New purchases

B B

10 minutes ago, kevtaylor said:

Ordered a power barrow conversion kit for my Mk2 wide boy, might keel over long before it arrives (10-12 weeks),  pushing through sodden ground getting stuck, unloading/re-loading - going again is about killing me off, although each week seems a little easier.

We might get a dry spell soon …

fingers 🤞 

42 minutes ago, framey said:

We might get a dry spell soon …

fingers 🤞 

I hope so the lake is 4ft up at least on last years drought level, the lowest swim is still over a foot under water and no overflow to speed things up a bit.  👎

I was seriously worried about the lack of rain last summer as all the ressies etc were incredibly low, now they're overflowing, happy days!

17 minutes ago, yonny said:

Managed to get hold of a set of original Daiwa GS3000 Whisker's.

Convinced myself I'd sell the SS3000's to fund the purchase but obviously that's just not going to happen😅

Sell stuff we no longer need - crazy talk!  Dont know anything about the reels but sounds important, to be filed under angling archive items/spares, coz you never know and can justify it to anyone who asks 😁

1 hour ago, yonny said:

Managed to get hold of a set of original Daiwa GS3000 Whisker's.

Convinced myself I'd sell the SS3000's to fund the purchase but obviously that's just not going to happen😅

Sell stuff, never gonna happen again:P

Just received my Drop in bag for the Mk2 Wide Boy Barrow and it doesn't fit (or I cannot see how it would) despite my barrow being in the description of suitable barrows.  Totally baffled tbh, are there 2 different Mk2 Wide Boys?  Mines got a bar right in the middle of where the bag would sit.  When I got the barrow it had a bag but you clipped it on from underneath, this seemed much quicker and I like the barrow to fold flat in transit so leaving the bag on doesn't allow that, so I took it off.

Thank fully they sent the wrong colour so it's going back regardless, miffed though coz I wanted one, might have to be the 2 bags either side of the wheel. 

Anyone got any knowledge on this drop in bag issue?

Edited by kevtaylor

4 minutes ago, ouchthathurt said:

Latest purchase, 4.5 and 5oz breakaway leads and plain leads. Some 2/0 hooks, 60lb greased weasel, double slim crimps and some Gemini links 

time to go after a few bass I think 

Coming out to peelers this way ATM 

few reports of some smoothies being caught also 

might take my shrimping net out and see if I can get some of them this weekend and take a light rod with me.

Edited by framey

4 hours ago, ouchthathurt said:

Latest purchase, 4.5 and 5oz breakaway leads and plain leads. Some 2/0 hooks, 60lb greased weasel, double slim crimps and some Gemini links 

I've been chasing rays, had a few up to 7lb.

I do use plenty of Sakuma 503's in 3/0 for them, 50lb Grey Weasel as I also use it for rigs with the rays, although I go clear Amnesia for bass, oh yes, and I got some more Lead link imps and Gemini oval clips.

Off for a couple of days in May to Costa La Tenby so hopefully get some mackerel and even more hopefully a Bass or two…..note to self wear sunglasses when browsing the lure selection 

IMG_0515.jpeg

1 hour ago, salokcinnodrog said:

I've been chasing rays, had a few up to 7lb.

I do use plenty of Sakuma 503's in 3/0 for them, 50lb Grey Weasel as I also use it for rigs with the rays, although I go clear Amnesia for bass, oh yes, and I got some more Lead link imps and Gemini oval clips.

I had a bike ride after work today over to a place I like to sea fish this summer needed to see it at low water. Seen the price of grip leads in the tackle shop today they’re gone up in price since the 80’s  🤔  …I borrow a mould from a mate and knock out some. 
Well done on the catch of Rays. 👍

Oh and not forgetting 25kilos of boilies, in freezer and shelf life, RH The Nutty Bait, and a tub of 15mm matching pop-ups, it has a lovely smell, soft crumbly texture that should breakdown fairly quickly.

37 minutes ago, B B said:

I had a bike ride after work today over to a place I like to sea fish this summer needed to see it at low water. Seen the price of grip leads in the tackle shop today they’re gone up in price since the 80’s  🤔  …I borrow a mould from a mate and knock out some. 
Well done on the catch of Rays. 👍

There are a couple of pics a few pages ago.

6 hours ago, ouchthathurt said:

The bass have started showing in Suffolk, so I'll be chasing them as well. I've got a freezer full of mackeral and herring which are being added to squid on the hooks for whatever seems and likes it.

That's cheaper to use up some pike deadbaits than be buying lug and ragworm as I can't dig anymore.