Thought of the Day pt.2

greekskii

On 23/11/2023 at 04:15, Highy said:

Also thinking this, do have a little coarse setup in a seperate bag.

On 22/11/2023 at 23:42, B B said:

Are you thinking of fishing competitions ? 

On 22/11/2023 at 18:16, Highy said:

Mate who had his 2 heart attacks has been given the all clear to drive his own car now, but he's been asked not to over do himself, so he's sold all his Carp gear and bought all Preston Match gear, says its less strain on him. So we've been talking about all the old Coarse/Match days we used fish and its brought back some good memory's of some old course places we used to fish.

Gonna put this out there.......I've really been looking at FULL Match Setups and even people wanting to swap there Match Setuos for Carp Setups.

100% staying on the Carp Front now, reasons being.....

Can Relax more, Take the Dog n Son when I can, (not able to really when Coarse/Match Fishing), but lad can have a Dabble with his float gear.

6 hours ago, Highy said:

100% staying on the Carp Front now, reasons being.....

Can Relax more, Take the Dog n Son when I can, (not able to really when Coarse/Match Fishing), but lad can have a Dabble with his float gear.

Well I'm glad you've thought it all through , Highy ; having spent time , and money building up your Carp gear .

😃

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, commonly said:

It's very quiet???

No one got any rod shots?

I'm getting withdrawals 😫 

So was I so popped over the local park last week for a cast was going to take some pics but forgot my phone been trying the South Africa cast which I used in my sea fishing days. It’s added distance to my cast over the overhead thump… No fish but came close to hitting a seagull tho 

2 hours ago, Highy said:

I have now joined the world of "The Book of Face" social Media....won't be adding friends, just following all the Carp Articles/Groups as possible, also Buy/Sell sites.

My advice is to give your good lady the credit card when you have a looksee on the buy sell sites  😏

Just can't catch a break, looking forward to a nice bit of early for me angling at a posh runs water and boom, tore my stomach lining leaving me with a nasty looking hernia, the only fix is a mesh patch which the NHS don’t do unless it becomes trapped in the stomach muscles cutting of the blood supply.

To say I'm gutted is a understated pun to say the least.

Merry Chrismas all and may all next years carp be special ones.

2 hours ago, Carpbell3 said:

Just can't catch a break, looking forward to a nice bit of early for me angling at a posh runs water and boom, tore my stomach lining leaving me with a nasty looking hernia, the only fix is a mesh patch which the NHS don’t do unless it becomes trapped in the stomach muscles cutting of the blood supply.

To say I'm gutted is a understated pun to say the least.

Merry Chrismas all and may all next years carp be special ones.

Know how you feel. I've had this week booked off work to have a long break only to test positive for covid last Friday. Its the first time I've had it and it's absolutely floored me. The way I feel I'll be pleased to be able to get up on Xmas day let alone enjoy it. 

On 21/12/2023 at 14:15, emmcee said:

Know how you feel. I've had this week booked off work to have a long break only to test positive for covid last Friday. Its the first time I've had it and it's absolutely floored me. The way I feel I'll be pleased to be able to get up on Xmas day let alone enjoy it. 

had 18th booked off work for a quick cheeky day session so i could at least justify the stuff in the shed but like you floored and missed everything by staying in bed :( for me it was 3rd time round and this one left a nasty hangover feeling......

Edited by barry211

7 hours ago, barry211 said:

had 18th booked off work for a quick cheeky day session so i could at least justify the stuff in the shed but like you floored and missed everything by staying in bed :( for me it was 3rd time round and this one left a nasty hangover feeling......

Yeah .I've had constant nausea for over a week now along with the usual symptoms,  body aches, fever, bad head and chest. Seems so much worse in the mornings for some reason. 

Get well soon gents.

Have u tested for Covid??

I know a few people say they have had it recently (confirmed with tests).

'6 week cold' is a term I hear a bit, but I've had it on and off for well over 6 weeks.

I wake up all full of snot, then around 3-5pm I start loosing my voice???

9 hours ago, commonly said:

Get well soon gents.

Have u tested for Covid??

I know a few people say they have had it recently (confirmed with tests).

'6 week cold' is a term I hear a bit, but I've had it on and off for well over 6 weeks.

I wake up all full of snot, then around 3-5pm I start loosing my voice???

I tested positive on the 16th December and I'm still positive as of yesterday. Today is the first day I feel like I've turned the corner,  still very weak and full of a head cold though. Must admit I've not had the last 2 jabs but had the first 3. 

I've not had a single positive yet, son n wife have and rest of family but not me.

Wife works for NHS in local hospital, also the local outpatient centre and various doctors around wigan.....so whatever injection she has/had, I've also had.

But I also think I have a good immune system, also my line of work is outdoors.

Iv been lucky with not getting Covid so far, hang on a min got to touch some wood, but I work on my own mostly and don’t come into contact with a lot of people. A landlord I work for has had Covid 3 times this year twice on holiday to the Le Mans race + Florida and last month. Last year he had it twice.  😳  

Theres a flu like bug down my way hits you for 4 weeks 

Look after yourself lads.