Back to pastures old

elmoputney

1 hour ago, elmoputney said:

Good luck, 

I didn't have any tbh, nothing doing today,had a good look about didn't see anything, in hindsight rushing into a night without a plan or clue where they might be isn't the best idea as winter approaches, I've been told I should  hang the rods up for this year anyway, I'm starting to agree, I didn't fish well at all 😂had a nice curry and bailicks though so it was alright 😊

Need to sort all my kit out and have a good clean up anyway, and then I can start planning trying to catch more in 2021 than I did this year 🤔

I’m not hanging my rods up yet I’m to stubborn plus I’m starting to get into this camping lark 😂😂😂

10 minutes ago, Highy said:

Me to, but will be 21 when I'm next out. 

I’m off Sunday fingers crossed try an get one on the bank from this park lake there’s other easy lakes I can have one or two from but the buzz wouldn’t be the same plus everyone keeps telling me it don’t fish in the winter but I’ve lost one to a hook pull allready so I’m going to stick at it

1 hour ago, Carpmaster said:

I’m off Sunday fingers crossed try an get one on the bank from this park lake there’s other easy lakes I can have one or two from but the buzz wouldn’t be the same plus everyone keeps telling me it don’t fish in the winter but I’ve lost one to a hook pull allready so I’m going to stick at it

Good luck for Sunday, you still have every chance...I will probably only stop when the water is frozen and then fish again when it thaws.. the last two or three weeks have been fantastic fishing for me, even on difficult waters.

• 3 months later...

About time to get my actual fishing head back on I think, I haven't been since December 😳

I'm not going to lie I haven't really missed it that much, haven't had time or the energy, it's starting to not feel like a bad time to start firing in a few freebies out though so I may get my prebaiting hat on again and start getting ready for a couple of overnighters and prepping some spots, ready for action, need to sort my stuff out respool my reels, and get spot finding and airbombing, hopefully I can find a couple of windows for this next week, so far I've thought about it a few times, but it has always seemed to be raining and cold when I get the chance, I'm just not that hardcore at the moment 😂

Anyway hopefully this year will be a good one for us all and we can all catch some whackers, 

I've almost planted the seed of a 48 hour session to the misses as it will be my birthday in April, I started thinking about all the stuff I could do, like reel the rods in, go for a walk about, drink a beer in the morning, afternoon nap and those kind of treats I don't normally get to enjoy, if I catch something it will be a bonus but I'm just gonna relax the Heck out of it and switch off from the world for 2 whole days csmt wait 😂

3 minutes ago, elmoputney said:

Feels a long time coming, can't wait to just switch off and hear nothing but nature again, I think I may even start baiting up soon 🤔 

I was thinking the same, but with the amount of Noddys that will be out, I don't think I'd end up on top of it, so will just fish for a bite at a time to start off with... Booked on for Good Friday 24hr, 11th April 24hr.

Edited by Highy

24 minutes ago, Carpmaster said:

Enjoy and make the most of it fingers crossed I might get a day out but I doubt it misses dog ain’t well vets today I’m hoping she gets better she’s my misses life

Hope gets better soon, Dogs can be like a member of the famy, treat mine like he's my son.. 

Just now, Highy said:

Hope gets better soon, Dogs can be like a member of the famy, treat mine like he's my son.. 

we do too this dog means more to the misses than I do but I understand that they think she has cushings disease but come down this morning and she’s covered in lumps all over her as tho a swarm of mozzies have been at her luv her

12 hours ago, Carpmaster said:

She had a severe reaction to a bite

I hope she's gets better soon mate, I know what you're going through, we almost lost our fella last summer but he fought back and survived, They are part of the family and its a massive loss when they go, just like any other member of your family. Fingers crossed for you and your family mate.🤞

5 hours ago, finchey said:

I hope she's gets better soon mate, I know what you're going through, we almost lost our fella last summer but he fought back and survived, They are part of the family and its a massive loss when they go, just like any other member of your family. Fingers crossed for you and your family mate.🤞

Thank you kindly finchy they certainly are mate

• 2 weeks later...

I went for a walk round there yesterday, still quite flooded and unfishable in some places, I've got a 48 hour session starting Sunday and I can't wait, it was cold yesterday and I didn't see a lot but we can but try, I'm gonna Try and prebait a couple of spots thursday, see if I can't make something happen, not confident but hopeful 😂

1 hour ago, elmoputney said:

I went for a walk round there yesterday, still quite flooded and unfishable in some places, I've got a 48 hour session starting Sunday and I can't wait, it was cold yesterday and I didn't see a lot but we can but try, I'm gonna Try and prebait a couple of spots thursday, see if I can't make something happen, not confident but hopeful 😂

When I was out at weekend, very nice n sunny but it looked like the fish were just trying to warm up, not taking anything off top at all, no bread, no pop ups, no biscuits... Did sort of find there patrolling route of the lake, so this weekend I'm out Sunday for a 24hr.

50 minutes ago, Highy said:

When I was out at weekend, very nice n sunny but it looked like the fish were just trying to warm up, not taking anything off top at all, no bread, no pop ups, no biscuits... Did sort of find there patrolling route of the lake, so this weekend I'm out Sunday for a 24hr.

I might even do a little day session Thursday then I can find 3 spots clip all the rods up and bait them them all, and all I have to do Sunday is turn up and chuck em out makes sense I guess 😊