September catches.

finchey

Well done all šŸ˜Ž

I blankedĀ šŸ™ˆĀ Had one of those sessions that anything that could go wrong did lol . Just hope that's out the way in readiness for France.Ā  Did manage 2 bites onĀ last morning after working hard for a few days,Ā  only to get cut off with the first one & got done with a drop back bite on the second right on last knockings.... just to rubĀ in lol .

Still had a great time with good friends though & a much needed chill outĀ 

13 hours ago, elmoputney said:

It's been a learning curve and Ive learnt a lot from it and I think things have changed since I was last fishing tbh, I never even worried about otters before,but I do think there visits play a part in fishes behavior and that has added to the pressure for me also as every little difference must make them nervous as hell, also with 2 little ones at home I don't really have time to be a bivvy tramp and I think that would be the way to do it,

I think I want a reasonably stocked lake say 50-100 fish with a fence that's still a challenge but one where I have a chance if I work hard at it, we shall see what turns upĀ 

It's tough fishing waters getting ottered mate ,been there & got the t-shirt nothing left in any of them now.Ā  Move on ,Ā take it from me it only gets tougher & tougher & I'm not just talking the fishing .... it fry's your brain in lots of waysĀ šŸ¤ÆĀ watching a lake die off is not a good thing for us anglers & leaves a hollow feeling when it's been part of your angling for years . This was a peach of a common & before I had gone grey lol looking at the photoĀ 

FB_IMG_1531605418704.thumb.jpg.5ea02bece8875f9f8398e10f01163c51.jpg

1 minute ago, Dannygooner said:

Least it didnā€™t snapĀ and get stuck in the fishā€™ mouth. Fox, Chub, Korda, drennan all make pre tied. I use them sometimes much to the dismay of these lot in here probably. šŸ˜‚. Never had one let me down.Ā 

the one good thing about it..yeah think i'll be sticking to the good ones for now

8 hours ago, yonny said:

Nice common from a morning session yesterday.

20190927_080943.jpg

Nice chunky common mate.

Big blank for me. Normally the lake I fish, you get big shows early morning,Ā  i was glued to the lake and didn't see a single fish show in the 2 nights. Not a good sign after the water tests we had done shined a light on an issue. Hope the water quality recovers quickly.Ā  Still I've got a week down the coast next week and after this weeks big winds I might be a bit luckier.Ā 

Well done Yonny Inspiring stuff and a couple of nice short session bangers and well done everyone else this month,Ā 

Just going back to my recent loss of faith and wobbles I think I've decided to get back on with it now, I think sharing my thoughts with you guys has helped make it less foggy, I know it's going to be tough but until April I have a ticket that should still give me a chance to get it right once i hope and that you as always my intention for this year, next year I will see what's available Ive been putting my name down on a few places so will see where I end up then ,Ā 

Thanks allĀ 

10 hours ago, elmoputney said:

Just going back to my recent loss of faith and wobbles I think I've decided to get back on with it now, I think sharing my thoughts with you guys has helped make it less foggy

Carp fishing is a simple game and it's easy to forget that. Remember, all you need to do is find fish and present a bait to them. If you can do that, anything is possible. When you're back on the hard lake you must analyse what you're doing. Picking a swim andĀ sitting in it with the rods out is not enough. Spend your time looking, searching, watching. At some point the carp will tell you where you need to be. Once you know that the battle is half wonšŸ‘šŸ‹

8 hours ago, yonny said:

Carp fishing is a simple game and it's easy to forget that. Remember, all you need to do is find fish and present a bait to them. If you can do that, anything is possible. When you're back on the hard lake you must analyse what you're doing. Picking a swim andĀ sitting in it with the rods out is not enough. Spend your time looking, searching, watching. At some point the carp will tell you where you need to be. Once you know that the battle is half wonšŸ‘šŸ‹

It's quite funny how complicated you can make carp fishing sometimes isn't it, when I first started many moons ago, I learnt how to pretty much catch the big ones from small ponds and in the end found it easy as abc, when I've had a couple of hours on the club lake Ive done exactly that and caught conconsistently but I think I've been making things way too complex elsewhere , it's only an 8 acre pond isn't itĀ  šŸ˜

Edited by elmoputney

Morning appointment out of the way decided to go bait up at the local for a little session tomorrow,it was a lovely morning up our way so decided to take a rod with me as I had a few hrs and the wet weather wasnā€™t due till 3ish ( it was spot on as well,rain started at 3)

Plonked rod on my spot and ended up with 2 and lost 1 more than happy with that. Didnā€™t take my self take stuff so pic are from videos recorded with my phone on my bucket šŸ™„šŸ™„šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚

A very enjoyable 4 hrs šŸ˜¬šŸ˜ŽšŸŽ£

72C0DF6F-1D19-4DF2-B657-868E598AF90B.jpeg

73B58B1C-DCFC-453F-85AD-721609162E26.jpeg

20 hours ago, snowmanstevo said:

Morning appointment out of the way decided to go bait up at the local for a little session tomorrow,it was a lovely morning up our way so decided to take a rod with me as I had a few hrs and the wet weather wasnā€™t due till 3ish ( it was spot on as well,rain started at 3)

Plonked rod on my spot and ended up with 2 and lost 1 more than happy with that. Didnā€™t take my self take stuff so pic are from videos recorded with my phone on my bucket šŸ™„šŸ™„šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚

A very enjoyable 4 hrs šŸ˜¬šŸ˜ŽšŸŽ£

72C0DF6F-1D19-4DF2-B657-868E598AF90B.jpeg

73B58B1C-DCFC-453F-85AD-721609162E26.jpeg

Mate,Ā 

After everything that has gone your way recently you deserve some decent time fishing, nice result