Thought of the Day pt.2

greekskii

2 hours ago, emmcee said:

My thought for the day, 

Don't trust no one, not even a "mate". 

Baited up 3 times this week. 12kg of boilie all told. My "mate" was walking the lake one of the times I was baiting up. I turn up this afternoon,  guess where he is? His first words were,  "loads of fish here mate, hope you don't mind" 

What can you say to that ? Words fail me. Not sure if to laugh or cry 😂😪

And he's a mate. 😠

I'd choose my mates more carefully in the future. 👍 

Something from bivvy tramps that stuck with me 

If you know it's being prebaited it's poaching , if you don't know it's good angling 

Your so called mate has poached your good angling and hard work, does he know what bait you use ? 

They are the risks of prebaiting though but knowing you have been is a low blow in my opinion, hope you go and catch more than him 

22 hours ago, emmcee said:

My thought for the day, 

Baited up 3 times this week. 12kg of boilie all told. My "mate" was walking the lake one of the times I was baiting up. I turn up this afternoon,  guess where he is? His first words were,  "loads of fish here mate, hope you don't mind" 

A mate would of called first to let you know the fish are on your bait , it then would of been your call to make , but as you were obviously heading up there.  You would of told him to find his own fish lol ! 

Prebaiting is always a difficult one , we've all fished someone else's  prebaited spots without knowing that's for sure , probably accounts for more red letter days than we would like to admit  😜

On ‎12‎/‎04‎/‎2019 at 20:08, emmcee said:

My thought for the day, 

I know its only fishing not life or death , but he is no mate of yours no matter how you feel about him, to do that is a pure case of I dont give a toss about you  , not sure what I would have done , but I doubt it would have ended well for either of us 

On 12/04/2019 at 23:02, finchey said:

And he's a mate. 😠

I'd choose my mates more carefully in the future. 👍 

On 13/04/2019 at 07:29, Dannygooner said:

You should of said I hope you don’t mind swimming..........😡

You're a better man than he will ever be , Emmcee , he deserved a right slap .

5 hours ago, dayvid said:

I know its only fishing not life or death , but he is no mate of yours no matter how you feel about him, to do that is a pure case of I dont give a toss about you  , not sure what I would have done , but I doubt it would have ended well for either of us 

I think I would have had a hissy fit and made a fool of myself .

😢

On 12/04/2019 at 20:08, emmcee said:

That's difficult mate.

Whenever I'm fishing a water with mates we have an agreement that any/every spot/swim is fair game. End of the day you can only fish for what you can see and if the fish are clearly having it off somewhere I'll fish for them regardless of who's been baiting where. Likewise my friends. It's the only fair way imo - it's not right that you feel you shouldn't fish certain swims because others have been baiting them. You end up with each angler having their own baited spot and it becomes a bait-and-wait situation, that's not what angling is about for me.

I truly feel for you buddy but at the same time if your mate finds them lumping out in a given swim he's hardly going to go down the other end of the lake. Is it really fair to ask him to?

7 minutes ago, yonny said:

Whenever I'm fishing a water with mates we have an agreement that any/every spot/swim is fair game. End of the day you can only fish for what you can see and if the fish are clearly having it off somewhere I'll fish for them regardless of who's been baiting where. Likewise my friends.

That makes it sound a bit like a license to stitch each other up but it's actually the opposite - I'll explain:

If you're baiting a spot and the carp get on it big time, someone will eventually clock them. An angler that isn't your mate might have no idea it's been baited, he'll jump in there and have it off and he's done absolutely nothing wrong. The swim is therefore only off limits to your mates, those that you are closest to. You're kinda inadvertently stitching them up.

8 hours ago, yonny said:

That's difficult mate.

Whenever I'm fishing a water with mates we have an agreement that any/every spot/swim is fair game. End of the day you can only fish for what you can see and if the fish are clearly having it off somewhere I'll fish for them regardless of who's been baiting where. Likewise my friends. It's the only fair way imo - it's not right that you feel you shouldn't fish certain swims because others have been baiting them. You end up with each angler having their own baited spot and it becomes a bait-and-wait situation, that's not what angling is about for me.

I truly feel for you buddy but at the same time if your mate finds them lumping out in a given swim he's hardly going to go down the other end of the lake. Is it really fair to ask him to?

I totally agree mate. Yes I was peeved but not the end of the world. More to worry about in life than a swim. I soon got over it.  End of the day we all pay the same money so can fish what ever swim we like. Normally some etiquette or decency is shown but not on this occasion. 

Me and a few friends used to ring each other if we saw them lumping out on each other's pre-baited areas to let them know the fish were there if they could get down to the lake, it was then up to them to give the nod for you to fish it if you couldn't, but we all felt the same and rarely did even with the green light. We'd all want the one who's put the effort in to catch the fish. We did largely have the pit to ourselves though around a few day members.

3 hours ago, Highy said:

Dilema...🤔🤔🤔

Do i fish a 24hr Carp match or fish a lake with plenty of potential to catch my 1st 20lber ???

Sunday 5th May

It would be the temptation of  maybe catching a 20 for me mate. 👍

But everyone is different that's the beauty of fishing. 😀

What ever you decide on enjoy mate. 👍 

7 minutes ago, snowmanstevo said:

Gotta be a big un,mate. What water are you fishing,if you don’t mind me asking.

Well...there's 2 now...Fan lodge in Wigan n theres a few 20's been out in past week...Mere Lane in Burscough (near southport) only small but around 20ft in places, ive always had doubles from there but also a few 20's been out recently....also a Sturgeon (Percy) around 33lb mark.

38 minutes ago, Highy said:

Well...there's 2 now...Fan lodge in Wigan n theres a few 20's been out in past week...Mere Lane in Burscough (near southport) only small but around 20ft in places, ive always had doubles from there but also a few 20's been out recently....also a Sturgeon (Percy) around 33lb mark.

Never been there mate,good luck. Did you ever consider on getting a lymm card,mate. I seem to recall that you was after some Catfish. ?