Thought of the Day pt.2

greekskii

29 minutes ago, Dannygooner said:

I'd swerve that and go daiwa or shimano.  You can get crosscasts really cheap. They seem the business for the money

They are good reels...BUT.

Me being a tart...starting to go to the Sonikrange.

Rods..Alarms..Pod..Chair..Bed.. Now my rods are cork Handle looking at reels with Wooden handle piece...

3 hours ago, Dannygooner said:

Sorry mate 😂😂. I didn't mean any offence on this water. He just painted a really poor venue. I'm sure it's great lol

Absolutely none taken, I was kidding fella, just flicking on latest activity & nothing new came up for a day!

I've been there twice. On socials with a mate who can't get a ticket on my syndicate. It's a commy water, but has some nice fish, no BS, like a lot of other day tickets I've been to round my way. 

That whole locking the gate thing should go under silly rules really! There's a traveller camps near by, so I guess it's done for a reason. 

I stopped & bought a bacon butty in Clapham Common the other day, there's a little lake for fishing, I thought there's no way I'd do the night on there, but looking at the rules, someone must do. 

Edited by commonly
Omissions

10 minutes ago, dayvid said:

Seems they must be popular as showing out of stock.

Its bizzare that as when i went to order my ESP Syncro for my reels it was showing out of stock...went to the Wigan A.D...had about 20 in stock...the lad said there that it worth just foni g your local store as it maybe the warehouse out of stock and not the branches.

1 hour ago, chillfactor said:

Our first visit this winter .... well the first one we know about !!! , keeps your eyes peeled it's that time of year ! IMG_2597.thumb.jpg.2e07f2f78fdf7b26a1b7555a53bac8cb.jpg

There is absolutely nothing left...doesn't look like a small fish either..🤬🤬🤬 Otters

1 hour ago, commonly said:

Where was that chilly?? 

The owner of the syndicate I joined put nearly a mile of electric fence round the complex to keep them out. I wouldn't have a clue how much it cost but he obviously thought that it was worth it. Seems the best way to keep them out. 

Not far from where i live , not a fishery but a private lake already lost a lot of good fish the past few years . Otter fencing is the only way to be as sure as you can of keeping them out & protecting your fish. But not all lakes can do this. 

We are going to put an electric fence up thus week which might save the odd kill but it's not fool proof , I've got enough spare from my sheep  to set one up , proper otter fencing with an over hang is what you need but we can't do it there due to not owning it outright , just the fish !!!  

42 minutes ago, Dannygooner said:

The awful things I'd like to call many expletives but can't on here, cleaned out local ponds I know last winter. Decimated them. Didn't leave a single carp. I'm an animal and nature lover but something really does need to be done. The fish I found they'd killed they didn't even eat. As though they'd done it for fun . I also found a fully eaten carcas such as the one you photod , last week on a huge bed of water I'm trying my hand at 

Lots of waters with nothing left mate real sorry state of affairs eh ,  laws need to change before it's to late . 

23 hours ago, Dannygooner said:

As I say I'm a nature lover but these things are pests and everywhere. If I was finding fish dead on a lake I owned I'd have no problem taking a rifle to them. I know they were re-introduced to the uk at some point in recent history. A lot of thought went into that decision didn't it 😒. It's hard for me to see any benefit. Maybe someone will tell me there is one? 

As I understand it most of the otters currently decimating fisheries were bred in captivity and illegally released by do-gooders who know very little about. the eco system. Did they ever ask themselves why otters were near extinction? It's called natural selection!

Ian.

On ‎02‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 20:02, Dannygooner said:

As I say I'm a nature lover but these things are pests and everywhere. If I was finding fish dead on a lake I owned I'd have no problem taking a rifle to them. I know they were re-introduced to the uk at some point in recent history. A lot of thought went into that decision didn't it 😒. It's hard for me to see any benefit. Maybe someone will tell me there is one? 

There is a benefit to otters--- meet Lutra, accompanies me to meet school children to teach them the damaged that otters do, after all how else are they meant to learn.

The rest of the time it resides above my toilet where I can admire it whilst peeing.

DSC01325.JPG

Edited by levigsp