Thought of the Day pt.2

greekskii

Just now, Highy said:

Sounds abit like some of the old Carp storys from most Carp waters...hear about a big en...then off everyone goes...

But also reminds of the film "Stand by me" 3/4 lads on the hunt for the young boy.

Yeah, if they can capture that magic that we all felt when we went fishing as kids it could be truly brilliant. The brits have always had that cutting edge when it comes to drama so I'm hoping it's a good'n.

Anyone who is driving to france after the 29th of this month will need an idp to do so.

You can pic them up from the post office for £5,50 , just need to take your licence and a passport pic and its done there and then.

If you dont do it before the 29th then you will have to take a theory test and a driving test to be able to get the idp.

I might pop to the post office and enquire but thanks for the heads-up  

The UK gov site always makes things a million times harder and more confusing than it needs to 

I always end up like Daniel Blake if I need to find something out on there does my head in 

if you haven't seen I Daniel Blake it is an excellent film btw, 

Edited by elmoputney

20 hours ago, muftyboy said:

Anyone who is driving to france after the 29th of this month will need an idp to do so.

You can pic them up from the post office for £5,50 , just need to take your licence and a passport pic and its done there and then.

If you dont do it before the 29th then you will have to take a theory test and a driving test to be able to get the idp.

Cheers , Mufty .

👍

10 hours ago, chillfactor said:

Great film .... need to sort out this driving permit going on the 29th  for a week's fishing lol 

Im going on the 5th of april mate. 

Luckily my mate sent me the link yesterday. 

I went to the post office yesterday and they confirmed it was true.

Edited by muftyboy

4 hours ago, muftyboy said:

Im going on the 5th of april mate. 

Luckily my mate sent me the link yesterday. 

I went to the post office yesterday and they confirmed it was true.

Was hoping to have it sorted by now mate,  but had a nightmare last weekend our boiler emptied heating oil all over our down stairs floor . All got to be dug up including the under floor heating walls striped etc . Currently in a holiday let in the next village but looking for a long term rent probably 6 months . 

4 hours ago, chillfactor said:

Was hoping to have it sorted by now mate,  but had a nightmare last weekend our boiler emptied heating oil all over our down stairs floor . All got to be dug up including the under floor heating walls striped etc . Currently in a holiday let in the next village but looking for a long term rent probably 6 months . 

Unlucky mate, sounds like a right nightmare. 

2 hours ago, commonly said:

Unlucky mate, sounds like a right nightmare. 

It is mate being away from the house & yard is not ideal, with the rural crime the way it is.  I chased off two scumbags who had broke into are buildings gone through the cars etc a while back , luckily there were still making piles of what to take so didn't get away with anything really . Back at the yard now installing cameras which I will hopefully be able to view from anywhere.  That hasn't gone to plan though lol the first hard drive I had must of been a return , but they went through the start up and set a password I couldn't get passed so had to swap it . 

Just hope my luck turns sat behind the rods,  for the first time since August in France at the end of next week 😁 saying that though I do get the train 30 mins after brexit :lol:

On 20/03/2019 at 11:52, muftyboy said:

I've got 2 .

The 1949 IDP that covers Spain , Ireland , Malta or Cyprus and lasts for 1 year .

and The 1968 IDP that covers all other E.U. states ( i.e. France ) and lasts 3 years .

😃 

5 hours ago, Highy said:

inCollage_20190330_134425570.thumb.jpg.bc0e1846f26817bed6498a68031eb08f.jpg

Not bad for 4 days work...

Day 1..few pallets home from work and layed a level base.

Day 2 & 3...25 x 3m decking boards gone on with facia too.

Day 4 (today)...3 coats of No Nonsense decking oil...

Below is what will be going back on..

20180727_133215.thumb.jpg.2cc24ef7fb5c00b1bd2146b812d7249c.jpg

You're a clever little devil aren't you , Highy .

I like the look of that jacuzzi to relax in after a stressful days' fishing .

😃

On 31/03/2019 at 10:00, dayvid said:

Youll have to take it all up and insulate between the pallets 🤣

Good job though ,not often you can see into a millionaires garden.

While you're putting the insulation in , Highy , how much will the jacuzzi weigh when it's filled with water ? .

😃