Rod Shots

• 2 weeks later...

That's the Solar buzzer bars with the goalpost adaptors, so I can use either pod or sticks.

With the ground being so soft sticks work.

Had to keep the tips up, still a lot of weed about.

FB_IMG_1700948186803.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Managed to get out yesterday with my mate in the afternoon for a couple hours in between the rain, and the sun actually came out. I gave my mate his Xmas presents, a bit late but he was knocking on death’s door after Xmas so handed over 4 tubs of various pop ups and wafters I had given to me 😉 and sat down with him to play guess the smell which is always funny 🤭 as he lost his sense of smell after catching Covid two years ago. Looks like he’s due for a pacemaker around May which as I said could come in handy for charging is phone in emergencies.  We fished a small water where we could park up close to the swim I had 2 small carp on the light gear and he managed the one he was over the moon with it biggest smile Iv seen on his face since I had the galloping trots after a iffy curry. 
The water looked dead so after a lifeless 2 hours in the 1st pic of the swim we moved to a corner and had 3 in as many casts. 

IMG_7287.jpeg

IMG_7288.jpeg

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
17 hours ago, Whitstable Jack said:

Hi Kev, What brolly system is that you're using mate?

AVID Ascent Brolley System, MK1 - very good quality (Rip-stop fabric, heavy duty), full front system - can have letter box style or normal.

The latest version looks sick to me - different fabric, has more headroom coz of the shortened internal spokes and a full inner lining to cure any condensation you might have got, I'd get one tomorrow if mine went missing.

Pricey but well worth it, had the Mk1 over 10 years and no damage whatsoever 👍

23 hours ago, kevtaylor said:

AVID Ascent Brolley System, MK1 - very good quality (Rip-stop fabric, heavy duty), full front system - can have letter box style or normal.

The latest version looks sick to me - different fabric, has more headroom coz of the shortened internal spokes and a full inner lining to cure any condensation you might have got, I'd get one tomorrow if mine went missing.

Pricey but well worth it, had the Mk1 over 10 years and no damage whatsoever 👍

Thank you Kev. It is a lovely piece of kit, I've just checked it online. My Sonik AXS is already showing signs of not lasting (last piece of sonik kit I will ever buy), so I will be getting the MK 2 for sure when the sonik packs in.

IMG_20240426_201804.thumb.jpg.8c1c2211c01134fb9108dddf79d9daf8.jpg

a  mad rush after work /school for me and the daughter, made it for a night out on the bank last night, just about set up before dark.Forgot loo roll, cutlery and her little rod, Lovely looking swim, blanked like a good un till 10am then moved here for a bit

IMG_20240427_153517.thumb.jpg.a1e46aa18b536a876c245aad8a0281ab.jpg

blanked till lunch time,put rods out back in the other swim, had hot dogs, packed away everything then back to this swim where we tried hard, cast to showing fish and did everything we could,we blanked all the way home too.n

Nothing to show for it but a nice time was had,