Back to pastures old

elmoputney

12 minutes ago, Highy said:

What I would give to be on my way now after work....pay day = shopping day, bill day, training day 😪😪😪.

I am working til 10pm if it helps and will start work tomorrow at 10am just a v quick overnighter but I won't catch em at home. It's pretty busy again so I've just heard but I did bait a spot last week that is free so it may be a slot in and hope Job tonight,🙄

4 hours ago, Highy said:

AND GUESS WHAT 😀😀....mine is loaded....

Wife finish work early, doesn't feel great....tell you what, I'll give you some quiet time....

Car loaded, wait for mad home from school....me lad n dog out until Dark 🎣  🎣 🎣

You're all heart , Highy , thinking about your Wife like that .

😁

6 hours ago, Highy said:

AND GUESS WHAT 😀😀....mine is loaded....

Wife finish work early, doesn't feel great....tell you what, I'll give you some quiet time....

Car loaded, wait for mad home from school....me lad n dog out until Dark 🎣  🎣 🎣

7 hours ago, B B said:

Go on..why not, just take the 1 rod a mat and net small bag, no need for a chair you can use the mat to sit on… but that’s going to get wet when you get a biggie tho 🤔

7 hours ago, elmoputney said:

Well my car is loaded just got to do the shopping and you work thing now. Bit tempted by a sneaky half day not gonna lie 

Blank Bruno for me....

IMG_20230421_055817.thumb.jpg.ba45acced93816521eacb8b689dfcb7f.jpg

My view from the scratcher, it's pretty rainy, been solid for the last couple of hours, should be a gap at 8am when I will start the pack down ready to go back to work. I was pretty efficient last night rods all out nicely by midnight all got a donk. Asleep by 1, now I am just hoping I find a carp stupid enough to spring the traps. 

Left rod is the fix boilies whole and chops with squid 2t pop up, Middle is a solid bag with tigers and a few boilies the right hand rod is reaper nut mix whole nd chops and match the hatch pop up. I'm giving them options and so far they re turning there noses up at all of em 😂

Had plans to finish early from work and nip over the dock today the sun was up and I fancied Zigs in the warm weather, apparently they do like a zig 🙄

Then had a call from my mates wife telling me I got to go fishing with him, “he’s doing my head in” was her words. He had a heart op around 6wks ago and has had a flu like bug since the op been indoors most of that time so with the sun out off we went.

Had a great time, good catch up and a laugh in the sun we both had 2 Carp and a Bream nothing big around 8lb for the carp but on light float gear we both had smiles on our faces…

Then it dawned on me I’m just as happy fishing for carp no matter what the size be it on a small lake for a mixed bag of fish up to mid doubles to a chance of a mid 40 on the syndicate. 

3 hours ago, elmoputney said:

Well I'm packed and ready to go, and I'm taking Betty today, we're going on a  doggy fishing adventure, I hope she isn't too mental and just chills a bit, just gonna have a bite to eat then we're hitting the road, hopefully she will be a good luck charm and I may end the blank run I'm on🙏

Keep us posted Elmo 👍

8 hours ago, elmoputney said:

Well I'm packed and ready to go, and I'm taking Betty today, we're going on a  doggy fishing adventure, I hope she isn't too mental and just chills a bit, just gonna have a bite to eat then we're hitting the road, hopefully she will be a good luck charm and I may end the blank run I'm on🙏

How's it going elmo ?

1 hour ago, Highy said:

How's it going elmo ?

Nothing yet, but did manage to get on the fish this time, I think I have a chance anyway so that's good. 

29 minutes ago, B B said:

Elmo is still trying to get Betty out of the lake so he can cast 😂

She hasn't been too bad I took her for a good walk round, she likes to be by my side though constantly but she's now pretty chilled, she didn't like the geese to start with but she's learnt to ignore them. It's not going too bad so far just hope she stays in her bed now. 

39 minutes ago, elmoputney said:

Nothing yet, but did manage to get on the fish this time, I think I have a chance anyway so that's good. 

She hasn't been too bad I took her for a good walk round, she likes to be by my side though constantly but she's now pretty chilled, she didn't like the geese to start with but she's learnt to ignore them. It's not going too bad so far just hope she stays in her bed now. 

Best of luck Elmo, I must say I do envy you having a bivvy dog 👍  

1 hour ago, elmoputney said:

I didn't think she would be tbh but she is doing OK at the moment, 

Couple of bleeps, now I just want a screamer, looks pretty carpy this morning though IMG_20230429_053706.thumb.jpg.a744159a60d3654bb6591868a24cf949.jpg

Got some questions that’s troubling me about your pic Elmo…

have you noticed that your net has been stolen from your handle and the cheeky sods have stuffed it in the mud… also have you upgraded your bait boat the white boat on the left of the pic is it me but it looks on the large size mate …just saying.

It do look carpy tho 

Edited by B B

41 minutes ago, B B said:

Got some questions that’s troubling me about your pic Elmo…

have you noticed that your net has been stolen from your handle and the cheeky sods have stuffed it in the mud… also have you upgraded your bait boat the white boat on the left of the pic is it me but it looks on the large size mate …just saying.

It do look carpy tho 

Twas the Rudd that done it, it's my phone holder for when I use the blooming deeper 

I'm not sending that thing out blooming nearly sank last time i went out in it 😳

Another blank, one rod came in clumped in weed, the banker (lol) came in without a hookbait attached(yes it did have one on before) , and my 3rd rod was OK, I did get to take a photo for the bloke next door though,he seems to have it sussed and doing good angling tbh, I am beginning to take this poor run of form a little personally, I'm giving my head a wobble now. 

1 hour ago, elmoputney said:

I've maybe come to a decision to give up on the syndicate, with nothing concrete in place to replace it 😳

I quite like the idea of going to a few premier day tickets and having a week in France. Is that bonkers? 

I loved my time on day ticket waters, the travelling and trying to find the waters no sat nav in them days all map reading, the excitement of a new water. There’s some stunning waters the Carp society’s Horseshoe and Orchid lake the home of the 30’s as it’s billed to name a few. we had our share of not so pretty waters to lol But there’s so much info on waters nowadays you can’t go wrong. 
I feel it made me a better angler for fishing day ticket waters  

Cant you take a year or two out and fish day tickets and then go back to your syndicate ?