Thought of the Day pt.2

greekskii

It's geared around sealing & protecting natural products  , while keeping that natural look,  so even though I have never used it on a rod it will be perfect for the job . I have used it on cork though & It looked spot on just brought out the natural colour.  Also won't tarnish your hands with any unwanted varnish smells which could end up on your bait .

9 minutes ago, Highy said:

Well...3rd rod top section is back...fully fleged 3 rod setup now...awsome job if i do say so...only took 4 weeks 😂😂

Happy that  you're pleased with the job .

Hopefully out of the 4 weeks you were without the rod the weather was stopping you getting out anyway for some of the time  ? .

😊

6 minutes ago, Dave Hedgehog said:

Perfectly carpy weather and I’m sat on the sofa in my pyjamas drinking a cup of tea. Where has my enthusiasm gone just lately?! Must get out there and make the most of this mild wet weather. Anyone else struggling for motivation so far this year? Only done 2 trips in 2019 and it’s already February.

Not been out since August last year when we had a week in France... didn't think for one minute the  next time I fish will be back there end of March.  

Can't wait 🎣 

if you can get out then make the most of it,  you never know when life throws those hurdles in the way or work goes mad  & fishing is put on the back burner .

9 minutes ago, Dave Hedgehog said:

Perfectly carpy weather and I’m sat on the sofa in my pyjamas drinking a cup of tea. Where has my enthusiasm gone just lately?! Must get out there and make the most of this mild wet weather. Anyone else struggling for motivation so far this year? Only done 2 trips in 2019 and it’s already February.

Exactly same here...all the gear is now 90% ready to go...just need TIME...in middle of all the inside house jobs that need doin while its not best weather...in middle of refurbing bathroom...painted hall stairs landing at weekend...this weekend should see finishing off.

2 hours ago, chillfactor said:

Not been out since August last year when we had a week in France... didn't think for one minute the  next time I fish will be back there end of March.  

Can't wait 🎣 

if you can get out then make the most of it,  you never know when life throws those hurdles in the way or work goes mad  & fishing is put on the back burner .

I know what you mean about the call of fishing in France, Phil. It's addictive. I did Rushes Lake twice last year and this June Alan and I are on Windmill Lakes, just up the road from Rushes. Taking my nephew with us . He'll be celebrating his 40th birthday while we're there.

You'll know all about self-employment being a potential obstacle to fishing in general. I certainly do. It's all about priorities whereas a booked trip to France is a specific and can be worked into the diary.

Ian.

1 minute ago, jh92 said:

Car tax, car insurance, pet insurance, phone bill and vet bills goes out this week. 

Hoping to have 40 left over to buy my permit for the canal and river 😂

Wedding Anniversary...Son birthday...Valentines (what a joke of a day)...all within 3 days of each other...pay day Friday...hotel booking will be done for all 3 with the trimmings...spa session massage jacuzzis steamer 3 course dinner stay over...

May have £1 left 😂😂

12 hours ago, Dave Hedgehog said:

Standard winter mindset innit mate. It's hard work at times.

If there is one weekend we need to be fishing this winter, this next one is it. This big south westerly that's just popped up is with us until Sun/Mon and it's bringing with it double figure temps on Fri/Sat. The north east corner of most lakes will already be a degree or two warmer than the rest of the water as it's been off the back of the cold north easterlys. Now you'll have this new wind turning that corner over big time.

There'll be a few carp caught across the country this weekend I'm sure. Typical I can't be on the bank.

On 06/02/2019 at 07:07, Highy said:

Wedding Anniversary...Son birthday...Valentines (what a joke of a day)...all within 3 days of each other...pay day Friday...hotel booking will be done for all 3 with the trimmings...spa session massage jacuzzis steamer 3 course dinner stay over...

May have £1 left 😂😂

I can just see you and your Son lying there with cucumber slices on your eyes Highy , but I'm not sure what your Wife will be doing while you 2 are enjoying the spa ? .

Me , I got in early before the prices went up for Valentines Day and took my Wife to Wimpy .

😀

3 minutes ago, crusian said:

I can just see you and your Son lying there with cucumber slices on your eyes Highy , but I'm not sure what your Wife will be doing while you 2 are enjoying the spa ? .

Me , I got in early before the prices went up for Valentines Day and took my Wife to Wimpy .

😀

Hahah...he wishes...Monday  is wedding anniversary...Wednesday little ens birthday....Thursday valentines...

So monday me n wife out for Special Brekki before work...then me n her on 16th in the spa jacuzzi n stay over for valentines n anniversary.

A bit hard work while on afternoon (2-10) shift next week...

On 06/02/2019 at 07:07, Highy said:

May have £1 left 😂😂

Fair play mate hope it goes well 😂👍

Had anyone seen some of the new stuff done by ngt? I was down go outdoors yesterday and some of their luggage stuff looks the dogs. I really like the look of the ngt xpr ruck sack. Might be on the to buy list for when I next get paid 😂 

1 hour ago, jh92 said:

Fair play mate hope it goes well 😂👍

Had anyone seen some of the new stuff done by ngt? I was down go outdoors yesterday and some of their luggage stuff looks the dogs. I really like the look of the ngt xpr ruck sack. Might be on the to buy list for when I next get paid 😂 

Ive got the large insulated holdall for bait and terminal and gonna get the next size down for brew bag n stove...at northern angling show with the bivvy light too. 

Screenshot_20190126-135723_Gallery.thumb.jpg.79614d54016ab2fb6af3645bb52f1d49.jpg