June Catch reports

salokcinnodrog

20 hours ago, salokcinnodrog said:

I'm glad to say Alton Water has reopened again. 

Doing my first night on there since pike fishing. 

RH KMG still working, got woken up at midnight by a 15lb scamp

IMG_20200604_001345.jpg

Well that didn't take you long to get off the mark , Nick , that must give you confidence for the season ahead of you ? .

😃 

My first visit to my new ticket. Took the kitchen sink with me as I had no idea about the lake. Few friendly lads gave me an idea of the lake and its stock (only 40 carp apparently) so I wondered around the lake aimlessly looking for a sign of life. 3 hours later I had picked a swim.  Only to see a fish jump a few swims down so quickly moved the gear down and by midnight I was into my first match pit carp. 32.2lb. Chuffed to get one on the first night. 

Screenshot_20200605_131630.jpg

21 hours ago, crusian said:

Well that didn't take you long to get off the mark , Nick , that must give you confidence for the season ahead of you ? .

😃

I did spend the day they opened walking the whole reservoir rather than fishing, then went down the next morning after reckoning some bubble shows in a particular area were carp. 

Nothing on the second night, maybe because I put some boilies in on top of them though. 

6 hours ago, Ginger9991 said:

My first visit to my new ticket. Took the kitchen sink with me as I had no idea about the lake. Few friendly lads gave me an idea of the lake and its stock (only 40 carp apparently) so I wondered around the lake aimlessly looking for a sign of life. 3 hours later I had picked a swim.  Only to see a fish jump a few swims down so quickly moved the gear down and by midnight I was into my first match pit carp. 32.2lb. Chuffed to get one on the first night. 

Screenshot_20200605_131630.jpg

22 minutes ago, salokcinnodrog said:

I did spend the day they opened walking the whole reservoir rather than fishing, then went down the next morning after reckoning some bubble shows in a particular area were carp. 

Nothing on the second night, maybe because I put some boilies in on top of them though. 

Exactly as Commonly says , " Effort = Reward " .

Do you know yet , Commonly if you will be able to use a boat to look for signs of Carp ? .

😃

42 minutes ago, Highy said:

I had on the floor, but think I'm gonna invest in a tripod for the light 👍

If it's a magnet one you could've stuck it on the outside of the bivvy, the ridge monkey lights come with a bank stick adaptor plate this can be useful, I've got a video light for my camera though just sits on top of it on a tripod, 

15 minutes ago, elmoputney said:

If it's a magnet one you could've stuck it on the outside of the bivvy, the ridge monkey lights come with a bank stick adaptor plate this can be useful, I've got a video light for my camera though just sits on top of it on a tripod, 

Yeh, bivvy light has a magnet on back and phone is in a holder on a bankstick adaptor

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Andoer-Orange-Filter-Camera-Camcorder/dp/B01J727A9A/ref=psdc_1330763031_t2_B077VL3DDY

Have a look at one of these Highly. It makes night photography a lot simpler. You can still use your on board flash but the extra light does fill in the gaps a bit. For quite a few years I played about with slave flashes. They are small portable flash units that you mount on a bankstick or are placed on the ground and are triggered by the main flash going off.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/b/slave-flash/bn_7024918190

Some on here, you only need the sub £20 versions. I had 2 and positioned them at least 10 foot away and angling from the side so you didn't get any visible "flaring" in the shot.

6 minutes ago, Golden Paws said:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Andoer-Orange-Filter-Camera-Camcorder/dp/B01J727A9A/ref=psdc_1330763031_t2_B077VL3DDY

Have a look at one of these Highly. It makes night photography a lot simpler.

These are great. They provide enough light for the camera to focus effectively, the built-in or slave flash does the rest. I rate them, especially for the price.

3 hours ago, chillfactor said:

Nice smuft ... great session mate 😎

Well done all cracking fish 😎

Thanks mate. 

Was trying out a new(ish) bait. Mate of mine makes and sells boilies and I've used his coconut ones before to good effect. I was chatting with him last week and asked him if he could make me some more up, but make them a bit whiter, a bit more visible if you like. White Cottage is very silty, and lighter colours tend to work best. His "normal" coconut boilies are a light beige colour, I was just thinking that something even lighter might give me an edge. 

He bought a couple of kilos around on Sunday and they looked spot on. Really bright white in comparison to his usual. On my suggestion, he had also added some black seed to them to try to break up the shape a little (from the fishes viewpoint obviously). He was so impressed with how they turned out, he made a few more kilos and stuck them in the freezer for himself. 

Whether it was the bait or other factors I don't know. But it's certainly given me confidence in them. I was using them on all three rods by the way. 

Edited by smufter