Rod Shots

• 2 weeks later...

I AM ACTUALLY OUT ON SATURDAY 🫨🫨🫨🫨

Hoping to add some more content to the pages again, there us a big BUT......

I've only got 1 rod at moment 😔😔

Will be a PVA bag.....so this time of year we're would be best to put it ? Open water, round an island, margin....

6 minutes ago, yonny said:

Wherever you find the carp mate !!

True, goes without say....Carp in this/these lakes are not known for making shows.

I've caught from the lake on the Left from the Red Dot (Boat Ramp) & Red Line (Bird/Duck Feeding Area)....I've fished the Bowl Bank (Green Line).

The lake on the Right I've only fished once, has fewer fish but has the bigger fish and 1 of the fish is on my to catch list (Below) "Half Lin"

Screenshot_20241009_212310_Maps.thumb.jpg.c6b10db7b8043698bbc42e1c6c5f6695.jpg

Screenshot_20241009_213315_Chrome.thumb.jpg.1dccfeef20905de945fd38b8bafbda65.jpg

28 minutes ago, yonny said:

I'd be starting my search here... constant food source for them..... but with one day and one rod to play with I'd not even be tackling up until I'd seen a sign of carp.

That's what I was actually thinking, people are forever feeding the ducksbwith Bread in this area, last time I fished a Nas White coconut wafter and caught, I should be there for 1st light, all gear is practically ready.....PVA Bags mainly filled with crumb boilie, groundbait, Manilla Active Mix and few pellets, all need to is to inject with manilla food liquid.

The duck feeding area on Dinton pastures Black Swan lake would often do bites. After the public had gone you'd see a carpet of bread crumbs on the lake bed but in the morning it looked like a hoover had been through there, not a crumb in sight. 

Personally I'd avoid the pva bags to start with if heading straight to duck feeding area, instead I'd flick out a single with a light lead or a choddy. You don't want to spook any carp with a large splash from a bag as they maybe feeding still on the previous days bread etc. But as Yonny rightly says, on a day session it's all about finding them first. If they're not showing there will still be little signs. These could be small swirls on the surface,  the odd bubble hitting the surface in a certain area or the more obvious signs of big fizzers or coloured water. 

21 hours ago, Higham1987 said:

That's what I was actually thinking, people are forever feeding the ducksbwith Bread in this area, last time I fished a Nas White coconut wafter and caught, I should be there for 1st light, all gear is practically ready.....PVA Bags mainly filled with crumb boilie, groundbait, Manilla Active Mix and few pellets, all need to is to inject with manilla food liquid.

On 09/10/2024 at 19:33, Higham1987 said:

I AM ACTUALLY OUT ON SATURDAY 🫨🫨🫨🫨

Hoping to add some more content to the pages again, there us a big BUT......

I've only got 1 rod at moment 😔😔

Will be a PVA bag.....so this time of year we're would be best to put it ? Open water, round an island, margin....

Really thinking about being out tomorrow now, came home from work at 9.30....and I NEVER do that...

Feel like I've been smashed with a Bulldozer, Raw Throat and No Energy. 

Wife as away from 1pm today and back Tuesday morning, it's the prime time to go, but I just have no energy for it 😔😔

15 hours ago, Higham1987 said:

Really thinking about being out tomorrow now, came home from work at 9.30....and I NEVER do that...

Feel like I've been smashed with a Bulldozer, Raw Throat and No Energy. 

Wife as away from 1pm today and back Tuesday morning, it's the prime time to go, but I just have no energy for it 😔😔

Had the same on Tuesday myself along with 3 work colleagues.  One mate did a covid test and it was positive so guessing we've all got it and you've got the symptoms we've had. Get a test done. 

7 hours ago, emmcee said:

Had the same on Tuesday myself along with 3 work colleagues.  One mate did a covid test and it was positive so guessing we've all got it and you've got the symptoms we've had. Get a test done. 

Well, Fishing went out the window soon as I woke up, proppa bunged up, raw throat, coughing, aching.....also absolutely 🌧 🌧 ing it down (4.20am) this morning, only woke backup at 8.50 🤣🤣

7 hours ago, emmcee said:

I had it the other week, tested Friday after feeling rough Thursday evening, and quite a few of my colleagues did too. Wasn't that pleasant but rather than spreading it with my family and isolating at home,I got out the house after cleaning it before they came home,and I spent 2 nights isolating on the bank, it wasn't easy I would do stuff then have a long rest, but I ploughed through, I even moved to the other end of the lake,that was tough going, but I could've spent 2 nights blanking and when I got a chance to fish for two nights, I couldn't waste it. My family didn't all catch it so we all did OK. 

IMG_20241001_221354_589.thumb.webp.56c76b9ce5a178f1cf2e25b72ebb4b68.webp

9 hours ago, elmoputney said:

I had it the other week, tested Friday after feeling rough Thursday evening, and quite a few of my colleagues did too. Wasn't that pleasant but rather than spreading it with my family and isolating at home,I got out the house after cleaning it before they came home,and I spent 2 nights isolating on the bank, it wasn't easy I would do stuff then have a long rest, but I ploughed through, I even moved to the other end of the lake,that was tough going, but I could've spent 2 nights blanking and when I got a chance to fish for two nights, I couldn't waste it. My family didn't all catch it so we all did OK. 

IMG_20241001_221354_589.thumb.webp.56c76b9ce5a178f1cf2e25b72ebb4b68.webp

Yep. You look full of Covid there mate.

Best place to isolate.

I feel a bit odd myself, might have to try that one on the missus😊

23 hours ago, commonly said:

Yep. You look full of Covid there mate.

Best place to isolate.

I feel a bit odd myself, might have to try that one on the missus😊

I didn't think I could swing that either but he who dares, I think the fresh air did me good much better than staying home feeling sorry for yourself, just go fishing and feel sorry for yourself. And if you catch one it's a nice bonus 😂

IMG_1397.thumb.jpeg.957a3628e8cb49e8c55c213eca695fcb.jpegRods out on my first session of my new campaign water. 

it appeared on my club book, no one knows what’s really in here. No one really fishes it and it was stocked 20yrs ago with 50 or so carp. I saw a 26lb on the bank and that was me sold! Just down for a few hours today to get the eye on the water and the first session ticked off. 

On 12/10/2024 at 02:34, elmoputney said:

I had it the other week, tested Friday after feeling rough Thursday evening, and quite a few of my colleagues did too.

I caught it around 3rd week in July, tested positive for about 6 days and spent another 4 at home until I felt right, just thankful I didn't lose my sense of taste and smell, because I dearly love to eat and drink.  I notice my memory isn't quite as sharp since then, and I may have to wait an hour or day to remember a name or fact that should come easily.  Yesterday I drove to the pharmacy and got a flu shot in the left shoulder, and my 6th covid booster in the right, in and out in 20 minutes, very efficient.

16 minutes ago, buzzbomb said:

I caught it around 3rd week in July, tested positive for about 6 days and spent another 4 at home until I felt right, just thankful I didn't lose my sense of taste and smell, because I dearly love to eat and drink.  I notice my memory isn't quite as sharp since then, and I may have to wait an hour or day to remember a name or fact that should come easily.  Yesterday I drove to the pharmacy and got a flu shot in the left shoulder, and my 6th covid booster in the right, in and out in 20 minutes, very efficient.

Yeah thinking about it I've been pretty slow remembering things and not as sharp as usual, I just thought that was getting older but now I've got an excuse brilliant thanks 😂