Back to pastures old

elmoputney

10 minutes ago, elmoputney said:

Well it seems that time of year again and bait anxiety is really starting to creep in, should I stick on the bait I've done well on or commit to another in the hope of better results next year? I think I am probably going to do another year on this lake and see if I can't get attached to some of the better fish, sensibly I will stick with it no need to change really but I always have that devil on my shoulder saying go on try that one it might just be better 😈

Aaaaaaaagh it's too much does anyone else get this all the time? 

Yes I get the carp gremlins elmo a wise voice kicks in and says don’t try fix what’s not broken the thing I’ve learnt over the yrs this time of yr add things that hold heat as long as possible some hot ground sit this time of yr works wonders elmo  change the water temp by a degree or two can make them eat a little    Works for me elmo

11 hours ago, elmoputney said:

does anyone else get this all the time? 

Nope.

Stick with what you're using mate. If it's working then you're setting yourself back by changing. You know you have a bait they'll eat so you know that all you have to do is put it in the right place. You're already half way there.

1 hour ago, yonny said:

Nope.

Stick with what you're using mate. If it's working then you're setting yourself back by changing. You know you have a bait they'll eat so you know that all you have to do is put it in the right place. You're already half way there.

That's what I want to do tbh, but I just get these irrational thoughts about changing bait, I think it's called a wobble or something, 

I am looking at zig fishing presently, I don't think many will be using them on my lake, could be a winter solution to get me catching again, I've got some little scent from hell dumbells that I think may work a treat also some proper job dumbells to try, Ive never done it before but could be something different enough to work 🤔

2 minutes ago, elmoputney said:

I am looking at zig fishing presently

We are defo getting towards that time of year imo mate. The cold waters will soon be sinking (its denser than warmer water) making it uncomfortable for mr carp to feed on the deck for prolonged periods. I'd personally rather have 23 hours with a bit of foam in front of their nose than one hour with them feeding on bait.

6 minutes ago, yonny said:

We are defo getting towards that time of year imo mate. The cold waters will soon be sinking (its denser than warmer water) making it uncomfortable for mr carp to feed on the deck for prolonged periods. I'd personally rather have 23 hours with a bit of foam in front of their nose than one hour with them feeding on bait.

Just ordered some zig line and size 8 wide gapes, winter zigs are happening now 😁 got to be worth a try I think, I can use 4 Rods all at different depths one of them should work hopefully 🤞

On 30/11/2020 at 20:04, elmoputney said:

Well it seems that time of year again and bait anxiety is really starting to creep in, should I stick on the bait I've done well on or commit to another in the hope of better results next year? I think I am probably going to do another year on this lake and see if I can't get attached to some of the better fish, sensibly I will stick with it no need to change really but I always have that devil on my shoulder saying go on try that one it might just be better 😈

Aaaaaaaagh it's too much does anyone else get this all the time? 

Well IMO , Elmo I would throw that devil in the lake and stay on your bait , but maybe reduce the size .

After all your hard work ( with some lovely results ) , push on next year and catch more , and bigger fish .

😃

Just now, crusian said:

Well IMO , Elmo I would throw that devil in the lake and stay on your bait , but maybe reduce the size .

After all your hard work ( with some lovely results ) , push on next year and catch more , and bigger fish .

😃

Thanks that fire burnt out again for now I am staying on it again 😁

I do already use all available sizes 12mm,15mm,18mm, I like a bit of variety on the sizes 

On 22/11/2020 at 22:11, elmoputney said:

Defiant mps heads with cygnet pivot arms 

I've looked at the MPS heads before as they reminded me of the Nash slapheads .

At the moment I use Gardner Nano Bugs , as I like the light weight of the bobbins and the cords .

I expect you have given a lot of thought as to why you should match the MPS heads with Cygnet arms , or did you just ask HIghy , the " indicator King " ? . 😁

😃

17 minutes ago, crusian said:

I've looked at the MPS heads before as they reminded me of the Nash slapheads .

At the moment I use Gardner Nano Bugs , as I like the light weight of the bobbins and the cords .

I expect you have given a lot of thought as to why you should match the MPS heads with Cygnet arms , or did you just ask HIghy , the " indicator King " ? . 😁

😃

I did it because I already had the cygnet bits, tbh if I was buying it all from scratch I would buy matrix or another brand as they are better mixing cygnet use a male thread hockey stick, where virtually everyone else use a female hockey stick thread, hope that makes sense 🏒😊

Woop woop I got permission from the good lady for an after work fish Thursday night, just got to get confirmation of holiday from work and I'll be there ziggin it up in the cold, can't wait, 

On the bait works podcast this month they were on about baileys coffee, I think I can go one better baileys and horlicks #itsthebailicks haven't tried it yet but what's not too love 🙄😂🤔

I'm toying with the idea of some maggots this week, 

2 zigs and 2 on the bottom with some spombed red ones over the top, 

It's going to have to be a bit of a live by the sword job as I'm probably only gonna have an hour of daylight to get something sorted though from when I get there, not ideal but it is what it is, and I'll be fishing 😂

1 hour ago, elmoputney said:

Guess who just opened up a tub of scent from hell in the kitchen after quickly knocking up a zig rig whilst my significant other is on the school run 😂

Air freshener, door open, never a good idea 🚸😅

No.. I hope the air cleared before she got home .. .. that would be a serious bad move in our home now, as I have previous for it... about 25 years ago I rolled a load of squid and octopus boilies and needed more freezer room ( only on a temporary basis ) so squeezed them in the food freezer... I have no idea how all the food in the freezer smelt of solar squid and octopus afterwards and the missus threw most of it away.. powerful stuff that squid and octopus and we did used to catch well on it.... but I don’t think I would use it now 😁

1 minute ago, Choprider said:

No.. I hope the air cleared before she got home .. .. that would be a serious bad move in our home now, as I have previous for it... about 25 years ago I rolled a load of squid and octopus boilies and needed more freezer room ( only on a temporary basis ) so squeezed them in the food freezer... I have no idea how all the food in the freezer smelt of solar squid and octopus afterwards and the missus threw most of it away.. powerful stuff that squid and octopus and we did used to catch well on it.... but I don’t think I would use it now 😁

😂😂lol I done the same thing wasn’t long after we finished I can’t think why 😂 I’ve got a good un now and I’m wiser I keep it up mine now lol I still use the squid an octopus koi rearer an it’s still catches carp today just don’t let the other half smell it lol 😂 

19 hours ago, Carpmaster said:

Best of luck elmo hopefully I’ll be off sometime on the weekend fingers crossed 🤞 

Good luck, 

I didn't have any tbh, nothing doing today,had a good look about didn't see anything, in hindsight rushing into a night without a plan or clue where they might be isn't the best idea as winter approaches, I've been told I should  hang the rods up for this year anyway, I'm starting to agree, I didn't fish well at all 😂had a nice curry and bailicks though so it was alright 😊

Need to sort all my kit out and have a good clean up anyway, and then I can start planning trying to catch more in 2021 than I did this year 🤔