Back to pastures old

elmoputney

44 minutes ago, emmcee said:

Looks good. 

Though from what I've been told nowhere is fishing that well at the moment anyway. 

The odd one or two have been coming out I think, but it has been a bit slow lately, I'm not going to go crazy with the bait this weekend, they are probably still getting through the post lockdown bait from everyone 😕😳

20 minutes ago, Highy said:

I've noticed on my last few visits that the Margins on the water I fish are really being neglected, I've caught my last 2 fish from the margins. Never without 1 rod in margin. 

That's you , Highy , and Kev. that have mentioned the margins .

I'll give the margins a go , save me getting stressed when I try to get tight to the far bank and cast into a tree , unless it's dusk because the carp roost in the trees at night , don't they 🤫 .

😁 

1 hour ago, crusian said:

That's you , Highy , and Kev. that have mentioned the margins .

I'll give the margins a go , save me getting stressed when I try to get tight to the far bank and cast into a tree , unless it's dusk because the carp roost in the trees at night , don't they 🤫 .

😁

Never ignore the margins mate, lots of my best fish have come just off the rod tips, nice slack lines,all pinned down, if no one is looking I may rake a couple of spots and have a go myself this weekend, there is usually a nice option for it somewhere and like you both have said they are getting massively overlooked I think 👍

1 hour ago, Highy said:

I've noticed on my last few visits that the Margins on the water I fish are really being neglected, I've caught my last 2 fish from the margins. Never without 1 rod in margin. 

Also if everyone is launching lines all over the shop keep all your lines tucked away then your swim may become a safe haven away from the crowds 👍

2 minutes ago, elmoputney said:

Also if everyone is launching lines all over the shop keep all your lines tucked away then your swim may become a safe haven away from the crowds 👍

That was my exact thoughts 👍

The margins on 1 of the lakes drops to 5ft under tip, that were i be, not this, next weekend. 

Just me n the pooch this time. 

Edited by Highy

2 hours ago, Highy said:

That was my exact thoughts 👍

The margins on 1 of the lakes drops to 5ft under tip, that were i be, not this, next weekend. 

Just me n the pooch this time. 

Might be worth pre-baiting the margins a bit if you can especially if they are being neglected and you will be left alone in that swim 

Just now, elmoputney said:

Might be worth pre-baiting the margins a bit if you can especially if they are being neglected and you will be left alone in that swim 

It can be busy during day, but never seen more than 5 on at night... Maybe a hit n miss spot... 

4 minutes ago, elmoputney said:

Screenshot_20200729_210133.thumb.jpg.0849f734c80fd197d558d6ccbb811d34.jpg

This is the lake above.... 

Below... Orange is a hole about 5 to 6 foot... Green is around 4ft...Pink from the reeds is about 12inch to 3ft...Black line is either a foundation wall or line of snags but there is something that runs across. 

Screenshot_20200729_210234.thumb.jpg.383eee6ba2196df47f2321fd7f1de620.jpg

1 minute ago, Highy said:

It can be busy during day, but never seen more than 5 on at night... Maybe a hit n miss spot... 

My best pre baiting campaign was in a little forgotten back bay with an overflow pipe, chucked in a couple of handfuls every other day on 2 spots one near the pipe, one down the side near a Bush about a rod length out after 2 weeks they were getting there before me 👍

Well worth the effort at times, I caught 5 fish to 26lb that day, 

You could make it a hit if no one sees you, 👍

2 minutes ago, elmoputney said:

My best pre baiting campaign was in a little forgotten back bay with an overflow pipe, chucked in a couple of handfuls every other day on 2 spots one near the pipe, one down the side near a Bush about a rod length out after 2 weeks they were getting there before me 👍

Well worth the effort at times, I caught 5 fish to 26lb that day, 

You could make it a hit if no one sees you, 👍

Screenshot_20200729_211005.thumb.jpg.e8cefa56672a3518fd2a65f554db8cfb.jpg

Hardly ever see anyone in this bay... 🤔🤔

Not quite the early start I had planned, was way too hot last night, slept so badly, just couldn't settle and I was knackered, had a couple of teas and fed the kids, got my kit out, just got to load it and get sorted, then wake the misses up and go aiming for a 9am arrival now, she will be happier with a small lie in though, 👍😁

I've got my Barrow and I'm ready to roam for a bit, probably until the handle finally snaps at least 😁

7 minutes ago, commonly said:

Happy hunting mate. 

My babysitters (daughters) stayed last night, the grandson was singing away until midnight and started again at 5🙄

Hopefully get set up by 4-5, might have a wander about with my stalking kit, can't beat crusty loaf off the top. 

50 minutes ago, elmoputney said:

Not quite the early start I had planned, was way too hot last night, slept so badly, just couldn't settle and I was knackered, had a couple of teas and fed the kids, got my kit out, just got to load it and get sorted, then wake the misses up and go aiming for a 9am arrival now, she will be happier with a small lie in though, 👍😁

I've got my Barrow and I'm ready to roam for a bit, probably until the handle finally snaps at least 😁

Good luck boys hope you get a pull on your line.😁👍🎣

Well the mobile approach didn't really end up happening, I spent a long while walking round and chatting, then found a few in the weed bed, it did need raking though may have spooked them but, there have been tench, bream rudd by the tonne rolling like they got the cream so I'm hopeful the big ones will return, so many rudd, I think they may be eating all the particles, but as they are new spots I am having to tolerate gatecrashers and riff raff for now 😂

Its going to be savage if I do get a take in this one, I'm sleeping in my shoes tonight, no time for footwear fluffs 

25 minutes ago, elmoputney said:

Well the mobile approach didn't really end up happening, I spent a long while walking round and chatting, then found a few in the weed bed, it did need raking though may have spooked them but, there have been tench, bream rudd by the tonne rolling like they got the cream so I'm hopeful the big ones will return, so many rudd, I think they may be eating all the particles, but as they are new spots I am having to tolerate gatecrashers and riff raff for now 😂

Its going to be savage if I do get a take in this one, I'm sleeping in my shoes tonight, no time for footwear fluffs 

Good luck Emo 🤞

Well  nothing happened annoyingly, once I had done all the raking I didn't see another carp 😭

It was another gamble and another lesson learnt, flip me its hard to find a decent spot on that big lake lol, 

I guess I found a couple of places those sneaky ones hide though so it isn't a total waste, need to do some hard graft now to get some spots rocking I think, and also some mobile margin fishing, just need some rudd proof bait cos they are a nightmare, they destroyed my pigeon food in minutes, will be great for the kids but a right pain for me 😂 6th blank on the trot now I think I got lucky my first 2 sessions on there 🙄

I'm building up to another one though and it's nice to be there, just got to keep adding bits to the puzzle, 

Hopefully getting out in the boat will give me some fresh ideas 🤔💡💡💡💡