious brownie points today 😁 

But they do say to make hay while the sun shines, 

Sounds like you need to get a handle on the woman, drop a few hints that you and a few work mates are thinking of doing a lads weekend in Amsterdam next year, she will have no problems with you spending up your spare time on fishing. 

I take it most of you guy's ladies don't read the carp forum either? :mrgreen:

Great stuff on the catch, it's an eye opener on the regular baiting approach, i daren't try, if i was to turn up and the swim wasn't free i can't be sure of my reaction, could be one of those bad decision in an instant moments.   plus it's a 100 mile round trip not what i call local, have been dropping hints of a move to Wellingborough on a home exchange but she is having none of it. 

Edited by Carpbell_ll

59 minutes ago, Carpbell_ll said:

Sounds like you need to get a handle on the woman, drop a few hints that you and a few work mates are thinking of doing a lads weekend in Amsterdam next year, she will have no problems with you spending up your spare time on fishing. 

I take it most of you guy's ladies don't read the carp forum either? :mrgreen:

Great stuff on the catch, it's an eye opener on the regular baiting approach, i daren't try, if i was to turn up and the swim wasn't free i can't be sure of my reaction, could be one of those bad decision in an instant moments.   plus it's a 100 mile round trip not what i call local, have been dropping hints of a move to Wellingborough on a home exchange but she is having none of it. 

I'm allowed to go as long as I am back early 😁

Bait prepped put 6 spare cups in the glove box and my proper cup in the car 😂 

Got to do a few bits then hopefully will be back by tea time 😬

Pre baiting can be tense if you think others will be using the swim,but you just have to accept it as part of the risk, I tend to hope now they may just accept my bait in other locations too, although that's not a given, its also not cheap lol I've gone through nearly 25kg of pellets, 25kg of pigeon Conditioner and 20kg of boilies now, I think I may slow it down though for a bit now after this weekend, spend some time with the family, 👨‍👩‍👦😁