Thought of the Day pt.2

greekskii

21 minutes ago, B B said:

Forget the vids….buy a travel rod   😉

Its for the Flights there and home....Holiday is already planned, we went this place last in 2018, Saturn Palace Resort in Turkey......Jet Ski, Tandem Paragliding, Boat Trips, maybe a Fishing day off the pier.

• 2 weeks later...

Really liking the MPV should of got one years back but was always put off due to them being a bit cumbersome... tell ya these sedonas are just right for angling or a weekend van been a joy to just wheel the barrow in set up and half loaded.

The room inside is immense and a totally flat layout from front to back once the seats are out

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I thought she'd either closed for good or I'd been banned again which would be surprising as I have proper stuck to the rules, think it's about time I got my edit button back, my last post went a bit choppy.

Even been bothering Mr Cundiff over on twitter never knew he worked in the courts for the other team too, just show you never know who you're fishing next to.

• 1 month later...

You will not belive the weekend I've had since Saturday 😓😓😓....Right,

Saturday Morning we drove to Catterick (about 9am) 2hr (ish) to see Sister & Brother in law/kids, as they have moved into a new house. We arrived just after 11am all happy to see each other, had a brew got little settled, had a look round new house and went for some dinner. Around 1pm I git a phone call off my Dad saying My grandad has been rushed into Hospital, after the call it all comes to light he has been picking up, carrying heavy loads and going to the Tip and not asking anyone to help, resulting in him getting a Hernia, BUT in a few hours time my Dad (Grandads son) is going in holiday so we are really in limbo now....

I phoned back an hour or so later and asked for an update, he has been told he needs an operation as the Hernia is in a life threatening position, wrapped round his bowl. So we decided to drive back away from Catterick about 3pm (did plan to come home around 6pm).

So, got back home sorted the Dog and Lad, went up to mi Mum n Dad's and had a chat to what is now happening ? At this point they say there still going in Holiday, My Head burst and what came out my mouth was a first for me towards my parents, think they were more shocked than surprised I'd said it.

So we went around to my Nans to see how she was, now at this point, **** did hit the Fan, My Nan is FULLY DEPENDANT on my grandad due to her having a stroke years ago, can not walk or toilet or anything....this Dropped/Daunted on us. So at this point we contacted my Dad before they went away, told em what needed to happen and Care needs to be brought in for my Nan (this fell on me n wife), but all I got back was were going on holiday.

So, we phoned the Hospital to get an update for my grandad and if he had the operation he would also need care for at least 6 weeks to recover, head nearly exploded then. 

So, I rang my sister to find out she already knows everything from mum n dad, so I asked her were is she and she had gone out on the 🍻🍻 with her boyfriend, so for a 2nd time my head/mouth verbally let rip.

So, alot of Phone calls to Social Services, Domestic Care, Local Council all were made and we have got Emergency Care in for my Nan from Sunday Dinner Time (Assessment pending 1st). Assessment Team came and they would only do all the needs if it was all in 1 room, so we brought a single bed down to living room, komode for toileting, Wasing utensils.

We then rang the hospital about my grandad and he was actually coming home (at this point we didn't know he discharged himself) because didn't want to leave my Nan on her own, spoke to Doctors and he physically cannot do anything to cause Strain on his boddy, he had to go back Monday (Yesterday) for his Operation.....on way home we told him what is happening and what is in place.

So, we stayed the night Saturday, Sunday day....doing all the care needs needed for my nan, at this point my Sister still had no idea what was going on fully until about Tea Time, were she then "Tried" to help.

Monday morning came and took my grandad back for 9am for his operation to be told after all his checks, it is not needed 😓😓, due to the rest he has put on his self. He has to go back in 2 weeks for another check up.

So....we are keeping care in for my nan for a few weeks, 4 times a day for Domiciliary purposes.

BUT, the point I'm making is that myself and wife have practically yackled on this on our own while my sister has been in the 🍻🍻 Saturday Sunday, and mi dad (nan son) has gone away on 10day holiday. 

Trying to do all this on a Bank Holiday weekend is literally physically & Mentally draining.

1 hour ago, Highy said:

Saturday Morning we drove to Catterick (about 9am) 2hr (ish) to see Sister & Brother in law/kids, as they have moved into a new house. We arrived just after 11am all happy to see each other, had a brew got little settled, had a look round new house and went for some dinner. Around 1pm I git a phone call off my Dad saying My grandad has been rushed into Hospital, after the call it all comes to light he has been picking up, carrying heavy loads and going to the Tip and not asking anyone to help, resulting in him getting a Hernia, BUT in a few hours time my Dad (Grandads son) is going in holiday so we are really in limbo now....

I phoned back an hour or so later and asked for an update, he has been told he needs an operation as the Hernia is in a life threatening position, wrapped round his bowl. So we decided to drive back away from Catterick about 3pm (did plan to come home around 6pm).

So, got back home sorted the Dog and Lad, went up to mi Mum n Dad's and had a chat to what is now happening ? At this point they say there still going in Holiday, My Head burst and what came out my mouth was a first for me towards my parents, think they were more shocked than surprised I'd said it.

So we went around to my Nans to see how she was, now at this point, **** did hit the Fan, My Nan is FULLY DEPENDANT on my grandad due to her having a stroke years ago, can not walk or toilet or anything....this Dropped/Daunted on us. So at this point we contacted my Dad before they went away, told em what needed to happen and Care needs to be brought in for my Nan (this fell on me n wife), but all I got back was were going on holiday.

So, we phoned the Hospital to get an update for my grandad and if he had the operation he would also need care for at least 6 weeks to recover, head nearly exploded then. 

So, I rang my sister to find out she already knows everything from mum n dad, so I asked her were is she and she had gone out on the 🍻🍻 with her boyfriend, so for a 2nd time my head/mouth verbally let rip.

So, alot of Phone calls to Social Services, Domestic Care, Local Council all were made and we have got Emergency Care in for my Nan from Sunday Dinner Time (Assessment pending 1st). Assessment Team came and they would only do all the needs if it was all in 1 room, so we brought a single bed down to living room, komode for toileting, Wasing utensils.

We then rang the hospital about my grandad and he was actually coming home (at this point we didn't know he discharged himself) because didn't want to leave my Nan on her own, spoke to Doctors and he physically cannot do anything to cause Strain on his boddy, he had to go back Monday (Yesterday) for his Operation.....on way home we told him what is happening and what is in place.

So, we stayed the night Saturday, Sunday day....doing all the care needs needed for my nan, at this point my Sister still had no idea what was going on fully until about Tea Time, were she then "Tried" to help.

Monday morning came and took my grandad back for 9am for his operation to be told after all his checks, it is not needed 😓😓, due to the rest he has put on his self. He has to go back in 2 weeks for another check up.

So....we are keeping care in for my nan for a few weeks, 4 times a day for Domiciliary purposes.

BUT, the point I'm making is that myself and wife have practically yackled on this on our own while my sister has been in the 🍻🍻 Saturday Sunday, and mi dad (nan son) has gone away on 10day holiday. 

Trying to do all this on a Bank Holiday weekend is literally physically & Mentally draining.

Mate well done for being the responsible one and organising everything, hope it becomes less stressful and more manageable soon but you've been a hero mate. 

Hard as it may be try not to be too hard on your family, if your sister is trying to help get her involved it will help you in the long run, we all make mistakes, let her make it up if she is trying. I would be fuming about the holiday too though. 

Hope he gets better soon and it all gets sorted. 

Keep venting on here if you need to mate, you got to let it out somewhere. 

Just now, elmoputney said:

Mate well done for being the responsible one and organising everything, hope it becomes less stressful and more manageable soon but you've been a hero mate. 

Hard as it may be try not to be too hard on your family, if your sister is trying to help get her involved it will help you in the long run, we all make mistakes, let her make it up if she is trying. I would be fuming about the holiday too though. 

It's the Wife that needs a Medal, she's took full control of the Carer situation. I'm here now at my nans and so far the carers have not been since 9pm.last night, wife on with this now, also while at work. Luckily I'm off work all this week.

My Sister chose to go out on the 🍻, thinking if everything was OK, when she knew it wasn't, she did try yesterday with the Washing, but we were behind her tidying up. She should know what to do as she works in a care home for her Job. 

7 minutes ago, Highy said:

It's the Wife that needs a Medal, she's took full control of the Carer situation. I'm here now at my nans and so far the carers have not been since 9pm.last night, wife on with this now, also while at work. Luckily I'm off work all this week.

My Sister chose to go out on the 🍻, thinking if everything was OK, when she knew it wasn't, she did try yesterday with the Washing, but we were behind her tidying up. She should know what to do as she works in a care home for her Job. 

Yeah I guess so, but it will be easier having her onside than not mate. Hopefully she will have learnt the lesson. Sounds like you have a great wife mate that's there when the going gets tough. 

2 hours ago, Highy said:

Wow Highly that’s stressful times mate for you and your good Mrs. Got to totally agree with Elmo he put it very well. Keep us posted on developments  👍 

Not sure which department you contacted at the council but I go through the Occupational Health team all councils have one really good too it was them that got us the property I'm in now, we had a council house that has a staircase that wouldn't take a starlift or other adaptions so they helped out made a big difference than doing it myself.

On 29/08/2023 at 08:15, Highy said:

On 29/08/2023 at 09:45, elmoputney said:

On 29/08/2023 at 10:33, B B said:

Wow Highly that’s stressful times mate for you and your good Mrs. Got to totally agree with Elmo he put it very well. Keep us posted on developments  👍 

On 01/09/2023 at 21:45, crusian said:

Well I know they are your Parents , and Sister , Highy , but what a bunch of - not allowed to swear on the forum .

🤬

Well, the Inveitable has now happened, Grandad rushed into Hospital with his Hernia, having/had operation as it is strangling his bowls now, Full Time Carers in for mi Nan, Grandad will need Rehabilitation for at least 6x weeks and maybe care after it. Parents still on Holiday while Myself, Wife n Sister try to pick all this up, with all having full time jobs, kids, other commitments after work (10month old banys,coaching football, meetings, Karate).

😓

1 hour ago, Highy said:

Well, the Inveitable has now happened, Grandad rushed into Hospital with his Hernia, having/had operation as it is strangling his bowls now, Full Time Carers in for mi Nan, Grandad will need Rehabilitation for at least 6x weeks and maybe care after it. Parents still on Holiday while Myself, Wife n Sister try to pick all this up, with all having full time jobs, kids, other commitments after work (10month old banys,coaching football, meetings, Karate).

😓

Oh no sorry to hear that mate, hopefully they will both start getting the care they need now, hope it gets easier soon for you 

Don't you just love a greedy git, the company I'm in a legal conflict with just dropped a ball in a big way, they could of walked away even stevens but no lol, I now have my own solicitor team taking the case all on legal aid with a view to claiming damages. I did advise them they had broke criminal law in their use of civil law, looks like I was right,

A bit gutted this morning, so my first set of big pit reels (shimano biomaster 8000 xta) that my dad bought me, gone through over 15 years of abuse are now obsolete and can't get the bail arms replaced, so now have no option to retire them soon. Been in contact with a few dealers who service reels and all have come back saying they can't be replaced 🫤

5 hours ago, jh92 said:

A bit gutted this morning, so my first set of big pit reels (shimano biomaster 8000 xta) that my dad bought me, gone through over 15 years of abuse are now obsolete and can't get the bail arms replaced, so now have no option to retire them soon. Been in contact with a few dealers who service reels and all have come back saying they can't be replaced 🫤

Just had a reply from shimano, nope not happening 😒

I think some daiwa emblems might be on the horizon 🤔🤣

Just waiting on a quote to get a steering rack valve replaced bit of a fiddly job so the roadside guy I use who is awesome can't do it without a lift.

Worth getting fixed only got 60 thousand miles on it I doubt I will get it in this week, and screw legal aid I hired my own barrister that specialises in the problem I'm having drawing me up a nice letter to send if you're going on the attack, may as well, get a real attack dog.

8 minutes ago, Carpbell3 said:

Just waiting on a quote to get a steering rack valve replaced bit of a fiddly job so the roadside guy I use who is awesome can't do it without a lift.

Worth getting fixed only got 60 thousand miles on it I doubt I will get it in this week, and screw legal aid I hired my own barrister that specialises in the problem I'm having drawing me up a nice letter to send if you're going on the attack, may as well, get a real attack dog.

I've only ever got a solicitor once in my old job about 10yr ago, apparently I'd taken twice as many holidays as I was allowed before I left, so he sent me a final bill, we tried to sort between out selves then I got a court letter.

BUT he was unaware I wasn't claiming any overtime during week /weekend, was a bout 4 hrs a week, so all comes to all after checking the trakker on the van and tallying with my mileage sheets, the solicitor also verified, he ended up owing me about 2minths wages + inconvenience as a pay out.

Edited by Highy

6 hours ago, Highy said:

I've only ever got a solicitor once in my old job about 10yr ago, apparently I'd taken twice as many holidays as I was allowed before I left, so he sent me a final bill, we tried to sort between out selves then I got a court letter.

BUT he was unaware I wasn't claiming any overtime during week /weekend, was a bout 4 hrs a week, so all comes to all after checking the trakker on the van and tallying with my mileage sheets, the solicitor also verified, he ended up owing me about 2minths wages + inconvenience as a pay out.

I owed a large debt fair enough I offered to pay it at a rate I could afford but they didn't want to know took me to a commercial court with evidence that is far from honest and won a liability order so I settled the debt under server duress just to get shot of them as I don't want morons coming to my door. Which wouldn't of happened as they didn't win anything more than a order to pay but sharks are sharks.

So far I can take it back to a high court for a legal ruling which is a slam dunk for a professional, I have to pay the initial costs which I just did the company was banking on me not getting legal help as I have delt with them myself up till now.

Praying to the carp gods my car can be fixed before my trip on Sunday, it went in for mot today and failed.

Repair immediately (major defects):

Offside Headlamp aim too far to the right (4.1.2 (a))

Nearside Headlamp aim projected beam image is obviously incorrect (4.1.2 (c))

Engine MIL inoperative or indicates a malfunction (8.2.1.2 (h))

Offside Front Suspension arm ball joint excessively worn (5.3.4 (a) (i))

Nearside Front Tyre has a cut in excess of the requirements deep enough to reach the ply or cords 205/55R16 91H (5.2.3 (d) (i))

It's something to do with the emissions, don't quite understand it but they are going to have a look at it tomorrow. Eml keeps turning on and it won't get passed until they sort it out. 

Really hope they can get it sorted by Saturday or I got 2 options... don't go fishing or spend £249 and rent a van for a week 🤦‍♂️