What's your plans for the new year?

elmoputney

I'm now a tier 4 from boxing day so my plans are pretty much just stay at home and watch box sets and kids films, 

Carp master tbh I wish more lakes would close, I know people are traveling out of other tier 4 areas to fish on my lake , I mean I cant spend Christmas day with my brother who has been shielding so he can come to visit my mum, but people are going fishing from all over the place because that is exercise, bit of a joke and I would rather Boris just did a proper lockdown so we can all just get on again when it slows down 

49 minutes ago, elmoputney said:

I'm now a tier 4 from boxing day so my plans are pretty much just stay at home and watch box sets and kids films, 

Carp master tbh I wish more lakes would close, I know people are traveling out of other tier 4 areas to fish on my lake , I mean I cant spend Christmas day with my brother who has been shielding so he can come to visit my mum, but people are going fishing from all over the place because that is exercise, bit of a joke and I would rather Boris just did a proper lockdown so we can all just get on again when it slows down 

I can’t speak for others but I need to fish for my mental health it’s the only time my brain is at ease 

1 hour ago, elmoputney said:

You not go a local open lake?? 

2 minutes ago, Carpmaster said:

I get that an yes but the depression has allready started an even tho I’m in a relationship I’m still alone some of you won’t get that but it’s true have a good Xmas all

I totally understand i also suffer with depression, and I totally agree that people should be allowed to fish safely and locally, but when the lakes are open, this unfortunately gives people a reason to travel out of tier 4 areas to other areas and break rules, which isn't helping anyone 

9 hours ago, elmoputney said:

I totally understand i also suffer with depression, and I totally agree that people should be allowed to fish safely and locally, but when the lakes are open, this unfortunately gives people a reason to travel out of tier 4 areas to other areas and break rules, which isn't helping anyone 

I know 

• 2 weeks later...
29 minutes ago, ouchthathurt said:

Very true mate, my mother in law has covid, she’s a nurse. My wife works in a care home that has covid cases and I work on an ambulance, dealing with covid cases. It’s difficult times for sure. Stay safe one and all. 

And you buddy, thanks to you and your family for going above and beyond 👍

Stay safe 

8 hours ago, ouchthathurt said:

Very true mate, my mother in law has covid, she’s a nurse. My wife works in a care home that has covid cases and I work on an ambulance, dealing with covid cases. It’s difficult times for sure. Stay safe one and all. 

Thank you to you and family for being there right in the thick of it 👏👏👏

Well my plans for now are home schooling, furlough this week anyway then we shall see, but probably more home schooling and trying to keep spirits up 

Yesterday we made a band and were drumming along to music, I haven't told the misses yet that we've dented the steamer pans a little 😁

Stay safe people 

46 minutes ago, elmoputney said:

Well my plans for now are home schooling, furlough this week anyway then we shall see, but probably more home schooling and trying to keep spirits up 

Yesterday we made a band and were drumming along to music, I haven't told the misses yet that we've dented the steamer pans a little 😁

Stay safe people 

Just still as normal for me... Me working in a Food Factory, Wife working at Wigan, Wrightington and Leigh (3) Hospitals... Little going school everyday... 

Let's hope something good does come of this 3rd Lockdown. 

7 minutes ago, Highy said:

Just still as normal for me... Me working in a Food Factory, Wife working at Wigan, Wrightington and Leigh (3) Hospitals... Little going school everyday... 

Let's hope something good does come of this 3rd Lockdown. 

Stay safe the Highys and thanks for helping to keep the country going 👍

9 hours ago, elmoputney said:

Stay safe people 

Years ago my son was becoming interested in drumming, so I set up a load of bait buckets in order for him. 

Sadly I know in Ipswich that cancer and ICU wards have been closed and switched to Covid treatment. 

Other illnesses, mental health, cancer and stroke patients are being left with no help. 

8 minutes ago, salokcinnodrog said:

Already emailed my MP to make an effort to get it reinstated

I can see from both sides,

yes stop at moment and try to stop the virus spreading by cutting all contact. 

No stopping as it an outdoor activity and can easily isolate alone. 

But, as we've had the most cases so far in past 3 days and rising, I think it should have been done easier for longer.