September catch reports

ouchthathurt

I recently snuck in for a cheeky  overnighter, 

Didn't get there til 6pm found some ripples cast a marker float and spooked one off the spot then just went with 2 rods minimum fuss, just a cast and an underarm plop and a few handfuls/pouchfuls of reaper nut mix, just after sun rise my left hand rod was away, lifted into it walked back away from the pads, went through some weed and had an annoying pendulum of slime on the leader knot but I eventually won the battle 27lb 12oz, job done packed up a lot happier. 

27lb12ozbluesbreaker.thumb.JPG.21ec658b55f4aaec82f6909a94d3e31f.JPG

15 hours ago, elmoputney said:

I recently snuck in for a cheeky  overnighter, 

Didn't get there til 6pm found some ripples cast a marker float and spooked one off the spot then just went with 2 rods minimum fuss, just a cast and an underarm plop and a few handfuls/pouchfuls of reaper nut mix, just after sun rise my left hand rod was away, lifted into it walked back away from the pads, went through some weed and had an annoying pendulum of slime on the leader knot but I eventually won the battle 27lb 12oz, job done packed up a lot happier. 

27lb12ozbluesbreaker.thumb.JPG.21ec658b55f4aaec82f6909a94d3e31f.JPG

Looks a clacking fish Elmo 👍…. But it don’t count, cus yer didn’t tell us all you were off fishing 😉 

Another session on Kingy, took over a corner swim Sunday in the scorching sun and the banker rod was sorted straight away with big numbers of whackers chilling out under the willows.

Baiting pole coming in very handy, pushing a rig under the canopy.  Right rod went next to the pads.  Middle rod out on an adjustable zig 1ft under the surface.

Early evening one mouthed a leaf just underarm distance right in front of me so I fired some mixers out in the hope of getting something going.

The rain came and the mixers kept going out but with just one greedy fish it was hard, he mouthed the fake mixer a couple of times but didnt like it.

I swapped back to the adjustable zig and set it at around 1.5ft under, kept the mixers going in and just when a couple more fish joined in I was away.

A good fight as it tried to reach the marginal trees but thankfully it went in the net.

At 29.2 it was a good start, but the smile faded when I realised it was a repeat from a few weeks ago - unreal! 

I got a better picture though and no blank.

Next 2 days the fish were in those snags just feet from my rig but no take, no surprise as it gets fished almost daily, weather became unsettled and no more surface interest.  A very exciting trip again, love watching fish in trees, could do it all day.

Screenshot_20230910-195953_Gallery.thumb.jpg.5a1691559ff49ad817efe5851c30e477.jpg

4 hours ago, kevtaylor said:

Another session on Kingy, took over a corner swim Sunday in the scorching sun and the banker rod was sorted straight away with big numbers of whackers chilling out under the willows.

Baiting pole coming in very handy, pushing a rig under the canopy.  Right rod went next to the pads.  Middle rod out on an adjustable zig 1ft under the surface.

Early evening one mouthed a leaf just underarm distance right in front of me so I fired some mixers out in the hope of getting something going.

The rain came and the mixers kept going out but with just one greedy fish it was hard, he mouthed the fake mixer a couple of times but didnt like it.

I swapped back to the adjustable zig and set it at around 1.5ft under, kept the mixers going in and just when a couple more fish joined in I was away.

A good fight as it tried to reach the marginal trees but thankfully it went in the net.

At 29.2 it was a good start, but the smile faded when I realised it was a repeat from a few weeks ago - unreal! 

I got a better picture though and no blank.

Next 2 days the fish were in those snags just feet from my rig but no take, no surprise as it gets fished almost daily, weather became unsettled and no more surface interest.  A very exciting trip again, love watching fish in trees, could do it all day.

Screenshot_20230910-195953_Gallery.thumb.jpg.5a1691559ff49ad817efe5851c30e477.jpg

Cracking fish mate 👌 just out of curiosity how long is your rig you fish with an adjustable zig?

Thanks all, still buzzing! Caught it over 1.5kg of hemp, 200(ish) boilies, with a large pva bag filled with pellet, crumbed and whole boilie, corn and lots of maggots. My dad was float fishing in the next swim for a few hours and left his remaining maggots and corn behind, so I whacked it in a pva bag on the middle rod and stuck it out over the hemp, the other rod on the spot was just a stringer, then the 3rd rod was fished up the near margin over about 5 scoops of hemp, maggots, corn and boilie with a stringer on it, but it was the pva bag rod that went.