Thought of the Day pt.2

greekskii

4 hours ago, muftyboy said:

No compensation, its a public lake, ive been checking every day for the last month on google and nothing came up.

Found one likely spot on the river so will have to give that a go  tomorrow. 

Gut wrenching mate, I hope you get on some fish and catch plenty after all your planning. 👍

12 hours ago, chillfactor said:

Sounds like a bit of a social somewhere to me Mate? 😎

Book it now she can't go back on it then 😂 

Did I hear the word "social"? Up for it wherever, whenever. I do like a social, made several good friends as a direct result of the many I've attended over the years.

Ian

Tried a part of an arm off the main river this morning but it just looked completely devoid of fish.

The main river is raging at the minute and the water is ice cold,  i would imagine its all the melt water from the alps.

Just getting a kebab and gonna have a few beers and put it down to experience.

On 05/04/2019 at 07:33, chillfactor said:

Ended up being a  bit hectic last night with two 30 lb carp & a 35 lb cat , all coming within a few hours off a spot I've been baiting all week but not had a sniff from , so glad I kept a rod on it . As I nearly didn't last night ! 

How's your back Chill. ? , have the muscles relaxed , or are they still locked up ? .

Presumably it was all that long casting and long distance baiting that did it ? .

There's a lot to be said for being rubbish at casting , and sticking to the margins ! .

😁

13 hours ago, crusian said:

How's your back Chill. ? , have the muscles relaxed , or are they still locked up ? .

Presumably it was all that long casting and long distance baiting that did it ? .

There's a lot to be said for being rubbish at casting , and sticking to the margins ! .

😁

Combination of things I think mate .... 12 hour drive there , Bivvy life , lifting heavey fish , weather turned so I was in the Bivvy a bit more too , And my back is knackered Tbh from Years of abuse in the building trade  . Did ease up , but the drive back wasn't easy & painfull .  

Yes mate been to a lot over the years & osteopaths , I've found acupuncture to help me the most . I've had MRI scan & basicly my bottom 3 disks have had had it & I Will be in for  back op when I can't put up with the pain any longer & older to young at the moment apparently .  Will have a look at that machine,  if it's the one I'm thinking of I've had them used on me in the past , size of a small fist & works up & down the spine kneading it as it goes . 

10 hours ago, commonly said:

Have you seen a chiropractor mate?? 

Expensive, but squared me up after years of remedial plastering. Money well spent. 

Or Thumper. Massage machine, £120, amazing bit of kit

10 hours ago, chillfactor said:

Yes mate been to a lot over the years & osteopaths , I've found acupuncture to help me the most . I've had MRI scan & basicly my bottom 3 disks have had had it & I Will be in for  back op when I can't put up with the pain any longer & older to young at the moment apparently .  Will have a look at that machine,  if it's the one I'm thinking of I've had them used on me in the past , size of a small fist & works up & down the spine kneading it as it goes . 

My Wife took pain killers for 9 years for her back , 13 different physios. didn't help , but  4 visits to an Osteopath 5 years ago and has never needed another tablet since - and no pain .

😃

10 hours ago, chillfactor said:

😬 that's described as a grimacing face .

6 hours ago, muftyboy said:

So apparently the lake has cev , but all the dead or dying fish ive seen are mirrors.

The deaths started in january and apparently most of the stock was wiped out within six weeks.

Any ideas , i thought cev only affected common carp.

Where are you now Mufty ? .

1 hour ago, crusian said:

Did you manage to salvage anything from your trip ? .

No mate.

A few hours on the river and then we gave up, 9 foot scopes and 3 ounce leads dont really work well on a river like the rhone.

Its gutting, the lake in question was originally stocked in the 1850s and held carp to over 70lb.

God knows how old some of those fish were.

I found out this afternoon that its all because some sellfish prick put a koi in the lake at some point last year, now all the fish are dead.

Well that was a close one. 

I've spent the morning tidying the fishing shed up, been avoiding it for months. I put some baited rigs (popups) in ziplock bag then into the bin liner to chuck away. 

Anyway job done, decided to sit in the sun and roll up, looked up to the of the garden to my dog sat there chewing something, so I walked closer to see what it was, only to see a swivel hanging from its gob, as I went to grab the dog the whole rig fell from its mouth. 

The little **** chewed through the bin liner, pulled the zip lock bag out, chewed through that and got a rig out, all in the space of 30 seconds or so.

Absolutely bricked it, luckily all rigs were there so I know it hasn't swallowed any. Vet bills was going round in my head 😂😂😂 no more rigs being left with baits on, gonna chop them up put them straight into the black bin next time lol

4 minutes ago, jh92 said:

Well that was a close one. 

I've spent the morning tidying the fishing shed up, been avoiding it for months. I put some baited rigs (popups) in ziplock bag then into the bin liner to chuck away. 

Anyway job done, decided to sit in the sun and roll up, looked up to the of the garden to my dog sat there chewing something, so I walked closer to see what it was, only to see a swivel hanging from its gob, as I went to grab the dog the whole rig fell from its mouth. 

The little **** chewed through the bin liner, pulled the zip lock bag out, chewed through that and got a rig out, all in the space of 30 seconds or so.

Absolutely bricked it, luckily all rigs were there so I know it hasn't swallowed any. Vet bills was going round in my head 😂😂😂 no more rigs being left with baits on, gonna chop them up put them straight into the black bin next time lol

That would of been a nightmare mate, I’m always careful when I leave my gear around the dog as she loves the taste of my boilies 

9 minutes ago, jh92 said:

a swivel hanging from its gob

Lucky dog.

Years ago I was fishing with a mate and I was lining up a cast (a solid bag). I went to hit it and basically the rod wouldn't move. Turned round and my mates rottweiler was chewing away on the bag. Similar story, he got away with it thanks god!

My thought for the day, 

Don't trust no one, not even a "mate". 

Baited up 3 times this week. 12kg of boilie all told. My "mate" was walking the lake one of the times I was baiting up. I turn up this afternoon,  guess where he is? His first words were,  "loads of fish here mate, hope you don't mind" 

What can you say to that ? Words fail me. Not sure if to laugh or cry 😂😪