Back to pastures old

elmoputney

8 hours ago, Highy said:

Hope I have as good a session as this next week 🙏 on my 48hr

I'm on 8 now another mid double common in the night left that rod in, no pic, got woken up by a screamer, that fish really didn't want to come in, then it probably ran 40 yards into the pads to my left, all the time staying deep, had a stalemate with it for a while and eventually it swam out and proceeded to not want me to land it, I actually thought it was a bigger one when it was on but I thought no way when I saw it, a lovely mid double MIRROR 😍

I always thought commons fight hardest but this one wow angry little so and so, 

I've airbombed the rest of the dirty munga out and put 3 fresh bags out to see if I can't hit double figures whilst packing up 🤣

Well I am now home had to stop and get some bread and milk, thought it best to also get Mrs Putney some flowers as fish no 10 made an appearance, just as I had started packing away, I had just turned my reciever off didn't realise one of my alarms was silent, luckily I heard the bang as it pulled out the clip and the bobbin hit the rod, fish 10 was the common to prove me wrong, battled all the way in and really tried to get himself free spent ages going through every pad stem and even round and round some rushes, clever one that one, it knew how to get free, must have beaten someone before as when I got it in and unhooked it I thought thats odd my rig isn't attached turns out he already had a hook plus mine, 2 hooks removed another mid double common but another pretty one pics to follow later on, 

All in all that was a mega session alright, don't think I will fish that lake again though, it was fun once but its exhausting, I don't feel I got enough time to relax 😁

But I tried a few different hookbaits a few different rigs and my conclusions are, you can catch them on any rig if they are preoccupied with feeding as long as it presents correctly not a concern, d rig kicker rigs tended to get the best hook hold though but 10 fish hooked, 10 landed so no major concern, I even used the same wafter and rig for 2 fish couldn't get the Hat trick on it though 😁

On 20/05/2020 at 14:10, elmoputney said:

Some if the highlights of my recent session 

71612577_IMG_4615-Copy(2).thumb.JPG.86989a0cbced3332eff5b6e328b772f4.JPG

the not an upper double :) 20lb 2oz 

2011119402_20lb2ozcoot.thumb.JPG.19a4c78f3db4a4a24fa7eeb78f0b1b36.JPG

this was no 10 looking at that paddle I am not surprised it went like a train 

2063542486_IMG_4672-Copy(3).thumb.JPG.f963a09d1fc52f0dfe49deed54279f65.JPG

Elmo , the 2nd photo , my Wife wants to know " does he look at his Wife like that ? " .

Oh , also my Wife thinks you look a little like Ross Kemp .

😁