Rod Shots

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Couple of shots from my recent 5 night blank on Swan Lake, Bluebell.  A case of so near yet so far, the fish were smashing naturals in a tennis court sized area, moved to get the traps closer but chose a bad spot (felt feint gravel but the rods came back with a little silk weed on each) at ranges I shouldn't have been fishing so couldn't check the rods once in place - bad move in hindsight, thought I was being clever. 🤦‍♂️

Screenshot_20240909_160703_Gallery.thumb.jpg.529d495653a3753130f99d4da9927dca.jpg

Screenshot_20240909_160836_Gallery.thumb.jpg.3976bb35e3c5a46c3ab28aab36a9f213.jpg

Edited by kevtaylor

46 minutes ago, elmoputney said:

Still love them, they have been perfect, they did get a bit dirty after that rain, must give them a clean. 

I think it’s called “Carpy looking” when they get dirty. 

Il be taking two of the 8k’s sea fishing soon. Got two spare spools the deep ones that come with the reels load them up with line and shock leaders … did you manage to get shallow spools after ?

15 hours ago, B B said:

Il be taking two of the 8k’s sea fishing soon. Got two spare spools the deep ones that come with the reels load them up with line and shock leaders … did you manage to get shallow spools after ?

I could've but I already had one extra deep spool so I just went with an extra deep one and will get another deep one, once they have backing they are just like shallow spools really anyway. Then I'll have 2 sets one for 15lb gt80+ for weed/snag fishing and probably some thinner katran stuff for casting a bit further in less weedy conditions lol. 

16 hours ago, elmoputney said:

Still love them, they have been perfect, they did get a bit dirty after that rain, must give them a clean. 

15 hours ago, B B said:

Mine need a good clean, for some reason the splash and detritus from silkweed has made my reels absolutely filthy.

That will get done this week when I replace the line with Fresh co-polymer line (Gardner Pro light) after pike fragging it (yet) again. I'd like to go fluorocarbon but I'm not spending silly money to have pike go through it.

58 minutes ago, salokcinnodrog said:

Mine need a good clean, for some reason the splash and detritus from silkweed has made my reels absolutely filthy.

That will get done this week when I replace the line with Fresh co-polymer line (Gardner Pro light) after pike fragging it (yet) again. I'd like to go fluorocarbon but I'm not spending silly money to have pike go through it.

Have you tried gt80+that's a copolymer and it sinks like a brick. 

23 minutes ago, elmoputney said:

Have you tried gt80+that's a copolymer and it sinks like a brick. 

As good as it is, it's too thick at 0.40mm for casting any distance.

The 15lb Pro is copolymer and I can get well over 100metres if I need to.

Whatever line doesn't take well to pikes teeth if the blighters decide to have a play. One of the other members lost around 80metres of braid a few weeks ago after he cast at a show, and a pike in the margins swam through his line, fragging and eventually biting him off.