What's your plans for the new year?

elmoputney

4 minutes ago, carpepecheur said:

It is not that dangerous. The hunters are required by law to wear orange caps and jackets (to prevent them shooting each other). Also they are required to put up signs on the nearest public roads. I have been put in much more serious danger by cyclists.

hunt.jpg.2f5223417d88cf4d915b2c49b1ce3013.jpg

Mid November 2018 I was Lake, Dog, Cat and house sitting at Rushes Lake, Vire en Champagne, Sarthe. There are boar and deer in the immediately adjacent woods. Before the owner departed he asked me to be sure that the dog was indoors at all times on the Sunday. When I asked why the reply was "Because the locals hunt the in the woods most Sundays and they shoot at everything that moves and this includes each other ".

I was sorely disappointed when they didn't show up. 

Ian.

56 minutes ago, elmoputney said:

My significant others brother has come to visit, car is loaded and I'm fishing after lunch why does this seem the longest roast Dinner Ive ever cooked 😢 

Sunday roast then fishing not a bad old day though 😁 

That sounds like the perfect Sunday to me elmo what an end to the weekend. 🙂👍

1 hour ago, elmoputney said:

My significant others brother has come to visit, car is loaded and I'm fishing after lunch why does this seem the longest roast Dinner Ive ever cooked 😢 

Sunday roast then fishing not a bad old day though 😁 

What's wrong with McDonalds ? , then you could have got away earlier .

I hope you are lakeside now , Elmo , surely you didn't get stuck with the washing up as well as the cooking ? .

😁 

35 minutes ago, framey said:

It’s going to be beer o clock by the time you get going

I havent had a beer since January 1st 😢

I made it out the bunker is up and it's lovely nowhere near as small as I thought its pukka nice and comfortable for the cold season, I've even popped on the wrap full luxury tonight and feeling confident , the rods are both in action and it looks like I may have the place to myself soon and I didn't bring the snide 3rd rod 😭 

3 hours ago, crusian said:

What's wrong with McDonalds ? , then you could have got away earlier .

I hope you are lakeside now , Elmo , surely you didn't get stuck with the washing up as well as the cooking ? .

😁

Sometimes you have to do these things for a peaceful life 😀 no washing up though 

29 minutes ago, finchey said:

I'm sorting all my gear out tonight, tying few new rigs multi and chod for my first trip to my new club lake tomorrow day session only. I'm going to be like a kid tonight I won't be able to sleep well excited. 😁👍

What water that Finch ??

• 3 weeks later...
On 19/01/2020 at 11:59, elmoputney said:

Sounds like a really good and positive idea, good luck with the project keep us informed would enjoy seeing how it's developing 👍

After our initial work getting rid of existing  fence lines & hedges that needed to go . It's just been to wet to get the big machines on the ground to do any major work.  What did become clear when we were there is that we needed another section of land heading up the hill on the  right hand boundry.  There is a natural hump about 25 metres further up the hill which if incorporated would be the bank level on that side..... this would mean a lot less digging for 3/4 ers of the lake & really where the lake needs to naturally sit . Luckily the deals been done in principle , my colleague & mate just needs to do the deal on the price ! . Really good news though 😎

14 hours ago, Big Bass said:

To go all out and do all I can to help my good mate get a 30 without him knowing I’m doing it. 

Sort out a camera for self take photographs. 

Get an intervalometer for your self takes, I just use a Canon 650d which is quite old now with a cheap intervalometer and a video light for night shots, this is the last one I caught and only I've used an intervalometer for 😁

IMG_20191026_164946_462.jpg

Edited by elmoputney

37 minutes ago, Big Bass said:

Elmo ta for the advice.  iv got my hands on a Nikon D3300 vr 11 kit for free ( done a favour for a mate he gave me it to me)

would that be ok ?

I'm no camera buff tbh and never had a Nikon but it should be perfect for self takes and general photos I would think, is it an 18-55 lens? That's what it seemed to come with when I googled it, that's what I have on mine, just have a play I am sure you will find you are taking decent enough shots, I got a remote for mine to begin with but holding a fish and using a remote isn't easy, just get a cheap and camera compatible intervalometer usually on amazon for about £12, I also have an amazon basics tripod, which is good for the money, and a video light (mine is a 96 led one) also off amazon and that should be enough to get you going, just try taking lots of photos to start with you only need one good one and you can always delete them with a digital 👍

15 minutes ago, elmoputney said:

I'm no camera buff tbh and never had a Nikon but it should be perfect for self takes and general photos I would think, is it an 18-55 lens? That's what it seemed to come with when I googled it, that's what I have on mine, just have a play I am sure you will find you are taking decent enough shots, I got a remote for mine to begin with but holding a fish and using a remote isn't easy, just get a cheap and camera compatible intervalometer usually on amazon for about £12, I also have an amazon basics tripod, which is good for the money, and a video light (mine is a 96 led one) also off amazon and that should be enough to get you going, just try taking lots of photos to start with you only need one good one and you can always delete them with a digital 👍

Yes it’s a 18-55 lens iv earmarked the amazon basics tripod and il take your advice on the intervalommeter over the remote and will get a led light. Thanks again. 👍

41 minutes ago, elmoputney said:

Totally agree regarding the remote, though I do persevere with mine. I'm 100% confident in handling fish but add a remote to the equation and I become a complete numpty. I must admit I've got it pretty sussed now though.