May catches

salokcinnodrog

Well I've been fishing a bit this past week with Big Dave and Andy.

Dave is the guy I jumped in to save his life, and Andy is his driver.

We all had plenty of fish this week, although Friday was slow for me.

Bearing in mind Andy hasn't been fishing since he was a lot younger and never 'carp' fished, he had a few fish bream and carp topping it off with a pb carp of 5lb.

Dave found that Method feeder at Bromeswell has really been the method, work a spot up. He had plenty topped off with a 9 1/2lb common from Willow lake.

The fish pictured for both of them is not the biggest.

I struggled on Friday, only a couple of fish, but the other 2 days I lost count, again double being the largest. All mine came on Juicy Pineapple pop-ups over Ballistic B boilies.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

1 hour ago, emmcee said:

Popped into my lake after work today knowing where the fish would be in these conditions which resulted in this 23lb 12oz mirror 

IMGP1059.JPG

That’s a stunner mate lovely colours. It’s been a good month for you. Best looking fish I’ve seen for a while.

Edited by Dave Hedgehog

My favourite fish of the day today, taken by one of my favourite methods, the floating bait.

I had a dog biscuit suspended from the rod tip, on a size 12 hook when this beauty took the bait. I'd been putting in mixers and bread right next to the staging to get the take.

I did have a few more on The Method, but nothing as good looking.

Biggest 8lb

Big Dave managed a few as well

image.jpeg