What's your plans for the new year?

elmoputney

Hopefully start a project with a mate that will see fishing local to me again , after everything local to me was wiped out by otters . Probably end up as a little syndi. Got to be dug first though! 

Good luck all for the season ahead & look forward to seeing the catches start rolling in 😎

1 hour ago, chillfactor said:

Hopefully start a project with a mate that will see fishing local to me again , after everything local to me was wiped out by otters . Probably end up as a little syndi. Got to be dug first though! 

Good luck all for the season ahead & look forward to seeing the catches start rolling in 😎

So I guess you will otter fence your project , and take detailed 'photos of the lakebed before it fills up with water ? .

Sounds very exciting .

😁

3 hours ago, chillfactor said:

Sounds like a really good and positive idea, good luck with the project keep us informed would enjoy seeing how it's developing 👍

On 20/12/2019 at 16:13, finchey said:

I will be getting a ticket for my local club  the same club as highy and maybe the night ticket, I keep saying I'm going to start doing some over nighters but never got around to it this year but I think the club water I'm fishing at the moment is perfect for me to do some over nighters and at £70 for the year I think it's a bargain. I'm also going to try and fish some of the other waters on the ticket, not carp but it will be nice too fish for some other species as well. 🎣🙂👍

Well my plans have changed, I'm joining a different club this year one I was in many years ago, but I mainly fished for pike then. This club has some nice waters, not massive carp but up to mid twenties and some good mixed fisheries as well. I just fancied somewhere different, new challenges and all that, it will be nice to fish where different. 

3 hours ago, finchey said:

Well my plans have changed, I'm joining a different club this year one I was in many years ago, but I mainly fished for pike then. This club has some nice waters, not massive carp but up to mid twenties and some good mixed fisheries as well. I just fancied somewhere different, new challenges and all that, it will be nice to fish where different. 

Which one that pal...

On 19/01/2020 at 09:27, crusian said:

So I guess you will otter fence your project , and take detailed 'photos of the lakebed before it fills up with water ? .

Sounds very exciting .

😁

Will be a pretty uniformed bottom,  But There will be the odd thing to to take note of I'm sure , 😉 the spot within the spot 😁

On 19/01/2020 at 11:59, elmoputney said:

Sounds like a really good and positive idea, good luck with the project keep us informed would enjoy seeing how it's developing 👍

Cheers guys .... started clearing the ground the last couple of days . 20200122_153855.thumb.jpg.50d18c05d3aae0e3fbb39541862647e9.jpg

2 hours ago, chillfactor said:

Will be a pretty uniformed bottom,  But There will be the odd thing to to take note of I'm sure , 😉 the spot within the spot 😁

Cheers guys .... started clearing the ground the last couple of days . 20200122_153855.thumb.jpg.50d18c05d3aae0e3fbb39541862647e9.jpg

A water near me has a scaffolding pole driven in where there is a gravel bar , but I'm sure you'll be a lot more discrete ! ; maybe trees as markers , and just hope they don't blow down .

😁

29 minutes ago, crusian said:

A water near me has a scaffolding pole driven in where there is a gravel bar , but I'm sure you'll be a lot more discrete ! ; maybe trees as markers , and just hope they don't blow down .

😁

One of my club lakes has a pole to show you where the shopping trolleys are 😂

I've got a 72 hour sesh booked (with the missus) late April at Linear. 

Looked on their website, Oxlease closed due to flooding, some of the lads are absolutely smashing st johns🤯. I wish I could get there now!! I've not been there for the last 2 years, so really looking forward to it🤞

My mates, making noises about a new prototype Bait from A2, to take with us. I've been using their Bait the last few times out and seems to work better than the last few brands I have used. 

On 22/01/2020 at 21:33, crusian said:

😁

I'll get the sticks out if there's anything really interesting... or leave a marker out before we fill it up . Will be pretty uniformed tbh though.  Makes netting a lot easier in the future. 

56 minutes ago, chillfactor said:

I'll get the sticks out if there's anything really interesting... or leave a marker out before we fill it up . Will be pretty uniformed tbh though.  Makes netting a lot easier in the future. 

Long term planning then, Phil. Makes sense.

When are we going fishing together? It's been too long, mate.

Ian.

I've just decided I may have some opportunities to do some more stalking this year, it's about time the old 6ft greys stalker rod came out to play again, i need a nice small reel for it I think, but could be nice to walk round for a couple of hours before work seeking some close up and personal action, more of that peeking through bushes action will be splendid I think 

15 hours ago, elmoputney said:

I've just decided I may have some opportunities to do some more stalking this year, it's about time the old 6ft greys stalker rod came out to play again, i need a nice small reel for it I think, but could be nice to walk round for a couple of hours before work seeking some close up and personal action, more of that peeking through bushes action will be splendid I think 

If you do go back on Earith, Reeds, Georges and Pat's pool were good for floater fishing. About halfway up Georges there was a kind of 'pinch point' where the carp would show in a gap and loved a dog biscuit.

In Reeds I would often have 2 rods into Virginia from the causeway, and be flicking floaters into Reeds ready with a third rod if they started taking. Before anyone says that is irresponsible, you are no more than 10feet from your rods in Virginia even if you are also fishing in Reeds.

Pats had a couple of massive commons in there that I would put closer to 30 than 20.

Obviously I don't know if Ian had to move stock around, but those commons did love a lobworm freelined onto their noses...

21 minutes ago, salokcinnodrog said:

If you do go back on Earith, Reeds, Georges and Pat's pool were good for floater fishing. About halfway up Georges there was a kind of 'pinch point' where the carp would show in a gap and loved a dog biscuit.

In Reeds I would often have 2 rods into Virginia from the causeway, and be flicking floaters into Reeds ready with a third rod if they started taking. Before anyone says that is irresponsible, you are no more than 10feet from your rods in Virginia even if you are also fishing in Reeds.

That's irresponsible you were only using 75%of your full rod allowance for the water, you could've had a 4th out 😁😁😁😁

Pats had a couple of massive commons in there that I would put closer to 30 than 20.

Obviously I don't know if Ian had to move stock around, but those commons did love a lobworm freelined onto their noses...

Thanks nick 

I will have a word and a scout about up there and see what I can find, I did hear some fish have been moved around a bit, but will find out more if I have a chat with Ian again, I've still got a few options tbh I am on another couple of waiting lists also will see if anything else turns up in the next month or so there is one other place I would like to this year if it comes up 

7 minutes ago, dayvid said:

Fished the comp , guessing near 75 fishing , only 8 weighed in a single Flounder each .

Yessss I managed a Flounder , but …………..alas it was 2cm undersize 😭😭

Unlucky dayvid but I bet it was nice doing something different for a change. 🙂👍

Edited by finchey

On 24/12/2019 at 21:48, crusian said:

Well I'm jealous , Carpepecheur , that's  very exciting , even though it sounds more Indiana Jones than fishing ! .

😁

Turns out you were nearer the mark than you think Crusian. The lake is in thick woods on the side of a long valley. In the bottom of the valley is a narrow strip of pasture land. The other side of that is a track and open unfenced woodland. The French hunters spread out in a line along the track while their dogs flush out game from the woods behind onto the open pasture land where they can be shot. I am not talking shotguns for pheasants etc. They are using proper rifles for wild boar and deer. I can't call out and let them know I am directly behind their target because I am not supposed to be there.

chasse.jpg.403c5374127d312bd70d9090a757a7bf.jpg

7 hours ago, carpepecheur said:

Turns out you were nearer the mark than you think Crusian. The lake is in thick woods on the side of a long valley. In the bottom of the valley is a narrow strip of pasture land. The other side of that is a track and open unfenced woodland. The French hunters spread out in a line along the track while their dogs flush out game from the woods behind onto the open pasture land where they can be shot. I am not talking shotguns for pheasants etc. They are using proper rifles for wild boar and deer. I can't call out and let them know I am directly behind their target because I am not supposed to be there.

chasse.jpg.403c5374127d312bd70d9090a757a7bf.jpg

Strewth Carpepecheur , for goodness sake be careful ! 😱.

I think this is one occasion you don't want to be dressed head to toe in Realtree ! .

😃