New purchases

B B

1 hour ago, B B said:

How bad is the symptoms ?

Getting worse as the day goes on but long walk with the dog and felt snotty got back felt a bit achey and now a bit grotty and meh tbh, off work now though not sure if we still have a covid policy in place atm could be off all week if that's the case 

2 hours ago, elmoputney said:

Getting worse as the day goes on but long walk with the dog and felt snotty got back felt a bit achey and now a bit grotty and meh tbh, off work now though not sure if we still have a covid policy in place atm could be off all week if that's the case 

Shouldn’t you call them instead of going to work first ?

6 hours ago, Highy said:

Screenshot_20230502_123237_Gallery.thumb.jpg.52966b3c92b46dacbf60cfa5ebe6ccd6.jpg

Screenshot_20230502_123249_Gallery.thumb.jpg.fac2298515a1a5d49f096daed73da8e7.jpg

I reckon something like that, nice work Sir.

1 hour ago, framey said:

Shouldn’t you call them instead of going to work first ?

4 hours ago, elmoputney said:

not sure if we still have a covid policy in place atm could be off all week if that's the case 

I think a lot of places have relaxed the ' 10day rule', now it's just stay off work until clear or you are fit.

One of the girls I used to work with did her test at work, tested positive (despite being vaccinated) and I had to send her home for 10 days. Two days later I tested positive, had to take my 10days off, despite not having another positive test. My symptoms was just a headache for a day then nothing else, but still had to be off work.

Should be getting a new set of wadders tomorrow looks like it's the trakka or cygnet depending what's in stock looking at something you can keep on that doesn't also double as a fallout suit. The trakka look good nice and light with adjustments.

Looking good for Thursday she had a pre op today so a short window before I can't get out for a bit, ain't been near the place since last summer got the rods ready bait done rig case full one barrow load straight into the wagon, oh and I will be having a few out.

1647251664722.png

There are no rules on isolating with COVID now. It's recommended you try to isolate for five days if you test positive, but not required.

A vaccination will reduce the chance of severe complications, but does not stop you catching it.

When I caught it I didn't even know. I've had worse flus. I guess I'm lucky since I'm in an at risk group, it's just as well!

Wishing you a speedy recovery.

We've all been told to treat it as a cold, but if you want to test you can, no enforcement for us, but have to wear a mask if positive and want to work.

Wife has all procedures still in force at the Hospital, test every other day, wear ppe, 5 day isolation if positive, return to work after 2 negative tests.

9 hours ago, Highy said:

We've all been told to treat it as a cold, but if you want to test you can, no enforcement for us, but have to wear a mask if positive and want to work.

Wife has all procedures still in force at the Hospital, test every other day, wear ppe, 5 day isolation if positive, return to work after 2 negative tests.

Of course. Work based guidance trumps general advice. The government have no specific guidance anymore though.

Guess everyone thought it was much worse than it is, and early on it was. Most strains seem to have mutated to flu like now.

Strange time to be alive, that's for sure.

At the risk of getting another thread started, I'm not even sure if I have had covid, covid is a cold virus I'm not really a cold and flu catcher I don't think it likes my metabolism rate,  stomach problems are my problem, I need to make sure I take a harty dump daily I use the Indian method of crouch not sit which is the best position, 

It's why I take prozac nothing to do with being mentally depressed trust me I was blown away by the results on my stomach yet prozac would be on my avoid list normally, tried to get me on ritolin years back, no way lol I wouldn't even take amphetamines when out partying hate the stuff.

11 hours ago, dalej2014 said:

There are no rules on isolating with COVID now. It's recommended you try to isolate for five days if you test positive, but not required.

A vaccination will reduce the chance of severe complications, but does not stop you catching it.

When I caught it I didn't even know. I've had worse flus. I guess I'm lucky since I'm in an at risk group, it's just as well!

Wishing you a speedy recovery.

I am positive that I caught Covid back in January/February 2020, pre-lockdown, pre- restrictions when you simply could not afford to take time off ill, not knowing if you would get sick pay, or how long it would last.

If there is a positive it is that numbers of companies have taken to paying sick pay.

It is only since covid I've had my health issues, which started as pains in my right calf and shin, that my doctor thought from the pain, was a stress fracture. It spread through my right side since, hip, base of back up to right arm and shoulder.

The left side is fine, but is the knee I had surgery on, and is no problem. 

To be honest, I'm not sure or convinced on the vaccinations. The symptoms vary so much from person to person, complications from person to person, I do not believe that the vaccine is effective, nor healthy due to side effects. 

1 minute ago, salokcinnodrog said:

I am positive that I caught Covid back in January/February 2020, pre-lockdown, pre- restrictions when you simply could not afford to take time off ill, not knowing if you would get sick pay, or how long it would last.

If there is a positive it is that numbers of companies have taken to paying sick pay.

It is only since covid I've had my health issues, which started as pains in my right calf and shin, that my doctor thought from the pain, was a stress fracture. It spread through my right side since, hip, base of back up to right arm and shoulder.

To be honest, I'm not sure or convinced on the vaccinations. The symptoms vary so much from person to person, complications from person to person, I do not believe that the vaccine is effective, nor healthy due to side effects. 

Same as you, around Christmas 2020, I was dog rough for about 2/3 weeks, before anything really kicked off, treated it as a cold/flu, but still had to work as our place don't pay sick pay, you can only self cert, you loose your 1st 3 days of sick.

But since then, I've decided to be outside more, even in winter, taking dog out more, fishing, walking, even now yping this I'm sat in garden.

I've had all the relevant jabs, as wife says so with being in the NHS on the frontline.

But (touch wood) nothing really of a cold since then....don't take any vitamins, paracetamol or any painkillers, just keep my fluids up and (try) to eat decently.

Might try my local go out doors see what wadders they have before commiting to the trakka from AD, I need a gas can wadders and bankstick nothing else oh and a few buckets for my gourmet delights to be served from, luckily I noticed the base rim of my bucket has perished noticed when spooling line luckly, that could of been messy on route. my last motor stank of shrimp and wet dog, my fiesta looked like the inside of terry hearns bait bucket, not heard anything from Terry recently?

9 minutes ago, B B said:

Did you buy any Spode from Amazon after ? 

No, was using the Fox Impact TT spod.....i was waiting till today for Pay Day to buy the Wold Competition X spod, but a 2 mates have given me a spod each....see how these go, then may look into the Xspod next pay day?

On 03/05/2023 at 09:20, salokcinnodrog said:

I was ill in October 19 and the wife got it really bad we went through loads of cough mixtures etc 

it wouldn’t surprise me if we had it then loss of smell coughing that wouldn’t stop etc.

long before it was known about 

so we could have spread it to zante lol

• 2 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, elmoputney said:

This finally arrived this morning had a bit of hassle getting it with a few issues from the ebay seller but after a couple of weeks I got it a rand spanking new sonik axs shelter for £95, well impressed with the erection time and even without pegs or storm poles it seems pretty sturdy IMG_20230515_085452.thumb.jpg.ea9773806682e038e6e8aba05247a6ab.jpg

Awsome shelters, loved mine, you getting the wrap? Saves the faff of a front, also makes front about 2ft extra space....I kept forgetting to loosen the 2 straps on the peak when putting away.