New purchases

B B

4 hours ago, B B said:

Just seen the price of a new license £49.50 which shocked me,how much was it last year ?

2 hours ago, framey said:

Just paid for the wife’s 33£ for a 2 rod

£30 last year for 2rod, need to buy new when home, mine ran out on 1st June.

2 hours ago, B B said:

What’s the connection between somebody spending £49 in a pub and 0.04p per rod per day fishing ? 
For my license fee I would like to see a bailiff come up to me and ask to see my license …it’s only happened once in over 50 years of angling 🤔 …do they still patrol the banks ? 

I have only seen 1 myself in the last 30 years.

and yes I do begrudge paying it every year and moan about it but I do it because the day I don’t buy it that will be the day they come and ask for it lol

On 01/06/2023 at 10:13, Highy said:

I've only gone and won a DNA Bundle 😁😁

Screenshot_20230601_095236_YouTube.thumb.jpg.36f91df18b3d50b20db76911e6afb070.jpg

Screenshot_20230601_095306_YouTube.thumb.jpg.e84a2435a0bd0c836af14310d42c6022.jpg

On 01/06/2023 at 11:03, elmoputney said:

You are lucky Highy. I've probably got some other S7 hookbaits if you need them 🤣

Received my Winning Bait Bundle today, mate brought it round from were it was delivered too.

20230613_184234.thumb.jpg.4590a66d73c62cee48ec810aa438fc42.jpg

Smelt the Cork Wafters and the Pop Ups, smell like a Fruity Krilly Fishmeal (like Sticky Signature Pop Ups)

Think I'm going to save this for a 48hr somewhere??

Edited by Highy

15 minutes ago, Highy said:

Received my Winning Bait Bundle today, mate brought it round from were it was delivered too.

20230613_184234.thumb.jpg.4590a66d73c62cee48ec810aa438fc42.jpg

Smelt the Cork Wafters and the Pop Ups, smell like a Fruity Krilly Fishmeal (like Sticky Signature Pop Ups)

Think I'm going to save this for a 48hr somewhere??

Mmm very addictive smell specially when you use it for five days running… think I had withdrawal symptoms when I got back from the trip 🤪

Bag of each, hemp, Vitalin, GLM pellets when I bought Sky a sack of Armitages working Dog complete. Her food is VAT free, well the dog food, she does get my meat and vegetable trimmings (except onions and garlic) added to her food.

Got plenty of hemp and a kilo of Birdfood prepared in a bucket ready to be used tomorrow, sack of Vitalin is still in the car

On 13/06/2023 at 22:58, salokcinnodrog said:

Bag of each, hemp, Vitalin, GLM pellets when I bought Sky a sack of Armitages working Dog complete. Her food is VAT free, well the dog food, she does get my meat and vegetable trimmings (except onions and garlic) added to her food.

Got plenty of hemp and a kilo of Birdfood prepared in a bucket ready to be used tomorrow, sack of Vitalin is still in the car

I'm going to be thawing out about 5kg Particle, is there anything I can add to it while it's thawing out ?...Hemp Oil ? Salt ? Liquid Food ?....

2 hours ago, Highy said:

I'm going to be thawing out about 5kg Particle, is there anything I can add to it while it's thawing out ?...Hemp Oil ? Salt ? Liquid Food ?....

How much water is it frozen with?

If there is little water with yours, I'd pour in some boiling water with some vegetable oil, some liquid yeast or liquid food that compliments your boilies.

I usually freeze mine in a catering stock bucket, so probably about 3litres complete with water I reckon, or 900ml ice cream tubs, which are perfect for stacking in the freezer, and dividing into amounts for fishing.

Just now, salokcinnodrog said:

If there is little water with yours, I'd pour in some boiling water with some vegetable oil, some liquid yeast or liquid food that compliments your boilies.

I usually freeze mine in a catering stock bucket, so probably about 3litres complete with water I reckon, or 900ml ice cream tubs, which are perfect for stacking in the freezer, and dividing into amounts for fishing.

It's Particles, 5kg Bags.

Screenshot_20230302_145201_Gallery.thumb.jpg.6d380f55199493d20603c3268539565c.jpg

I've split 1 bag in half for a 24hr...is there anything to add to compliment the thawing period?

41 minutes ago, dalej2014 said:

Molasses works well with particles but will draw the bream and tench in too. 

3 hours ago, salokcinnodrog said:

I'm more thinking of what I have to hand, no time to buy at moment....

Olive Oil ? Hemp Oil ? Condensed Carnation Milk ? Manilla Liquid Food ? Stick Mix Crumb ? Salt ? Honey ? Tuna ?

34 minutes ago, Highy said:

I'm more thinking of what I have to hand, no time to buy at moment....

Olive Oil ? Hemp Oil ? Condensed Carnation Milk ? Manilla Liquid Food ? Stick Mix Crumb ? Salt ? Honey ? Tuna ?

Any of that 

I think I would stay away from tuna this time of year as it will turn rancid pretty quickly in the heat.

unless you open a tin just as you are going to Chuck it out and mix it into a smaller amount.

1 minute ago, framey said:

Any of that 

I think I would stay away from tuna this time of year as it will turn rancid pretty quickly in the heat.

unless you open a tin just as you are going to Chuck it out and mix it into a smaller amount.

The bucket will be used in the 24hr over my 2 rods and my lads rod. 👍👍

5 hours ago, Highy said:

It's Particles, 5kg Bags.

Screenshot_20230302_145201_Gallery.thumb.jpg.6d380f55199493d20603c3268539565c.jpg

I've split 1 bag in half for a 24hr...is there anything to add to compliment the thawing period?

Molasses works well, and it's dirt cheap. But spod syrups oils anything won't hurt tbh. 

I've just added a very healthy glug of Molasses to the mix of maize and seeds I prepped for tomorrow, pretty happy with my new mix tbh mainly maize but has some wheat, maples and other smaller bits but it's more decent sized particles rather than small seeds should interest the Rudd but slow them down enough. Jist needs some tigers but I haven't got any at the minute. 

God these bad boys for cooking with the other day 17ltr and 20ltr so I can prep enough at a time smaller one is good for a bucket full, bigger one for when i need a lot of bait 😂

IMG-20230612-WA0000.thumb.jpg.5732e8de163360d05ed25edd350fa247.jpg

4 minutes ago, elmoputney said:

Molasses works well, and it's dirt cheap. But spod syrups oils anything won't hurt tbh. 

I've just added a very healthy glug of Molasses to the mix of maize and seeds I prepped for tomorrow, pretty happy with my new mix tbh mainly maize but has some wheat, maples and other smaller bits but it's more decent sized particles rather than small seeds should interest the Rudd but slow them down enough. Jist needs some tigers but I haven't got any at the minute. 

God these bad boys for cooking with the other day 17ltr and 20ltr so I can prep enough at a time smaller one is good for a bucket full, bigger one for when i need a lot of bait 😂

IMG-20230612-WA0000.thumb.jpg.5732e8de163360d05ed25edd350fa247.jpg

I'm thawing now, but tomorrow I'll add either, some DNA S7 Spod Syrup, Mainline Cream Smart Liquid, Manilla Active Powder.

2 hours ago, Highy said:

I'm thawing now, but tomorrow I'll add either, some DNA S7 Spod Syrup, Mainline Cream Smart Liquid, Manilla Active Powder.

Il give the bucket a good glug of the syrup now as the bait is defrosting giving it a stir occasionally 🤔

10 hours ago, elmoputney said:

IMG_20230615_223343.thumb.jpg.fd06d1c15e916c66cb7020f201f9b760.jpg

If this was a 1970s pop band it would be munga jerry 😂

I've just done mine this morning....

Screenshot_20230616_092313_Gallery.thumb.jpg.246cd39762481d4d60954ab3483662a3.jpg

Ive poured the water it was thawing out into another bucket...

Crushed up about half kilo manilla boilies, Poured some Manilla Liquid Food over it all, gave it all a good mix, then poured the water back over it all.

Not used the Smart liquid as it smelt abit Vinegary.

Added about 100ml Hemp Oil also.

Hopefully do a few bites tomorrow (be at lake about 2pm).

8 minutes ago, Highy said:

I've just done mine this morning....

Screenshot_20230616_092313_Gallery.thumb.jpg.246cd39762481d4d60954ab3483662a3.jpg

Ive poured the water it was thawing out into another bucket...

Crushed up about half kilo manilla boilies, Poured some Manilla Liquid Food over it all, gave it all a good mix, then poured the water back over it all.

Not used the Smart liquid as it smelt abit Vinegary.

Added about 100ml Hemp Oil also.

Hopefully do a few bites tomorrow (be at lake about 2pm).

Screenshot_20230616_093438_Gallery.thumb.jpg.22f79d5acc3481220da44426e1f7aa07.jpg

Mine is all in the car, booked a sneaky half day, finish at 2 then straight there via the coop, have a good look about bucket ready to drop into a likely looking swim. Can't wait even though its stupid warm already, does mean I should be able to find them though. Testing out the axs shelter tonight. 

1 hour ago, elmoputney said:

Mine is all in the car, booked a sneaky half day, finish at 2 then straight there via the coop, have a good look about bucket ready to drop into a likely looking swim. Can't wait even though its stupid warm already, does mean I should be able to find them though. Testing out the axs shelter tonight. 

I'm.just starting a 10hr shift 😓😓,  decent size them AXS.

Updates to follow Elmo ?

5 hours ago, elmoputney said:

How we looking Elmo ? All setup ?