Back to pastures old

elmoputney

Run out of time on the end, had to settle for a Consolation breakfast from mcdonalds 

I think I am done in that swim for now its been nice while it lasted but I feel like I know it too well lol, I thought that this morning when grabbing my rod and lead in the standard way to avoid the over hanging tree after wrapping up the rod, I've become too comfortable and have stopped looking elsewhere, it's good to know but I need to delve deeper to find the bigguns, I can always revisit at times but I don't want to end up just going through the motions, 

I've had a nice run and had 11 carp to 28lb 4oz from it so in hindsight not a bad bit of graft 😁 but time for a fresh view 👍

• 2 weeks later...

Well it looks like I may not get any time to fish for the next couple of weeks so i suggested I might do a quick sunday overnighter, this was met with a pretty good response so I'm going tomorrow 😁 

I'm going to keep my options open this week and try and fish anywhere but the usual, i haven't got any plans, a couple of swims I wouldn't mind trying, but I may just do something new, and see if I can't learn something else about the place 

7 hours ago, commonly said:

Good luck buddy. 

You know what works so don't go to new😉

I've gone fully backwards this week ha ha, geez I've had a few small incidents already, forgot my pult, forgot my throwing stick had to use the airbomb, I can see why people use bait boats lol 3 ahoy shipmates and you are fishing, it took me ages to into dark to distribute that bait and it wasn't dead accurate, I'll be amazed if I catch one but I'm in a new swim I've found some spots and I am having a go, I am also in the muddiest swim on the lake (I could've picked plenty of others that weren't muddy) and have already been on my ass whilst baiting up 😁

I am having a go and a beer now so chilling, it's all good 

Well it's been a night to remember so far, I slept well

I got the airbomb out this morning first cast didn't open, switched to my dodgy Chinese spomb 1st cast I thought hmmmm spombs are better to use, bought it back in the nose clip bit had fallen off one dodgy dead spomb 😁 I may invest in a couple of genuine spombs this week, they do seem the most usable and accurate 

I got the trusty  korda skyraider out after that, wasn't perfect but at least I am confident I've got some bait near my spots now, just need a fish to come and eat it all now, or at least a hookbait 😁

10 minutes ago, elmoputney said:

Well it's been a night to remember so far, I slept well

I got the airbomb out this morning first cast didn't open, switched to my dodgy Chinese spomb 1st cast I thought hmmmm spombs are better to use, bought it back in the nose clip bit had fallen off one dodgy dead spomb 😁 I may invest in a couple of genuine spombs this week, they do seem the most usable and accurate 

I got the trusty  korda skyraider out after that, wasn't perfect but at least I am confident I've got some bait near my spots now, just need a fish to come and eat it all now, or at least a hookbait 😁

🤞

Not even a bleep, 😭

My left hand rod was silt infested, so not a hot spot, middle and right were OK though middle came in with a lump of clay on it so that's a potential good spot, I may have to switch to lead clips or helis though as it looked to have dug into the clay which may have made the hooklink sit funny or maybe just use bags (I had forgotten my pva mesh and pva bag accessory bucket too) but it's another swim I can fish now if I need too. Not a wasted session, just a other one closer to a biggun 

Well I've kind of formulated a plan for Thursday, going tomorrow to spomb a load of particles on a spot I've yet to discover 😳 last time I was there I saw a couple of shows in a little fished area, so hopefully if it's not busy I can get away with it 

Not sure if it's a good plan but hey its a plan, 🥴 I will have all day there Thursday so I don't need to rush into anything, will just see if anything shows there or anywhere else 

4 hours ago, yonny said:

It's little clues like this that end up as a biggun in the net 👍

I went and had a quick go with the lead found an ish spot that seemed ok but needing work and quite shallow , still quite weedy though, might have to chod it for now and keep searching for more spots, they will be there somewhere 😂

Well the new swim didn't look great there was still a few seeds in the margin, a couple of people blanking In the big part made me look elsewhere, I'm back on familier soil 😁 I couldn't resist,it just looked good today,

I cast my second rod at a showing fish, I saw loads of signs and was getting surprised it hadn't happened, and then as cinderella had to leave the ball before she turned into a pumpkin, my middle rod tears off, I struggled into the crocs and couldn't find the headlight as quick as I wanted but I have started using leadclips this week, the lead discharged and the battle was an easy one, 23lb mirror that just seemed to do more or less what i wanted, I even thought it was a bream for a moment until I remembered it had pulled the line out the clip 😁

Don't add pellets the night before btw terrible idea 😁 so heavy it cracked my spomb off, luckily I got it back casting over it, also lucky I bought a spare kilo of baits so I can just pult those out 🍀

Going to refresh the rods soon after my first light cuppa and see if I can't nick another before the final whistle 

11 minutes til rods in time and there are small patches of bubbles, ripples etc going to be tough to wind in, but I have to as I promised the kids I would pick them up from school, there is always another day

I will drop some moosh on them before I leave though either that or use to to cement a bbq  😁

Well the old life seems to be going pretty well today, sold my old car this morning, my kids wanted to stay with nanny for a bit so I pegged it home got changed and loaded up, wanged it straight down the lake, just managed to bucket "The swim" in time before some others turned up, I was told someone had a couple out of here last weekend, but karma is on my side today they've had a free feed in the week, the regular haunts are all chocca so I'm not in a bad little spot, rods are out, just got the bivvy up before it rained, now all we need is Mr carp to pay a visit beeeeeeeeeep 

10 hours ago, crusian said:

At least you managed to get set up and inside your bivvy before the rain started , and aren't you supposed to fish into the wind ? .

😁

I'm not sure tbh, didn't do me any good though, for whatever reason nothing has materialised yet though, looks a bit more likely this morning, lots of rudd activity but other than a liner this morning nothing doing, 

Its a lesson went in with a pre conceived plan and so far it hasn't worked, it does only take one bite but I might have to consider other options going forward, they've got to be somewhere 

Still a Consolation Mcdonalds is on the cards, better start the old pack up once I've drunk my tea 😁

2 hours ago, elmoputney said:

I'm not sure tbh, didn't do me any good though, for whatever reason nothing has materialised yet though, looks a bit more likely this morning, lots of rudd activity but other than a liner this morning nothing doing, 

Its a lesson went in with a pre conceived plan and so far it hasn't worked, it does only take one bite but I might have to consider other options going forward, they've got to be somewhere 

Still a Consolation Mcdonalds is on the cards, better start the old pack up once I've drunk my tea 😁

Well at least you got out there , I listened to the rain and wind , and hid under my duvet 😴.

So it's a consolation McDonalds if you don't catch , and a celebration McDonalds if you do catch ? 😁.

21 minutes ago, crusian said:

Well at least you got out there , I listened to the rain and wind , and hid under my duvet 😴.

So it's a consolation McDonalds if you don't catch , and a celebration McDonalds if you do catch ? 😁.

Something like that 😁 it just means I get home quicker as I am not faffing with breakfast before I pack up, quick overnighters need fast food 😂