Jump to content


  • Posts

  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won


Everything posted by dalej2014

  1. My only catch this weekend was a little tench (which saved a blank! 😂) It would have been lovely to catch a big carp, but it wasn't to be. Still, a great venue, lovely lake with loads of carpy corners, with good food and company. I look forward to the next time guys 🎣😁
  2. I'd go one man to be safe. Are we doing a draw for pegs or just work it out when we get there? With 9 acres, and only five of us, we'll be spoilt for choice!
  3. I've got four of these, and love them. They're absolutely bulletproof given a bit of servicing every once in a while. Think I paid around £65 each for them.
  4. I'm thinking similar (but will have zigs too, just in case!).
  5. Not much. Mixed reports. Some saying it fishes hard. There's a few old vids on YouTube with some captures going 30+. It's 9 acres, average of 12' deep, down to 18' in places. Island in the middle. (That from website). No idea of stock.
  6. New innertube for the barrow. Not exciting, but so much better with a decent wheel.
  7. Google Earth could be a good shout too. Surprising amount of detail to be had from a careful study there.
  8. I would pre-bait as much as possible and allowed, especially in the quieter "carpy" corners, and fish the margins at night. I should add I have no experience here. Your best bet is to page @salokcinnodrog
  9. Thanks mate. I did message, but unfortunately he can't make this one. Appreciate you putting me in touch while the forum was down though.
  10. Could try a parachute rig, or critically balanced rig with foam on the hook. Use a light running lead so it doesn't sink in the silt. Alternatively bloodworm boilies and bait, if that's what they're looking for? Good luck!
  11. If we can't fill the last space I've a mate who may be interested. He fishes Fenland quite often, which is the next fishery along Meadow Drove (the one before Ashmire).
  12. So guys, who's up for this now? Venue is confirmed. Just gotta pay and we're on our way! Roll call! Sound off... 🎣😁
  13. I've just tried to contact Ashmire via their contact form on the website. Hopefully this gets a reply. I've left my email and phone number. My hope is a second person contacting regarding the social will prod a response. Fingers crossed. Otherwise are we looking at a plan B? Have to say, if that's the case I'd prefer the M25 venue, (where is that exactly @InteraX?) as it's nearer to me, but can do Horseshoe, although it's nearly four hours drive away. I've looked at videos of the (Horseshoe) lake and it's a monster at 62 acres, and quite weedy apparently? Personally I'd like somewhere with a better chance of a fish; then again that could just be because I'm not used to fishing in big weedy lakes!? Sill, Ashmire may come through yet, but it'd be good to have somewhere booked, paid and confirmed as we're so close now.
  14. I think the issue is, if he doesn't respond at all, where does that leave us? Need to get something confirmed as only, what, 9 weeks out now? I've booked a day off work so I can drive to the social, wherever it is, so be reassuring to have venue confirmed soon. I realise you're trying your best @elmoputney, so not picking fault or blame. I thought anyone running a lake as a business would be keen to confirm bookings and get paid deposits and stuff. Seems a funny way to run a business, being so casual? Have you tried phoning the venue at all, or just email? I've found at work the phones a lot better for anything urgent. How long do we wait for him to confirm, or organise another venue? Give it a week? Two? There were less than 8 of us, so the place near M25 ? What's everyone's thoughts guys?
  15. It's sounding more and more like a good idea to have a plan b. Only issue I can see is where can you book at such short notice? Plus cancelling original venue (although that hasn't been officially confirmed yet, not for lack of trying) and re-arranging, communicating to all interested, many of whom may not have seen the forum is back up etc. Not easy...
  16. Any news on this guy's? Were exactly 12 weeks out which will disappear in no time. I've already booked the Friday (22nd) off work so I can attend. Tbh it's getting a bit frustrating (and concerning) to keep chasing this. A few posts back it was all supposed to be booked and confirmed by now I thought? Rob @ fishery wanted everything paid up and booked in June?
  17. I use the Soffell spray (not lotion) that's made in Thailand. Not always easy to come by here, but works well and smells nice!
  18. Hi Elmo, almost another week gone by and no news? Do you have a mobile number for him? I'm happy to ring tomorrow and confirm what's going on. Unless he has emialed yu back already? It's drawing fairly near now and I thought we were supposed to have paid deposits and so on by end of July? LMK bud. CHeers.
  • Create New...