New purchases

B B

1 hour ago, framey said:

Thinking anglers cover up 

I do have one and have used it but I just use a prestige cover

Thanks mate I will have a look. Been unloading the barrow completely and packing it all in the bivvy for the last 15 years or so.. Never thought about leaving stuff on there and covering it up 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤣🤣🤣

Three stripes of thinking angler spliced leadcore and I'm not a happy chap, gone through three different splicing needles trying to splice my kryston leadcore all of them snapped so the TA pre splices with no bits it is. Not bad a lot more supple than the Kryston, also got a set of the Korda inline skyliners.

Roll on next week.

18 hours ago, Carpbell3 said:

Three stripes of thinking angler spliced leadcore and I'm not a happy chap, gone through three different splicing needles trying to splice my kryston leadcore all of them snapped so the TA pre splices with no bits it is. Not bad a lot more supple than the Kryston, also got a set of the Korda inline skyliners.

Roll on next week.

I've found the korda and esp splicing needles to be the best ones I've tried 

4 hours ago, elmoputney said:

I've found the korda and esp splicing needles to be the best ones I've tried 

I find the complete metal ones better than any with a plastic handle.

but rather than just yank it through bunch it all up to make a bigger hole around the needle works best and then add a little twist.

3 hours ago, Old_Skool_Carper said:

been looking to going back to wearing old-skool clobber, picked this Belgium woolen army jumper up at a charity shop, they wanted a fiver, i bargained 'em down to a whooping 3 quid!!!😂

ajup.jpg.5cd7454c90d249c5485376bdec27625b.jpg

Maddox lol

3 hours ago, Old_Skool_Carper said:

been looking to going back to wearing old-skool clobber, picked this Belgium woolen army jumper up at a charity shop, they wanted a fiver, i bargained 'em down to a whooping 3 quid!!!😂

ajup.jpg.5cd7454c90d249c5485376bdec27625b.jpg

Nice!

I have the UK army Norgie and UBAC tops.

In fact sat in the bivvy right now in MTP trousers, UBAC, fleece although 'cos it's wet outside, welly boots rather than combat boots.

Talking of combat boots, the Nitehawks I was using seem to have changed, the inner sole collapses so I have bought myself some Savage Island boots:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/380842363396?itmmeta=01HSDN531KJ4J8JG9WRC00P30D&hash=item58abf94a04:g:eqkAAOSwr69bMOHB&itmprp=enc%3AAQAJAAAA0Aqn5xGsWe9mKXSfZuuebWmnpWgRxu0rGa%2B27QA%2Fy0QbSpxTruE1ojQ0paqOxchn%2F0f5VmzptqQvMrbkgMi7USdkZAtG6qi2WdFhdpxrvhyoRFXRNxbeEtqkkI8Ff%2FcZWyA1pasWrYiNm7oRvXufCuU1oGrsaNvxlxkgUm8QS26Ge1PvhmVimtv9GCDG97HSDilLgqyUNINN2NVD02bbie%2FeRUarwzZXyfoTYWB5ZN7B%2BZHaLgexuNysKd2QBGReANjaLSARe%2ByCwT5PJbY5%2FvI%3D|tkp%3ABk9SR-6wlLXLYw

6 hours ago, kevtaylor said:

Groundsheet from bivvy - store separate 👍

Why buy something extra?

Might have an old one floating around mate, I use a groundsheet all the time now since watching a spider appear out the ground 🤣🤣🤣

1 hour ago, jh92 said:

Might have an old one floating around mate, I use a groundsheet all the time now since watching a spider appear out the ground 🤣🤣🤣

I don't take an extra groundsheet, just by keeping the groundsheet and bivvy separate - the groundsheet is handy to chuck over if it rains whilst barrowing back and forth, I don't cover it once fishing - everything goes inside the shelter 👍

• 2 weeks later...

Renewal of res ticket. 

Gone up £40??? For what??

I'm not too sure I'm getting my moneys worth.

However, after visiting a commercial day ticket recently, I feel very lucky to fish there and have all the space I could ever want😊 

Now, I just need the time to put in a bit of effort and find the fish