Back to pastures old

elmoputney

4 hours ago, elmoputney said:

I'm allowed to go as long as I am back early 😁

Bait prepped put 6 spare cups in the glove box and my proper cup in the car 😂 

Got to do a few bits then hopefully will be back by tea time 😬

Pre baiting can be tense if you think others will be using the swim,but you just have to accept it as part of the risk, I tend to hope now they may just accept my bait in other locations too, although that's not a given, its also not cheap lol I've gone through nearly 25kg of pellets, 25kg of pigeon Conditioner and 20kg of boilies now, I think I may slow it down though for a bit now after this weekend, spend some time with the family, 👨‍👩‍👦😁

Sounds like you've got them rocking with 3 fish last night. I wouldn't be slowing it down. If you can't fish then fair enough but try and keep the bait going in.  It's only going to get better at this time of year. 

3 hours ago, emmcee said:

Sounds like you've got them rocking with 3 fish last night. I wouldn't be slowing it down. If you can't fish then fair enough but try and keep the bait going in.  It's only going to get better at this time of year. 

I just lost one to a hook pull,it felt like a decent one too 😭 

they are out there though I am hopeful of more chances tbh , I will keep trying to keep the bait going in, I think I need to just slow it down and get some life family balance back 

I may or may not regret it but I have just put out quite a hit more bait 😬 I figure I've got to not be late home tomorrow let them feast tonight 😁 

So far Well it's been a funny old night and not in a good way really, 

1 hook pull 

1 lost in the pads 

And a mid 20, which was foul hooked in the gut, must've been feeding over the bait or something and got nicked by the wafter rig (was treated and went back OK) 

Its been a totally different night and I've hardly slept, but I am going to have a cuppa and watch the sunrise, 

Edited by elmoputney

This is the 11lbers tail 

389989364_virginia11lbtail.thumb.JPG.2a0eb51a444b59b4e942fb3f0675ea4b.JPG

20lb4oz both sides 

463566853_virginia20lb4oz.thumb.JPG.13b035950771906e836391b56741423d.JPG

1450751472_virginia20lb4ozside2.thumb.JPG.83d5f2ac184515e0af48126c6c2da869.JPG

The 15lber I regret not getting a proper photo with 1706349082_virginia15lb.thumb.JPG.c563eea600d14991cf514aef4667c751.JPG

And the stunning 17lb blank saver 

1521047332_virginia17lbstunner.thumb.JPG.51a774e851b0ee93a214641fedbe2f11.JPG

Not a bad weekends work, shame about the other 3 nil pointers though, but a lot happier than before the 17lber this morning, I am convinced that first one I lost last night was one of the bigger ones, we will never know though so I will just have to try and catch it again sometime 😉

Well no fishing for me this weekend, going for a curry with the misses and my best mate and his wife, been a while so will be nice to catch up, 

I haven't told the Mrs yet but I've defrosted some bait and I am going to try and sneak off to bait up later, they've only had one bucket of pellets this week don't want them forgetting who I am 😁

51 minutes ago, commonly said:

2 nights on the bank next weekend. 

Been Baiting up twice, again tomorrow and Tuesday, had to limit it to a few k due to bait company fulfilling orders, so no more available until the end of the month 😭

That's not so good, I was with a Company that messed me about for a bit last year, I want a bait I can usually get hold of ASAP, I expect a few extra days at the moment, but till the end of the month is too long, retro seem on the ball though usually it's 2 to 3 days after ordering that it arrives even in the current climate 

2 hours ago, commonly said:

I have about 20k to last. He's going to a European competition in a few weeks. Providing about 500k for his team. 😳

I can get mainline for reasonable prices if I need it, but this bait comes ridiculously good value, s

Well that's a healthy amount I'll still have less when my next lot comes in 😁

Doesn't time fly when you are fishing? 

I looked at my Clock what only felt a moment ago, all I've done is sat back watching the water and it's now 25 minutes later, I'm poised and  ready though fully reclined in the transformer chair, thinking at what point did I decide i didn't need the tea making kit this morning, that was a bad idea, I bought 2 tins of fizzy pop a few brioche rolls and banana, it will have to do, i think there is a chance though, and it's lovely just to be back in paradise, even if its only a fleeting visit 

Well finished up with 2 fish and 2 hook pulls, the other one I caught was just over 15lb, the 2nd one i lost was a bottom hugging beast, i had got it out the weed Into relatively safe waters when the hook pulled, gutted it was a bigger one for sure 😭

When I checked the rig the hookpoint had slightly burred, not a bad morning though pics to follow 😁

I keep thinking this is the one this weekend, every weekend I think that lol, when is one of those bigguns going to get netted? . surely I havent used up all my lives and they have slipped my grasp, I'm getting proper addicted at the moment, I want to be there all the time, I am buzzing like an old fridge, because I am going today to try and tempt one, I have an overnighter locked and loaded, just the usual anxiety that the swim is available now, just need the green light from Mrs P and I'm away  

they saw bait Sunday, Tuesday and Thursday this week, cos I am letting my foot off the gas, so they know its there just hope they visit today 😬

Tight lines all 

Well I managed to land one in the night, few scary moments really tried every trick to dispatch the hook into something, I thought for a moment it had snagged me up but a little pressure with the rod down low seemed to get it moving luckily,it went completely the wrong direction to usual really threw me off kilter they usually head straight for the pads , it was caught on a ronnie rig from a spot that usually produces but I don't always fish for some reason so quite pleased I moved it there last night 🤔😁

23lb12oz mirror which I thought was much bigger, looked big I though lt, pics to follow 

Otherwise fairly quiet night and morning so far 

Well I am back home now until tea time, but I have a pass out for tonight again, I think this little campaign is coming to an end that area is starting to see a bit of pressure and I am starting to feel precious about the swim and dont want to be like that tbh, plus I want to try and crack the big part of the lake I did leave a bucket though for one final fling tonight 😁

Well it's been a funny old night, I got here had shows on both my spots, couldn't have been much more confident, messed up getting a fairly simple cast on the money too often but they were right in the end, nothing til this morning, when my right hand rod tore off and yet another hookpull, then just as was writing this my left hand rod rips off, massive scrap but I got it in but as it drew closer I knew something wasn't right somehow I have managed to foul hook another one in the belly, must have just been grazing on the spot swam into my rig, 

I know I can't really moan I've had some real nice captures lately, but I do feel I've also had my share of bad luck too, 2020 what a year eh, still time to get another one I need to pack up and get sorted out the rods will be the last thing back in the car standard 😁