New purchases

B B

On 16/06/2024 at 22:01, salokcinnodrog said:

If I go mail order for anything I will only use them and The Tackle Box

On 16/06/2024 at 17:06, framey said:

Johnson Ross are one of the best 

On 14/06/2024 at 16:33, salokcinnodrog said:

After a weld broke on my Sonik SK-Tec chair mid session I had to buy a new one online. Poetic justice in a way as I didn't like how the locking legs didn't...

CH04

Solar SP C-Tech Recliner Chair Low-with arms CLEARANCE DEAL £99.99, they were around £180.

I know its a low chair, but needs must and other than a normal deck type chair which I will get for taking to the beach, the Solar is the best available.

Johnson Ross got the order around 15.00 hours Friday, and delivery has already been quoted by Fed-ex as between 08.20 and 12.20 Monday!

That is some service.

I'm upset, I mean, they said 08.20 and it was 09.50.😆

Fed-ex usually deliver at the first time mentioned, not within the time bracket.

Seriously, that is some service from Johnson Ross, and to be honest from Fed-ex. I know the depot is not in Ipswich so fair play.

15 hours ago, kevtaylor said:

A set of Fox RX+ alarms, finally given up on the Delks, after no bleeps on a take last week it was the final straw - no more worrying about rain, humidity or them just not feeling like working.

Hopefully less false bleeps too - win win 😁👍

Welcome to the club mate.

I had three water ingress issues with my Delks, the last of which occurred at 2am in the rain on a very, very cold February night on the Mill. I literally got on my phone and ordered some Fox's right there and then.

Seven years later the Fox's are still going strong with no issues whatsoever.

1 hour ago, yonny said:

I had three water ingress issues with my Delks, the last of which occurred at 2am in the rain on a very, very cold February night on the Mill. I literally got on my phone and ordered some Fox's right there and then.

Couldn't help but notice how much lighter the pod/bars bag felt after swapping them over last night.

They're mega - right choice - cheers mate 👌

21 hours ago, kevtaylor said:

A set of Fox RX+ alarms, finally given up on the Delks, after no bleeps on a take last week it was the final straw - no more worrying about rain, humidity or them just not feeling like working.

I gave up on my delks because of the same thing, when it rained, they all packed up. I dried them out, sprayed them all over with WD40, wiped off the excess and left them to dry. That solved it after a fashion for a few weeks. 

went back to Steve neville buzzers… 

now if I could just work out how to stop them cracking at the base I’d be happy! 

22 hours ago, kevtaylor said:

1 hour ago, ouchthathurt said:

I gave up on my delks because of the same thing, when it rained, they all packed up. I dried them out, sprayed them all over with WD40, wiped off the excess and left them to dry. That solved it after a fashion for a few weeks. 

went back to Steve neville buzzers… 

now if I could just work out how to stop them cracking at the base I’d be happy! 

6 hours ago, yonny said:

Weird how some cause grief, yet for others including myself, never had a problem.

Incidentally, "no bleeps on a take", that can happen on a drop back, no matter what alarm, and the cause is apparently water resistance and heavy indicators preventing the alarm sounding.

I was actually talking to a friend this week about the very issue, and I think the name he mentioned was Martin Crackoff on YouTube where the heavy indicators were deadening indication, so the answer was actually to go light.

We don't help ourselves with semi-fixed leads!

3 minutes ago, salokcinnodrog said:

Weird how some cause grief, yet for others including myself, never had a problem.

Incidentally, "no bleeps on a take", that can happen on a drop back, no matter what alarm, and the cause is apparently water resistance and heavy indicators preventing the alarm sounding.

I was actually talking to a friend this week about the very issue, and I think the name he mentioned was Martin Crackoff on YouTube where the heavy indicators were deadening indication, so the answer was actually to go light.

We don't help ourselves with semi-fixed leads!

If you dont get a single bleep when the hangers off completely and line out the clip the alarm is not fit for purpose regardles of lead set-up or hanger weight.

But I do understand that some have no issues, my left one in particular was a pain from day 1, but all suffered from the issues raised.

The only suprise for me was how long it took me to throw in the towel.

Was "Given" a Bivvy + Wrap, the fella said he has misplaced the pole for the Bivvy Peak, so thought could use as a Day shelter and Sell the Wrap....

Upon setting up yesterday I found the Pole, told him and he wasn't bothered, so up for sale it went and sold a few hours later....

So that's the Airport money for Wednesday (Holiday to Egypt).

Fresh line for the "big rods" - 12 footers. 18lb GT-HD. And some 12lb technium for the floater rod.

All ready for Sapphire lake exclusive social on Sunday.

48 hours with the fellas from carotips for £60. May be a space left if anyone's interested 🎣😁

On 20/06/2024 at 14:30, kevtaylor said:

👀

I know I said I was done with spending but come on.... 🤩

Screenshot_20240620_142912_Gallery.thumb.jpg.3051bbcd5d9ff063c6d5af48d9afbbce.jpg

I'm still using my Aqua rod sling that I got 20years ago.

I hope the new stuff is as durable as it was back then, although the plastic lining is starting to crack and flake.

28 minutes ago, dalej2014 said:

Fresh line for the "big rods" - 12 footers. 18lb GT-HD. And some 12lb technium for the floater rod.

All ready for Sapphire lake exclusive social on Sunday.

48 hours with the fellas from carotips for £60. May be a space left if anyone's interested 🎣😁

I have to do line AGAIN.

Our friend Esox took a lot of line off the reel when it got tangled up in it, at least 50metres and above that I ended up with tooth fragged sections, so it's replace it.

I'm not 100% on the durability of Daiwa Sensor in heavy weed full of snail, I've just taken off the line from 3 Shimano Beastmasters, and it does not feel 'clean'. It could be me, but saying that I was frequently replacing it twice a year anyway.

So the replacement is back to Gardner Pro light. The last time I used that it lasted 3 years...

On 19/06/2024 at 16:04, framey said:

Finally should be getting the boat out this weekend if the weather stays good 👍

so will be getting some peelers if there’s any fresh ones about but I have some frozen ones if I can’t find any.

Hounds are about..

If you can't get any crab then whole king prawn are just as good in my opinion. Had 10 hounds in 3 hours on the south coast Friday night all in prawn. 

4 hours ago, emmcee said:

If you can't get any crab then whole king prawn are just as good in my opinion. Had 10 hounds in 3 hours on the south coast Friday night all in prawn. 

Grandson decided he wanted to go crabbing off the boat instead 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️

had 17 lol

this weekend just me and the wife so fingers crossed out again..

On 19/06/2024 at 20:46, jh92 said:

Well...

20240619_195245.thumb.jpg.3ada7001a93b3f0cfd4a452cfdaaf5eb.jpg

18mm roller, 8kg extruder & auto cutter 🤙

Hopefully have it going by the weekend, just need to sort an air compressor out 👍

Took a while to sort out because of work etc. But have pretty much everything sorted now (dough mixer next on the list lol)

Just washed the extruder and gave the roller a wipe down to get the factory residue off, got a batch of basemix weighed up, so will be rolling in the next hour or so. Will post some updates. Hopefully it goes well 👍🤣

2 hours ago, jh92 said:

Took a while to sort out because of work etc. But have pretty much everything sorted now (dough mixer next on the list lol)

Just washed the extruder and gave the roller a wipe down to get the factory residue off, got a batch of basemix weighed up, so will be rolling in the next hour or so. Will post some updates. Hopefully it goes well 👍🤣

Good luck

On 25/06/2024 at 10:19, emmcee said:

£10.00 for three bags of whole king prawn with the shells on, cracking bait mate, the amount of blood that comes out these is unreal. Screenshot_20240628_154420_Photos.thumb.jpg.482b82e3fbb9e72b5670c9b49e8c675e.jpg

53 minutes ago, framey said:

Good luck

Well that was chaotic, took a few attempts getting it all lined up correctly to auto cut the sausage etc 🤣🤣🤣

I've learnt a lot in the last hour, the machine is quick and I was not prepared for how quick the tray filled up with baits and getting them into the other trays before the next lot came out the machine 🤦‍♂️🤣

The machine came with a precut nozzle but will need to cut a new one for future use as the one it came with is producing dumbells at the moment lol 

Not a problem tho cos they will be going out by boat/spomb 👍

Been boiling them on the cooker until the first few float then putting them into trays to dry, but it's a slow process so gonna need to get a burco or maybe a fryer 🤔

Anyway I'm happy with it, just need to get a routine sorted and it will produce a lot of bait in no time 👍👍👍

20240628_160640.thumb.jpg.295e9948d56fb853fc203c10f3cf62ea.jpg20240628_160619.thumb.jpg.df6f6f1c0a02cc7b6bf78872161fc1ba.jpg20240628_160630.thumb.jpg.a0e0783bd51b3b4a6b13044c6b3699df.jpg

I mentioned the Solar chair last week (?)

It got its first outing this week, and I like it!

It is not as low as I was expecting and the extending legs are good. Get the back level, and to extend the legs, push the button and they automatically extend to full.

I've put full weight on it, on uneven ground, and the legs stay in place.

The added head rest cushion, attached by a locking strap is a nice touch, although I've taken it off.

Screenshot_20240628-193040_Gallery.jpg