What's your plans for the new year?

elmoputney

Just a bit of  jail cell legal advice if you do bump into a copper that insists on having 200 off you, just refuse their request for details and go through the arrest procedure, tell them they can have your details at the police station after you have spoke to a lawyer and yes i am at home only going out for the shop before anyone thinks I'm speeding down the motor way giving the fingers and shouting Fu Fu 😷

Even made the BBC news website! 

I took a walk around my local club water (3min drive) and 50% of swims were taken! Yet on the second water, (3min walk from first water) there were no anglers on. I’ll be getting the rods out hopefully, work dependant! Whatever you decide to do, the important thing is to not take risks and keep yourself safe. 

7E903B37-4D09-4945-B8E0-063FF0D08C32.png

Well I'm just about to pop to my mums for the last time for a while, we have been safe and locked down since before Christmas so she's been our care bubble of one, but I have to go back to work, that means sadly as I can't trust my colleagues to be as vigilant as myself, I just can't risk it after Monday 😭 

Let's get this over with then maybe we could discuss it all at a social once its safe 👍

2 minutes ago, elmoputney said:

Well I'm just about to pop to my mums for the last time for a while, we have been safe and locked down since before Christmas so she's been our care bubble of one, but I have to go back to work, that means sadly as I can't trust my colleagues to be as vigilant as myself, I just can't risk it after Monday 😭 

Let's get this over with then maybe we could discuss it all at a social once its safe 👍

Hope you and yours continue to be safe elmo  I would like to meet you all at a social sometime 

On 08/01/2021 at 05:17, Carpmaster said:

I’ve asked my MP to elaborate what he said is walking distance ie your town or city 

This is the funny bit, there is no set distance for local; the police are having to use their own judgement, for absolutely every situation, not just fishing. The government is once again giving insufficient advice. Lawyers, councils and even the government ministers and home office are confused as to what is counted as local, 5miles, 10miles or walking distance. 

I have, as pointed out, a number of fisheries, including 2 reservoirs within 15miles, my syndicate at 23miles and various other waters. Ardleigh involves swapping counties, but is on that 15mile line. 

On 20/12/2019 at 07:34, elmoputney said:

I think that is the tough one lsnt it, I find I've spent the week building up to a session planning and prepping and thinking, then by the time you get there you are knackered as something won't be how you imagine it in the build up, then it all feels a bit of a waste of all that energy, for me I think the key is to try to plan less and be better prepared for more situations 

I am also going to keep a log this year so I can remember more and make the same mistakes less 🤔😳😳😳😳😳😊😁

I find preparing for a season and venue is the best way to make the catch results show. 

I've found that the less I do, the worse my results are. 

Just walking around the water is gaining knowledge, even better if you have a marker rod in hand... 

On Nazeing at times I felt like I hadn't prepared enough, whereas on Earith, Ardleigh and Alton I knew I had, and to be honest in reference to not enough prep and doing the preparation, I think the results showed in my catches. 

I know we all pretty much got messed over last year, lockdown, then often crowded banks so we couldn't get on fish, although I did not do too bad in the time I had on Alton. 

This year I really hope the government get their act together, but I'm not holding my breath. 

I would love to be able to succeed on the syndicate lake as there are some very nice fish in there, and that will come to plenty of time looking. 

Well I’ve still been walking the lake and giving them some food in the only 2 bits Ice free but I don’t think this lockdown is going anywhere soon you can’t even go in a supermarket now unless the police see your card why you haven’t a mask I can see me losing my patience soon I understand about the hospitals but when they’ve closed 4 and moved the patients they had to a short staffed brand new hospital where the staff don’t even know the layout then this COVID on top no wonder they’re over run now there arragant old bill half my age grabbing me by my shoulder where’s your mask who the blooming hell put 10 pence in his coin slot    Rant over now gggrrr I’ve really had enough

44 minutes ago, salokcinnodrog said:

I find preparing for a season and venue is the best way to make the catch results show. 

I've found that the less I do, the worse my results are. 

Just walking around the water is gaining knowledge, even better if you have a marker rod in hand... 

Very true Nick, 

due to covid, I’ve been on shift a lot more, I’ve lost touch with my water. I walk the dog around most mornings, but when I have got the odd overnighter in, I’ve been fishing more in hope then confidence. The swims I know can throw up consistent catches are usually taken and I’ve not got the recent/current info on the place, nor have I been able to go off shows etc as they are stubbornly reluctant to show when I need them too!

my bait has stopped going in, I have no idea when I’ll get on the bank next, I sit in my ambulance and get messages about carp caught at my water...  

1 minute ago, ouchthathurt said:

Very true Nick, 

due to covid, I’ve been on shift a lot more, I’ve lost touch with my water. I walk the dog around most mornings, but when I have got the odd overnighter in, I’ve been fishing more in hope then confidence. The swims I know can throw up consistent catches are usually taken and I’ve not got the recent/current info on the place, nor have I been able to go off shows etc as they are stubbornly reluctant to show when I need them too!

my bait has stopped going in, I have no idea when I’ll get on the bank next, I sit in my ambulance and get messages about carp caught at my water...  

it’s frustrating 

53 minutes ago, chillfactor said:

Looks like anyone planning a French trip for the year ahead . Will not be able to take your bait across the channel now , that could be a real headache. I normally take 100k with me. That would be a grands worth in France !

10 kilo allowed I think, should be enough to get the swim rocking, didn't guys used to take base mix and roll once there? only just the start of problems a certain bivvy auction site has said the prices will be going up by a fair amount from next month on due to the import costs all up in the air the cost of bringing shipping containers is about to raise to between 4 to 500 percent of the normal cost according to their web page. 

9 minutes ago, Carpbell_ll said:

10 kilo allowed I think, should be enough to get the swim rocking, didn't guys used to take base mix and roll once there? only just the start of problems a certain bivvy auction site has said the prices will be going up by a fair amount from next month on due to the import costs all up in the air the cost of bringing shipping containers is about to raise to between 4 to 500 percent of the normal cost according to their web page. 

I’ve heard the same I’m glad I’ve been stocking up on boilies so glad I got my own freezer 

1 hour ago, Carpbell_ll said:

Haven't heard that .

10 k for a week in France is a big ask mate . That would be gone in the first couple of hours after finding some fish 😜

2 hours ago, chillfactor said:

Looks like anyone planning a French trip for the year ahead . Will not be able to take your bait across the channel now , that could be a real headache. I normally take 100k with me. That would be a grands worth in France !

Wife has a holiday booked for May in Lanzarote, no Airline is even looking past Easter I've heard, she's already had 2 canceled so far, February and April... 

Had a really bad start to year though.... 

New Year eve, a delivery wagon door opened on our car when it turned a corner, and drove off... Need new Headlight, wing, cracked driver window, and ripped off mirror... In with insurance now and police as more cars were also damaged.. 

Garden now turned into a drive within 4 days(myself done)... Waiting for council drop kerb. 

Screenshot_20210114_205234_com.huawei.himovie.overseas.thumb.jpg.ddab97b7898fc7a22e6c7102b12b1bdc.jpg

Myself n wife have both had abscess, lucky mine was caught early but she had to have a Molar tooth removed... 

1 hour ago, Highy said:

Wife has a holiday booked for May in Lanzarote, no Airline is even looking past Easter I've heard, she's already had 2 canceled so far, February and April... 

Had a really bad start to year though.... 

New Year eve, a delivery wagon door opened on our car when it turned a corner, and drove off... Need new Headlight, wing, cracked driver window, and ripped off mirror... In with insurance now and police as more cars were also damaged.. 

Garden now turned into a drive within 4 days(myself done)... Waiting for council drop kerb. 

Screenshot_20210114_205234_com.huawei.himovie.overseas.thumb.jpg.ddab97b7898fc7a22e6c7102b12b1bdc.jpg

Myself n wife have both had abscess, lucky mine was caught early but she had to have a Molar tooth removed... 

Sorry to hear about the poor start to the year mate . Not been the best of times for our family either ,father inlaw passed away before Xmas.  Lovely bloke who will be missed . Gave him as good a send off as we could with the covid restrictions etc . 

You still keeping the fishing trade busy then 😁

5 minutes ago, chillfactor said:

Sorry to hear about the poor start to the year mate . Not been the best of times for our family either ,father inlaw passed away before Xmas.  Lovely bloke who will be missed . Gave him as good a send off as we could with the covid restrictions etc . 

You still keeping the fishing trade busy then 😁

Sorry about the Father in law pal... 

Yep, trying too, the purchasing is slowing now as think I'm very happy at moment... Just start to top up terminal for summer in think...