Back to pastures old

elmoputney

2 hours ago, elmoputney said:

I've maybe come to a decision to give up ALTOGETHER, with nothing to replace with 😳

That's my feeling at the moment, maybe as now I can't get out nowhere near what I used too with no Car, wife uses hers at least 6 days a week....1 mate sold up, another drives a mini, so wife would have to drop off an pick up (when/if she can or not working).

3 hours ago, B B said:

I loved my time on day ticket waters, the travelling and trying to find the waters no sat nav in them days all map reading, the excitement of a new water. There’s some stunning waters the Carp society’s Horseshoe and Orchid lake the home of the 30’s as it’s billed to name a few. we had our share of not so pretty waters to lol But there’s so much info on waters nowadays you can’t go wrong. 
I feel it made me a better angler for fishing day ticket waters  

Cant you take a year or two out and fish day tickets and then go back to your syndicate ?

I think that i may do I would like to think I am leaving in good terms just feel like I am going through the motions and it's getting boring tbh, I've got some decent day tickets locally that I could pop on for a night, and a bit further a field there is Stanwick, trent view, bluebells, orchid,linear the cotswolds etc  and tonnes of others, always fancied a trip to yately, there is plenty to keep me going even the odd noddy lake for a fun day. and you know maybe some of you guys could do a guestie for me  😏😏

But I enjoyed the planning of the French trip and if I could do a week in France each year I would be well happy,and each little uk trip would be a bit like that too, I found a banging lake in France I want to try looks cracking, weed to the surface with sandy clear spots, you can hire a boat and stuff looks pukka, mint carp and a week is about £450 with crossing included (not rediculous) 

And if i get fed up with the busyness there is an ultra hard big pit not too far from me lol, I'm on a couple of waiting lists still so I may not have to wait too long 

Time for a different challenge, I've told the family I am doing a final 2 nighter next weekend and that's it last chance for a 30 from there. 

2 hours ago, Highy said:

That's my feeling at the moment, maybe as now I can't get out nowhere near what I used too with no Car, wife uses hers at least 6 days a week....1 mate sold up, another drives a mini, so wife would have to drop off an pick up (when/if she can or not working).

That sounds drastic mate, don't sell up, maybe just try and do some overtime and save up for a new carp mobile 

6 minutes ago, elmoputney said:

That sounds drastic mate, don't sell up, maybe just try and do some overtime and save up for a new carp mobile 

Honestly, really no luck when I have a car on my own, my last 3 solo cars have all ended in scrapping....

14 minutes ago, elmoputney said:

I think that i may do I would like to think I am leaving in good terms just feel like I am going through the motions and it's getting boring tbh, I've got some decent day tickets locally that I could pop on for a night, and a bit further a field there is Stanwick, trent view, bluebells, orchid,linear the cotswolds etc  and tonnes of others, always fancied a trip to yately, there is plenty to keep me going even the odd noddy lake for a fun day. and you know maybe some of you guys could do a guestie for me  😏😏

But I enjoyed the planning of the French trip and if I could do a week in France each year I would be well happy,and each little uk trip would be a bit like that too, I found a banging lake in France I want to try looks cracking, weed to the surface with sandy clear spots, you can hire a boat and stuff looks pukka, mint carp and a week is about £450 with crossing included (not rediculous) 

And if i get fed up with the busyness there is an ultra hard big pit not too far from me lol, I'm on a couple of waiting lists still so I may not have to wait too long 

Time for a different challenge, I've told the family I am doing a final 2 nighter next weekend and that's it last chance for a 30 from there. 

My club water has recently done 3x 20's....only ever seen 1 in person...

France would be a once only for me...

1 hour ago, Highy said:

Honestly, really no luck when I have a car on my own, my last 3 solo cars have all ended in scrapping....

My club water has recently done 3x 20's....only ever seen 1 in person...

France would be a once only for me...

I've been there I've had some right old dogs, but you just have to keep trying, buy them off old people that's usually a good sign, don't buy them from cities and the seaside, look for a low mileage one that's been looked after well, japanese cars are usually not too bad, volvos and things that aren't fashionable too usually work OK. 

6 hours ago, Highy said:

Can’t you fish the canals you posted about from your bike don’t use yer bivvy just a umbrella plenty of daylight hours in the summer time 

16 minutes ago, B B said:

Can’t you fish the canals you posted about from your bike don’t use yer bivvy just a umbrella plenty of daylight hours in the summer time 

Not even got a bike at moment, that went downill too, repeated punctures chain snapped....

Walking work at moment. 

There about 1mile walk from house...

12 hours ago, B B said:

Listen mate sell some of your gear to fund getting a half decent cheap bike you got your independence back then, fish light and be mobile on the canals, think positively this is the chance to fish this summer on the canals until things turn around for you to get a car  👍 

Me n Wife was talking last night, at moment I will be using my lads Bike for work until we go on hiliday on 4th June, then when we are back, a bike will be bought for myself.

But she has mentioned about just leasing a cheap decent small car for herself and I have hers.

See how things go in next few weeks.

1 hour ago, Highy said:

Me n Wife was talking last night, at moment I will be using my lads Bike for work until we go on hiliday on 4th June, then when we are back, a bike will be bought for myself.

But she has mentioned about just leasing a cheap decent small car for herself and I have hers.

See how things go in next few weeks.

Sounds promising, it's always good to talk about things, you can't sacrifice everything that makes you happy in life mate not a good thing to do. Hopefully you find a decent solution soon. 

21 hours ago, elmoputney said:

Can you tell me in which region of the UK? I think I can guess where it is. I was at the same price last year. And at the time it seemed very expensive to me.

2 minutes ago, elmoputney said:

16838203450288528136614895960516.thumb.jpg.90b69fdfb73396715aa529be813cc3f9.jpgIt's the final countdown to the final weekend on this place, I have been granted a rare 2 nighter and I plan to make the most of it, the only preconceived idea I have is I'm going to make it a banquet for them, got loads of pellets, loadsa boilies and some particles and I'm gonna use it, 😂

What particles you gey from them...I got the Ultimate freezer bait 40kg.

Not used any yet...

But that's alot of bait 🤣🤣

Just now, Highy said:

What particles you gey from them...I got the Ultimate freezer bait 40kg.

Not used any yet...

But that's alot of bait 🤣🤣

They were dark mix and hemp they now house boilies been saving the last of my retro baits Shropshire Gold for a special occasion this seems to be it, just got some partiblend and tigers which I will add some corn too for colour. A big bucket of pellets, a bucket of Pva mix pellets, a good few kilos of boilies in different shapes and sizes, start off heavy then just keep topping it up if I get a bite🙏

It's not really excessive😳, just think it feels like the time to go for it. 

1 hour ago, elmoputney said:

Hurry up 2pm, I've got a car locked and loaded and I'm ready for action. Hoping I can get a half decent swim this weekend. 

Wife said I can go tonight, but need be home for 8am, got mi lads footy presentation at 3pm, we need to blow up 400 balloons for a balloon arch and 2 balloon stands.....

But I may put it off and chance for a 48hr next bank holiday. 

35 minutes ago, B B said:

I must being getting older…or wiser,  1st things I put in my bag was suntan lotion, baseball cap and bottle of water. 

Will need those today and tomorrow, both warm days up north here....