New purchases

B B

8 hours ago, jh92 said:

this bedchair isn't suited to the larger angler. Its comfy but too small for my tubby ass

I had the wide Avid memory foam,  when it first came out. Not cheap £250, but amazing comfort.

Got nicked out my garage 🥺

6 hours ago, jh92 said:

nash indulgence ss4 wide

Got given one after the break in. Seems OK, better than a few others ive tried & trashed. Definitely, not as comfy as the Avid. 

I always find with my bulk I have to stretch the bungee chord every now and then when I hit the frame.

5 hours ago, salokcinnodrog said:

Sonik on the other hand, everything I got has had problems. Sk-tec recliner chair with extending legs that won't stay extended, only good on a level bank, rods where the liners fall out of the rod rings. I won't entertain buying anything from them now.

As above the Sonik rods I've had are prone to falling apart. I tried to claim on the lifetime guarantee and get ignored. I wouldn't waste my money on their kit. Buy cheap, buy twice & all that

7 hours ago, commonly said:

I had the wide Avid memory foam,  when it first came out. Not cheap £250, but amazing comfort.

Got nicked out my garage 🥺

Got given one after the break in. Seems OK, better than a few others ive tried & trashed. Definitely, not as comfy as the Avid. 

I always find with my bulk I have to stretch the bungee chord every now and then when I hit the frame.

As above the Sonik rods I've had are prone to falling apart. I tried to claim on the lifetime guarantee and get ignored. I wouldn't waste my money on their kit. Buy cheap, buy twice & all that

Cheers mate, was it the indulgence one you had? I'm 17.5 stone, might put some new bungees in it if I have to, the width seems decent tho 🤣

Got some more J precision hooks delivered today 

All size 3 advanced wide gape, long gape and curves, I've also got some ZR to treat them with no more rusty hooks for me. 

The LG'S look a bit good, long and have a sticky sharp beaked point 👌

I've also respooled my spod reel with the Ngt braid, seems alright tbh, should cast well as it is quite thin 0.28mm , I've added a shock leader to be on the safe side. 

Did you know its take your tackle box to work day? Need to make some new rigs and booms later 😂

On 23/08/2023 at 20:55, B B said:

I thought it was a air dry your baits at work day 

IMG_7055.jpeg

That better be a fruity number lol.

Sacked this weekend so that freezer I got for the shed is paying off think I over did it with the hemp, was really looking forward to dropping the whole bucket in a likely looking area sit back and see what comes along.

Got out the blue hospital appointments everyday till the end of next week, flipping doddle this caring malarkey,

1 hour ago, B B said:

It seems it’s down to me ask what everyone is thinking… whats made you fall out with Sonik  then ?  😉 

Nothing, still got Sonik Rods (xtractor), Alarms n Swingers (Gizmo), Pod (Xtractor), Bed (Sktek sleep sytem), Net, Sling.

Everything else is what the brands are known for - 

Bivvy - Trakker Tempest200, Reels, Daiwa Crosscast QD, Terminal - Fox, Korda.

Just need a Pop Up Mat now.....

The Nash Scope range for my Rods (R10) is very rigged and hard wearing, get plenty in, now on the look for a Nash Scope (Recon or Subterfuge) Bag.

10 hours ago, Carpbell3 said:

Liking the fox net holder, the cook system looks good but not my sort of thing too much faffing cook wear is needed though I will get a griddle pan and take the handle off, gonna need another bucket to get all the cook kit in.

I refuse to buy camping cooking kit.

Camping cooking pans are simply only good enough to reheat ready meals, boil in the bag or warm tinned foods, beans, spaghetti or Staggs etc.

I cook proper meals so I need decent pans, a proper frying pan, a real saucepan, and of course bialetti for real coffee.

The saucepan is from memory, a milkpan, and I've had that for 15years, nothing expensive, the basic steel version, think it was from Sainsburys.

My frying pan is over 20years old, no non-stick, but has been properly seasoned and aged.

These decent cooking items don't take up much space, and mean you can cook proper food so much better.

16930339879472225862702187765427.jpg

On 21/08/2023 at 15:53, salokcinnodrog said:

Have a look at the Solar Range. Probably not cheap, some are on discount as updates are due. I'm sure there is a sleep system.

https://www.solartackle.co.uk/products/chairs-bedchairs

I do have the basic Solar bedchair, and it's probably the most comfortable I have used.

100% agree. I've got a solar bed and by far its the best I've had in how it's made and how comfortable it is.