Back to pastures old

elmoputney

Well it is starting to look like we are going for a full lockdown so I am going to get another night in tomorrow just incase they close the lake again,it's family Halloween today which is going to be different without the tricking and treating but we will be trying to make it fun for them anyway 

I'm going to try and make a sloppy, cloudy spod mix that will sit on the weed and try out the chod rod on my 3rd rod, with this moon about I want to be there and fishing well 

Tight lines all 

4 hours ago, commonly said:

Supposed to be next weekend for me. So I'm hoping they don't close fishing. 

Definitely good for a bite with a full moon, good luck elmo 

I don't think they will necessarily close everywhere, but the people that run my syndicate live on site and they are elderly so more at risk 

They have just announced a full lock down. Unfortunately traveling to go fishing will be seen as an unnecessary journey! We'll have to go along with it but I'm not convinced that it will work. Predictions of 4,000 a day dying is a scary statistic and the Government had to act and I'm just glad it's a call I didn't have to make. The Spanish flu outbreak of 1918 killed more in the 2nd winter wave than the first and history does have a habit of repeating itself.  

6 minutes ago, Golden Paws said:

They have just announced a full lock down. Unfortunately traveling to go fishing will be seen as an unnecessary journey! We'll have to go along with it but I'm not convinced that it will work. Predictions of 4,000 a day dying is a scary statistic and the Government had to act and I'm just glad it's a call I didn't have to make. The Spanish flu outbreak of 1918 killed more in the 2nd winter wave than the first and history does have a habit of repeating itself.  

No UK Lockdown given yet, Boris to make a speech around 6.30, Schools, uni, essentials only... 

14 minutes ago, Golden Paws said:

No UK Lockdown given yet, Boris to make a speech around 6.30, Schools, uni, essentials only... 

Non-essential shops and hospitality will have to close for a month. 

The lockdown is also expected to include restrictions on travel and is due to come into force on Thursday, lasting until 2 December. 

14 hours ago, Golden Paws said:

I'm not convinced that it will work. 

Australia has just announced national donut day. That is 24 hours without a single new infection in the whole country. They had to impose very severe restrictions in August but they do seem to have worked. If everyone sticks to the guidance and avoids contriving excuses for ignoring them then perhaps we can have our own donut day.

I had a chat with the owners when I got here they seem keen to keep it open, I am the only person on the whole 25 acres tonight nice, 

Couldn't decide on a swim so I plumped for a new one in the big lake, just spread 3 rods out right across the swim, covering a good chunk of water, I couldn't find any other signs of life so just taking a chance they've moved into the big lake and on the back of the wind 

@framey 2 rods cast to far bank markers at 11.5 wraps, 😂 bit soft and silty but you never know, might be something to work on, couldn't find a lot better and it was dark before the bivvy was up so I've tried 😁

3 hours ago, elmoputney said:

I had a chat with the owners when I got here they seem keen to keep it open, I am the only person on the whole 25 acres tonight nice, 

Couldn't decide on a swim so I plumped for a new one in the big lake, just spread 3 rods out right across the swim, covering a good chunk of water, I couldn't find any other signs of life so just taking a chance they've moved into the big lake and on the back of the wind 

@framey 2 rods cast to far bank markers at 11.5 wraps, 😂 bit soft and silty but you never know, might be something to work on, couldn't find a lot better and it was dark before the bivvy was up so I've tried 😁

Tight lines , Elmo .

25 acres all to yourself ! , oh that's way too many options for me 😱 .

2 hours ago, crusian said:

Tight lines , Elmo .

25 acres all to yourself ! , oh that's way too many options for me 😱 .

Thanks

It wasn't an easy choice tbh, sometimes you have to just suck it and see, I don't feel like I've chosen too badly, the wind is hacking into the other half of the lake behind me, while it's windy the big part is fairly flat calm, I would have expected surf to be up, but it doesn't feel bad.

had one savage liner so far, I've decided to call my rods. Rod, Jane and Freddy just waiting now for one of those to zippy off so I can bungle one into the net 😳😁

Well nothing on the proper fishing lake, all 3 of the rigs came in with detritus on them so may not have been fishing at all tbh which isn't ideal , next stop chods all the way if I'm in unfamiliar territory, they all seemed to get a drop of some sort but not a firm donk, 

Does anyone think its mad to try and create an open water spot at this time of year with a load of particle? I want my own little slice of big lake 🤔

6 minutes ago, yonny said:

It's a bit late to start but maybe not too late. I wouldn't go mental on qty's though mate.

I still think it's mild enough to have a go at starting something if I get cracking ASAP 😳 but also I think if it's mild like last winter there may always be a slight chance if you can get them visiting a spot maybe 

• 2 weeks later...

IMG_20201119_120601.thumb.jpg.d0e1523ab6ef51dd5baacab609475d79.jpg

Spod mix prepped and ready, just got to try and sort my kit out cos I've booked tomorrow off work and I am going fishing woop woop, 

Pigeon mix and boilies well doused in molasses and liver hydro , will add some cream of evaporated tomorrow, saucy  😂 

It stinks and its sticky, just how I like it 😭

3 hours ago, elmoputney said:

IMG_20201119_120601.thumb.jpg.d0e1523ab6ef51dd5baacab609475d79.jpg

Spod mix prepped and ready, just got to try and sort my kit out cos I've booked tomorrow off work and I am going fishing woop woop, 

Pigeon mix and boilies well doused in molasses and liver hydro , will add some cream of evaporated tomorrow, saucy  😂 

It stinks and its sticky, just how I like it 😭

Good luck for tomorrow mate, I hope all your prep pays off for ya.😁👍🎣

Thanks finchey

My bits arrived from Johnson Ross bought an extra sonik sks alarm for my 4th rod set up, 

Greys 7ft stalker rod, bait runner, single sticks and a rather special old bobbin, I think I'm going to enjoy this set up, will be nice to have a roving rod, might not be ideal for winter but I think it might prove to be a lot of fun 😉

1 minute ago, Carpmaster said:

Best of luck 🤞 may the carp gods look on you 

4 minutes ago, elmoputney said:

Thanks finchey

My bits arrived from Johnson Ross bought an extra sonik sks alarm for my 4th rod set up, 

Greys 7ft stalker rod, bait runner, single sticks and a rather special old bobbin, I think I'm going to enjoy this set up, will be nice to have a roving rod, might not be ideal for winter but I think it might prove to be a lot of fun 😉

Im done now until NY day... 😭😭