Thought of the Day pt.2

greekskii

4 hours ago, jh92 said:

Praying to the carp gods my car can be fixed before my trip on Sunday, it went in for mot today and failed.

Repair immediately (major defects):

Offside Headlamp aim too far to the right (4.1.2 (a))

Nearside Headlamp aim projected beam image is obviously incorrect (4.1.2 (c))

Engine MIL inoperative or indicates a malfunction (8.2.1.2 (h))

Offside Front Suspension arm ball joint excessively worn (5.3.4 (a) (i))

Nearside Front Tyre has a cut in excess of the requirements deep enough to reach the ply or cords 205/55R16 91H (5.2.3 (d) (i))

It's something to do with the emissions, don't quite understand it but they are going to have a look at it tomorrow. Eml keeps turning on and it won't get passed until they sort it out. 

Really hope they can get it sorted by Saturday or I got 2 options... don't go fishing or spend £249 and rent a van for a week 🤦‍♂️

Could get all that done in a afternoon, sounds like you went to a fussy MOT station, the headlights are a quick adjustment and should not of gone on the advisers without first letting you know as they could sort that in minutes.

The tyre is a call in to a tyre place, the ball joint is also a easy job for a garage, national tyres will do it fast at a last resort but their prices are the highest.

If the MOT still has month in it your good to go as is.

I got to get the steering rack out and reconditioned anther 500 minimum.

On 07/09/2023 at 00:46, Carpbell3 said:

Could get all that done in a afternoon, sounds like you went to a fussy MOT station, the headlights are a quick adjustment and should not of gone on the advisers without first letting you know as they could sort that in minutes.

The tyre is a call in to a tyre place, the ball joint is also a easy job for a garage, national tyres will do it fast at a last resort but their prices are the highest.

If the MOT still has month in it your good to go as is.

I got to get the steering rack out and reconditioned anther 500 minimum.

It's my dad's friend who does it, the problem was he couldn't turn the eml off and didn't want to repair the other stuff until he had it sorted because if it was an expensive fix I would of got rid of the car lol.

Anyway it's all good, it passed yesterday and will pick it up after work 👍

4 hours ago, jh92 said:

It's my dad's friend who does it, the problem was he couldn't turn the eml off and didn't want to repair the other stuff until he had it sorted because if it was an expensive fix I would of got rid of the car lol.

Wouldn't worry about those daft lights they just let you know the sensors need replacing anything serious and you won't need the light to come on, a lot of car sales places switch them off.

Looking at 400 notes to get the rack out and reconditioned, not a bad price that it's a proper job just getting them off and on well worth getting it done though they sedona's sell for twice what I paid for it with more miles and no service history, proper rugged day van the steering fault came up in the last MOT as a minor, the old boy that sold it was in his 90s owned from new, he lived proper rural so the steering fix costs would be real high, I got the best reconditioning shops on my doorstep and  loads of garages to do the work, I have let them pick the time slot, that is the best way labour costs wise.

On 08/09/2023 at 04:22, jh92 said:

Have a great time at your new Res. , jh92 .

😃

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 12/10/2023 at 15:29, Highy said:

How good does this look ? Reckon it would work ?

Wonder how many drills and drill bits he goes through to make them 🤔

I tried making one when I was younger but the drill I had was naff and gave up after 5 minutes 🤣🤣🤣

If you got a trago Mills near you I'm sure they stock stone weights in there 👍

2 hours ago, jh92 said:

Wonder how many drills and drill bits he goes through to make them 🤔

I tried making one when I was younger but the drill I had was naff and gave up after 5 minutes 🤣🤣🤣

If you got a trago Mills near you I'm sure they stock stone weights in there 👍

These days the Drills n Bits r pretty decent, even the cheaper ones, I bet the Diamond Tip Tule Srill Bits would donthe trick 🤔

27 minutes ago, elmoputney said:

My thought of the day, why did I forget my hookbait bucket, I've had to use bottom baits with plastic an old dry wafter and a corked double tiger nut, worst thing to forget ever, 

I am also using leftover particles from the social it has white stuff on it and smells like moonshine. 

Going well so far. 

I would turn your thought on its head…and be thinking all I need is Carp with a mild drinking habit and a fetish for plastic.  🤔 

Best of luck 🤞

• 4 weeks later...

Several years ago I took the dog for a walk over the local common and saw a car at the bottom of a steep grassy slope with the back wheels in a ditch. When I walked past again about half an hour later there was a large recovery vehicle with a pulley hoisting it back up the slope with a woman stood by the side. As I walked past the woman, I said "What happened, did somebody pinch it?"  "No" she replied sheepishly, "I was doing a 3 point turn......" I just about kept a straight face!

56 minutes ago, Golden Paws said:

Several years ago I took the dog for a walk over the local common and saw a car at the bottom of a steep grassy slope with the back wheels in a ditch. When I walked past again about half an hour later there was a large recovery vehicle with a pulley hoisting it back up the slope with a woman stood by the side. As I walked past the woman, I said "What happened, did somebody pinch it?"  "No" she replied sheepishly, "I was doing a 3 point turn......" I just about kept a straight face!

Women Drivers 🙄.....🤣🤣

• 2 weeks later...

Certainly have been a busy little bee

Just landed a CCJ against an absolute giant in the commercial industry cheeky gits they really don't like it, oh well that's me happy, still no guarantee return of my money they have the time period to put their defence in unfortunately for them they don't have a defence, those barrister fees were well worth it, even advised me on how to take it to court myself save on solicitor fees.

Personally I would sack the original law firm they used, they really do think no one will challenge their actions back at court.

Also one the look out for a cheap but decent caravan for next year, she finally talked me into getting one.

Mate who had his 2 heart attacks has been given the all clear to drive his own car now, but he's been asked not to over do himself, so he's sold all his Carp gear and bought all Preston Match gear, says its less strain on him. So we've been talking about all the old Coarse/Match days we used fish and its brought back some good memory's of some old course places we used to fish.

Gonna put this out there.......I've really been looking at FULL Match Setups and even people wanting to swap there Match Setuos for Carp Setups.

25 minutes ago, Highy said:

Mate who had his 2 heart attacks has been given the all clear to drive his own car now, but he's been asked not to over do himself, so he's sold all his Carp gear and bought all Preston Match gear, says its less strain on him. So we've been talking about all the old Coarse/Match days we used fish and its brought back some good memory's of some old course places we used to fish.

Gonna put this out there.......I've really been looking at FULL Match Setups and even people wanting to swap there Match Setuos for Carp Setups.

I've quite enjoyed the Rudd bashing this year but not at the cost of selling my carp stuff that's still no1. 

Surely you can just build up some bits as you go? 

Just now, elmoputney said:

I've quite enjoyed the Rudd bashing this year but not at the cost of selling my carp stuff that's still no1. 

Surely you can just build up some bits as you go? 

Got a few bits, but I'm 1 of them, either all or nothing....its something I'm really thinking about at moment 

1 hour ago, Highy said:

Got a few bits, but I'm 1 of them, either all or nothing....its something I'm really thinking about at moment 

i am a self confessed maggot drowner and still love chasing silvers, only started targetting carp  in the last few years and spent quite a bit of time building up the gear. still have my float rods and set ups and occasionally will hit a day ticket with one rod set for carp and the other for silvers or tench/bream on a feeder or float.

that way i can still enjoy both but have different rod/tackle bags for each just to make it easier when i go out, if only going for carp i have my 2 rod holdall but if i fancy a go on specimen as well then i take one rod out and stick it in my coarse set up. i see no need to get rid of gear i have spent time and money aquiring as will often go for both to break the monotony and have a break from blanking on a session as you can always guarentee silvers or tench with a coarse set up :)

go for both and have fun as that is the way i approach my fishing and it keeps my skills and interest up in both disciplines as not a predator angler but might fancy that next time i want a change of scene

7 hours ago, barry211 said:

i am a self confessed maggot drowner and still love chasing silvers, only started targetting carp  in the last few years and spent quite a bit of time building up the gear. still have my float rods and set ups and occasionally will hit a day ticket with one rod set for carp and the other for silvers or tench/bream on a feeder or float.

that way i can still enjoy both but have different rod/tackle bags for each just to make it easier when i go out, if only going for carp i have my 2 rod holdall but if i fancy a go on specimen as well then i take one rod out and stick it in my coarse set up. i see no need to get rid of gear i have spent time and money aquiring as will often go for both to break the monotony and have a break from blanking on a session as you can always guarentee silvers or tench with a coarse set up :)

go for both and have fun as that is the way i approach my fishing and it keeps my skills and interest up in both disciplines as not a predator angler but might fancy that next time i want a change of scene

Also thinking this, do have a little coarse setup in a seperate bag.