Back to pastures old

elmoputney

Well I have to say it's pretty blooming nippy today only me and one other on, at the moment, I was having a mooch and saw one out the back, and I've seen another show since out the other side, I'm in my old faithful swim 2 rods on the old spots and I've chucked a chod out onto what was a once very productive spot but now hasnt been fishable since my return, its choddy but might be worth a go, few spombs on each, we're fishing my new Bobbins look nice just need them to hit the rod now 😂

2 minutes ago, elmoputney said:

Well I have to say it's pretty blooming nippy today only me and one other on, at the moment, I was having a mooch and saw one out the back, and I've seen another show since out the other side, I'm in my old faithful swim 2 rods on the old spots and I've chucked a chod out onto what was a once very productive spot but now hasnt been fishable since my return, its choddy but might be worth a go, few spombs on each, we're fishing my new Bobbins look nice just need them to hit the rod now 😂

Good luck Elmo... Let's have a butchers in a Rod Shot. 

10 minutes ago, elmoputney said:

Best of luck elmo  🎣 👍

42 minutes ago, finchey said:

I'm on my third week of nights on the run and I think this week is going to be the coldest by far. 🥶🥶🥶

Ouch that's harsh 3 weeks of nights on the trot, I don't do nights anymore since march just earlies or lates, I dont miss nights tbh,I think I feel better for it but hate earlies more cos its every other week now 😭

1 minute ago, Big Bass said:

Woke up to my mates alarms going off at 1am, god there loud ! he’s a very slow getting up and out but it’s still on when he picks his rod up. White Heavy frost and a shiny moon looks lovely. Plays the fish for 5 mins is this the 30 at last ? ..... Um no it fell off. Gutter for him 

Gutted mate, hate that feeling, hope you get the chance to make up for it 

On 23/11/2020 at 16:18, elmoputney said:

Ouch that's harsh 3 weeks of nights on the trot, I don't do nights anymore since march just earlies or lates, I dont miss nights tbh,I think I feel better for it but hate earlies more cos its every other week now 😭

I didn't enjoy nights , felt it messed with my body clock .

😃

8 hours ago, crusian said:

I didn't enjoy nights , felt it messed with my body clock .

😃

I used to love the banter of a night shift, but it's not much fun when you know you have to be ready for the school run, certainly got tougher after kids, not sure I would want to go back now, I quite like the almost regular sleep 

Well it seems that time of year again and bait anxiety is really starting to creep in, should I stick on the bait I've done well on or commit to another in the hope of better results next year? I think I am probably going to do another year on this lake and see if I can't get attached to some of the better fish, sensibly I will stick with it no need to change really but I always have that devil on my shoulder saying go on try that one it might just be better 😈

Aaaaaaaagh it's too much does anyone else get this all the time? 

On 29/11/2020 at 18:03, elmoputney said:

I used to love the banter of a night shift, but it's not much fun when you know you have to be ready for the school run, certainly got tougher after kids, not sure I would want to go back now, I quite like the almost regular sleep 

I used to enjoy doing security at night only for the foxes etc can’t say I’ve scaffold in the night time when I was doing split shifts I hated that starting in the dark finishing early hrs not for me 

off to the parc lake this week wet a line in the snow