August Catch Reports

salokcinnodrog

Out live on the bank for an overnighter, last sesh with the boy before he goes back to school, he’s set up in “catfish corner” I’m fishing to open water. IMG_8146.thumb.jpeg.5884cacf5a6cbb0cf0d1e290320cad69.jpegthis little moggy swiped my boilie meant for a 40lb common that lives here… 

hopefully my boy gets one 

My son just had a screamer, 19lb common IMG_8151.thumb.jpeg.d2f54a3e5df299aea6065f86e5792b9e.jpegon returning to my rods, it would appear that I’ve had a take and the line had dropped behind the roller on the buzzer so I didn’t hear a thing! The line came back shredded with an empty hook! 

can’t win them all I suppose 

7 hours ago, commonly said:

That is an unusual looking ghostie???

The Linear scale pattern looks awesome. I'm normally a common man, but that fish is a head turner. Absolutely Gorgeous, well done mate 

Yeah mate I was thinking about sacking it until the morning but thought it would be too long.

Cracking fish though, wish I had some day time shots of it. 

It was a shambles from the get go, batteries died in the head torch so was playing it while holding a small lantern light with my teeth 🤣 amazing fight 👌

Hopefully catch it again some time on a day session 👍

Just back from 3 nights on Kingy Sunday till Weds, was tough going as always, tried the margins, out in the middle, bottom presentations, adjustable zigs but not a touch, then a sighting on Tues afternoon meant another change and some jungle warfare.

I got done on the last night but reset the rod early morning and when the sun came out late morning I managed a 2nd take having to jump down from the tree and  run in fully clothed and wade out to fight my prize. 

First time I've jumped from a tree to a take, and being right at last knockings made it a mega buzz.

28.10 of old knarly mirror, perfect!

Screenshot_20230823-201642_Gallery.thumb.jpg.fa9d3ed9897b8b24c8b069b91f6732a7.jpg

Screenshot_20230823-153635_Gallery.thumb.jpg.88dd5574d13b720294f95ad7c3bd8430.jpg

11 hours ago, kevtaylor said:

Just back from 3 nights on Kingy Sunday till Weds, was tough going as always, tried the margins, out in the middle, bottom presentations, adjustable zigs but not a touch, then a sighting on Tues afternoon meant another change and some jungle warfare.

I got done on the last night but reset the rod early morning and when the sun came out late morning I managed a 2nd take having to jump down from the tree and  run in fully clothed and wade out to fight my prize. 

First time I've jumped from a tree to a take, and being right at last knockings made it a mega buzz.

28.10 of old knarly mirror, perfect!

Screenshot_20230823-201642_Gallery.thumb.jpg.fa9d3ed9897b8b24c8b069b91f6732a7.jpg

Screenshot_20230823-153635_Gallery.thumb.jpg.88dd5574d13b720294f95ad7c3bd8430.jpg

Love it mate 👍looks hard going fishing in the water there but what a reward for doing so 👍

IMG_20230826_152602.thumb.jpg.67fd468b6ec7e7d889b6a8cfe70a45d4.jpg

19lb7oz of rudd and a few nice roach in 5 hours that was my daughter fishing, I just unhooked and did the bait, there were some clonking roach and rudd caught today, she came 3rd overall and won the £10 for being the kid that caught the most, 

I lost something that felt quite big and heavy in the night, got it all the way back and it done me in some pads after weeding me up a good few times. I want to pretend it was a catfish so it doesn't hurt as much. 

We had a nice time though, bit rushed last night as we didn't get there til gone 6pm as my other daughter fractured her wrist, rods went out nice, went right downhill after for me lol but we had a really nice time and packed up this evening after having a bbq, all my kit is wet and dirty though, going to have to sort that mess out tomorrow 😭😳

12 hours ago, elmoputney said:

19lb7oz of rudd and a few nice roach in 5 hours that was my daughter fishing, I just unhooked and did the bait, there were some clonking roach and rudd caught today, she came 3rd overall and won the £10 for being the kid that caught the most, 

I lost something that felt quite big and heavy in the night, got it all the way back and it done me in some pads after weeding me up a good few times. I want to pretend it was a catfish so it doesn't hurt as much. 

We had a nice time though, bit rushed last night as we didn't get there til gone 6pm as my other daughter fractured her wrist, rods went out nice, went right downhill after for me lol but we had a really nice time and packed up this evening after having a bbq, all my kit is wet and dirty though, going to have to sort that mess out tomorrow 😭😳

Sounds like a eventful trip congrats on the 3rd place 👍

The syndicate I fish let’s a local club fish a couple of matches each year and all the slivers go in the local river, they keep a record of the weight of fish taken out il try and find out what the weight is….  we got cormorants and Grebes on the water which help but in over 30 acres of water I thinks it’s a like a drop in the ocean  

With the intention to fish 2 nights this weekend from Saturday - firstly a look around Bluebell lakes, but too busy in the area I wanted then onto my 3 syndi lakes but again the areas were taken and whats left uninspiring, rather than make do I decided to go home and try Bluebell again the next day.

That worked and I got in the swim I wanted for 24 hours.  Late afternoon I spotted fish coming in and out of the bay and after an hour or so I was away, going in fully clothed as there's just not time to faff about with waders in this situation.  Landed a nice common at 28.14 and managed to get self takes without anyone noticing, as those nearby had gone to collect their takeaways - result.

9pm the same rods off again, this time a 24 mirror.  I reeled that rod in at midnight as I was down to my last set of clothes and put it back out at 6.30.

Sadly the morning was chilly and as a result they didnt come back in time for another bite before I left,  but I was treated to the sight of serious feeding going on out in the middle between 8-11am.  Hindsight I should have left the rod out all night, but cannot complain another good trip.

Screenshot_20230827-182006_Gallery.thumb.jpg.58f33445229c3e592798d24779505248.jpg

Screenshot_20230827-214609_Gallery.thumb.jpg.f0d38ceeafcf2fbc8d47c0070c099907.jpg

On 26/08/2023 at 18:02, elmoputney said:

Congrats to your daughter! Sounds like a nice trip out. I remember fishing with my daughters when they were young and consider those memories as some of the best of my life!