Coronavirus...Nooooo

B B

Looks like my week at the Retreat in France is off in early June.

Thankfully it looks like Lyn (the owner) will carry the booking over to a later date, so not all is lost.

I'm more concerned about our "luxury" holiday abroad for next year. I've paid for it in full, I just hope the holiday company we've booked with don't go under.

😨😨

Edited by smufter

I have just returned from my first shopping experience since the lockdown started in France. I thought you guys in UK might like to know what the rest of Europe is doing and what might be coming your way.

First, on the drive to the nearest town I did not pass a single vehicle. It felt very post apocalypse.

In town there was a police check. I was a bit nervous because I had a sheet of paper with 6 “attestation de deplacement” (signed declaration of reason for leaving house) printed on both sides of an A4 sheet and was not sure if this would be acceptable. The idea being to sign and date a fresh one and cross out the previously used one. The first thing I noticed was that the police were not wearing masks. I guess being stopped by a heavily armed man in a mask could be seen as a bit disconcerting. I wound down my window to give him my Attestation and Carte de Sejour but was instructed to wind up the window and hold my papers against the glass so he could approach and read them. To my relief, he waved me on with a smile.

In the pharmacy there was a table blocking entrance to the main shop. When it was my turn I had to move forward from my marked position and put the prescription on the table and step back. The pharmacist then got my prescription and placed that on the table and stepped back so I could approach and pick it up. Another customer, who had to pay for a purchase was presented with the credit card machine in a plastic bag.

At the butchers, there was a marked line away from the counter so you could not just point at what you wanted. Your purchase was then placed on a table away from the serving area.

In the supermarket there were hardly any trollies left. I assumed the place must be heaving but inside there were fewer people than normal. They must have taken a lot of trollies out of service to stop too many people visiting at one time. I was able to buy everything I needed. There were one or two gaps but I suspect this was just a shelf refilling problem because there were fewer staff. At the till you had to wait at your marked spot until the previous customer had left. All staff were wearing masks and disposable gloves.

It was a sobering experience but at the same time very reassuring that EVERYBODY is taking the situation seriously.

Mum wants me to take her big shopping next week she is well old i said do a list and i will get it but no they might not have what she wants plus she will be getting her hoard of gran kids and great gran kids their Easter eggs don't even get me one anymore.

On the plus side i have been looking out for those idiots that do the so called public auditing videos on you tube , if anyone ever needed a bit of old school policing it is those guys.

Been that board these past few days i have been looking for a cheap used lathe and a milling machine, turn my cupboard into a little metal work shop, i do miss machining, i think i have the skills needed to knock out a few bobbins and stage stands a net spreader or two, maybe even a compact pod if i'm feeling adventuresses, been looking at the Proxxon rage of hobby machines but not too sure if they will run the tools needed to work hard steel, i have found some lovely looking metal stock never seen it used in angling before, too expensive for mass production but it machines really well, just need to find a cheap small machine that will work the metal without the machine turning into a expensive vibrator.

21 minutes ago, Carpbell_ll said:

Mum wants me to take her big shopping next week she is well old i said do a list and i will get it but no they might not have what she wants plus she will be getting her hoard of gran kids and great gran kids their Easter eggs don't even get me one anymore.

On the plus side i have been looking out for those idiots that do the so called public auditing videos on you tube , if anyone ever needed a bit of old school policing it is those guys.

Been that board these past few days i have been looking for a cheap used lathe and a milling machine, turn my cupboard into a little metal work shop, i do miss machining, i think i have the skills needed to knock out a few bobbins and stage stands a net spreader or two, maybe even a compact pod if i'm feeling adventuresses, been looking at the Proxxon rage of hobby machines but not too sure if they will run the tools needed to work hard steel, i have found some lovely looking metal stock never seen it used in angling before, too expensive for mass production but it machines really well, just need to find a cheap small machine that will work the metal without the machine turning into a expensive vibrator.

If you get the gear to make anything that would be interesting to follow 

Good luck with the shopping 

14 minutes ago, commonly said:

NOOOOOOOOO😭😭😭😭😭

Screenshot_20200321-215748.png

As much as it might be a pain in the rear for some I think it's a step in the right direction.  Some people really aren't taking this thing seriously enough. People not following the advice and keeping apart by 2metres etc. The only way this virus stops by no contact.  It's going to get worse before it gets better if you ask me.

I do think people need to start Taking it more seriously tbh my wife is at work now and so stressed about it she is having panic attacks because people are just ignoring all guidelines, they need to statt making the tough calls on work now otherwise it's going to get really out of control, I saw a thing about the guidelines working from home is safe but nothing about goi g to work and the risks it will cause, which let's be honest are massive if people aren't taking it seriously 

4 minutes ago, elmoputney said:

stressed

My mrs is losing it too. She has a few medical professionals in her family and let me tell you the info from them indicates the problem is a lot worse than the government make out.

I saw Putin gave the Russian public a choice. 15 days indoors or 5 years in prison. I bet they're not down the pub!

9 minutes ago, yonny said:

My mrs is losing it too. She has a few medical professionals in her family and let me tell you the info from them indicates the problem is a lot worse than the government make out.

I saw Putin gave the Russian public a choice. 15 days indoors or 5 years in prison. I bet they're not down the pub!

I think it is too, I am trying to stay positive but they need to be firm on the rules of what is acceptable and what isn't,

there isn't any sanitiser at work and by the time you have left the toilet after washing your hands to get back to your work area you will have already touched 5 doors and then I will have to use a shared computer but this is acceptable 🤔 

Have you read the pangolin theory on how it started? 

https://www.forbes.com/sites/brucelee/2020/02/11/did-pangolins-play-a-role-in-the-new-coronavirus-outbreak/

11 minutes ago, commonly said:

I'm in the camp, of it's a natural order knid of thing!! 

I hope the long term effect will be for the greater good of mankind👍

Find a tree and give it a 🤗 

That's fine as long as its not one of your own in the high risk camp, so while you might be fine the people around you spread it too might lose someone they care about 

I take it you mean me to go hug a tree? 

After my heart attack 6months ago I’m high risk,I’m not scared but I am a bit concerned I’ll be honest. My Mrs has been a mess all last wk she’s a natural worrier and her anxiety is thru the roof....... testing times indeed.

40 minutes ago, snowmanstevo said:

After my heart attack 6months ago I’m high risk,I’m not scared but I am a bit concerned I’ll be honest. My Mrs has been a mess all last wk she’s a natural worrier and her anxiety is thru the roof....... testing times indeed.

Stay safe mate, and look after yourself and yours  

I was fine til I got to work today now I am a mess my anxiety is also raised now, too many people aren't following the guidelines seeking hero points for being a rebel getting right on my ninnies tbh, 

38 minutes ago, commonly said:

I meant that I sound like a tree hugger with my statement mate. 

Whilst I don't wish ill to anyone. The only sure thing about life, is that, we all have an end date. I hope to see human nature change for the better on the other side of this🤞🤞

I agree but to be bought on by this virus isn't right that's not when your number should be up, however this thing started, we will probably never find out for sure, but something more sinister wouldn't surprise me, but we shall see, let's hope it does change for the better but I can't help thinking we shall lose more good than bad in this one 

8 minutes ago, crusian said:

Hello Elmo

Very sad to read that your anxiety has flared up .

Have you been given any stress busting exercises to do when your head gets in a mess ? .

😃

Tbh I just tell people what I think 😄

I find that's the best way right or wrong if it bothers me I just say it these days, I've found my moral compass is pretty good so I tend to not say much I regret 👍

19 minutes ago, elmoputney said:

I can't help thinking we shall lose more good than bad in this one 

We've seen the worst in human nature with the denial and panic buying, it's time for the good to show now. Everyone is pulling together and doing their bit in whatever way.

I consider myself very fortunate to still have some freedom and the ability to take my son to the park, without getting close to anyone. 

My thoughts are with those who are suffering around the world and the amazing people who continuously provide care and support for those less fortunate among us.

Be strong and please be safe lads and lasses! 

10 minutes ago, elmoputney said:

Tbh I just tell people what I think 😄

I find that's the best way right or wrong if it bothers me I just say it these days, I've found my moral compass is pretty good so I tend to not say much I regret 👍

Ahh , you don't let stuff fester inside your head ,  you just get it out there ? .

I guess it helps that if your compass is a bit wonky one day you're a big fella .

😁

Edited by crusian
question mark

Just now, crusian said:

Ahh , you don't let stuff fester inside your head ,  you just get it out there .

I guess it helps that if your compass is a bit wonky one day you're a big fella .

😁

It's the only way now, I used to fester and it did me no good, I love a good comedy rant too tbh if you get me going on something I can rant for ages and if you make it funny then that's OK 😁

19 minutes ago, commonly said:

We've seen the worst in human nature with the denial and panic buying, it's time for the good to show now. Everyone is pulling together and doing their bit in whatever way.

I consider myself very fortunate to still have some freedom and the ability to take my son to the park, without getting close to anyone. 

My thoughts are with those who are suffering around the world and the amazing people who continuously provide care and support for those less fortunate among us.

Be strong and please be safe lads and lasses! 

I think the people that are panic buying are doing so because they are scared, I understand people are scared not thinking straight and I can forgive that tbh,but anyone that is profiteering from this or Taking advantage of vulnerable people I have a real problem with tbh , I heard today that people have been spitting at the emergency services, they are the ones trying to help us all and this is how they are treated, I see a lot of positive things too though our village seems to be pulling together really well and helping one another out and lots of good is happening too so there is hope 

Agree stay safe all