New purchases

B B

23 hours ago, Highy said:

Don't think Sonik ever told any 1 about this, but they Cyamge there material on then1st edition bivvys,  that's why I've ended up with 2 skins for the bivvy i got off a mate.

He bought his the week they came out.

Screenshot_20240108_104503_YouTube.thumb.jpg.27d08fbce5b722341680b4e88caac4be.jpg

The rear windows had no cover when rolled up.

When I got mine I noticed it.

Screenshot_20240108_104739_YouTube.thumb.jpg.e776ca89a18c8cbbb8cb47b9476f314f.jpg

So I contacted sonik and the sent him a full new Bivvy System Skin.

On 08/01/2024 at 10:32, elmoputney said:

I would probably be a good mate, as you never know when you need one. But would he return them to you? 

You have PM thanks 

Just swapped over the old Bivvy Skin for the New 1....looks like a Brand New Bivvy Now 😁😁, just need clean the Groundsheet.

Screenshot_20240109_103401_Gallery.thumb.jpg.fb07cdc946644fcf787ef68531fb538f.jpg

worst bit of the bivvy was the Storm Pole attachments, abit of a clean with WD40 n a toothbrush, dried before going back in bag.

Screenshot_20240109_103411_Gallery.thumb.jpg.5e343aab089b5b2f0a0156b747f56492.jpg

Was left over with the below, Full Bivvy Skin, Full Front, Extra door options, Zip Bivvy Bag.

Screenshot_20240109_103420_Gallery.thumb.jpg.f18f5fac56ad7a9ff6a8b7b7796bf0e2.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
22 minutes ago, Highy said:

I'll stick to my AXS for myself, and Tempest 200 for socials....I can't justify the extra £££ for and an extra 20 seconds off setup time.

Exactly that 

I have the tempest and a fast and lite for everyday depending on weather 

a cheap old 2 man jrc contact if wife decides to go lol

plus a grand for a glorified tent is ludicrous 

Edited by framey

7 minutes ago, framey said:

Exactly that 

I have the tempest and a fast and lite for everyday depending on weather 

a cheap old 2 man jrc contact if wife decides to go lol

plus a grand for a glorified tent is ludicrous 

Wouldn't mind the Social Cap for the 200 though, even though its already big enough 🤣🤣

And another thing I wish I bought years ago was a Ridge monkey toaster got me one two weeks ago. Been living on toasty’s, pancakes,scrambled eggs warming up pies and chips for the two wks 😏..£26

No more awkward frying pan to carry around

IMG_7280.jpeg

IMG_7279.jpeg

11 hours ago, B B said:

And another thing I wish I bought years ago was a Ridge monkey toaster got me one two weeks ago. Been living on toasty’s, pancakes,scrambled eggs warming up pies and chips for the two wks 😏..£26

No more awkward frying pan to carry around

IMG_7280.jpeg

IMG_7279.jpeg

I got the deep pan xl, amazing bit of kit and like you say no more bulky handle on the end 👍👍

1 hour ago, elmoputney said:

I can't decide whether to sell mine or keep it at the moment 😂

Part of me wants to go back to basics, simple fishing but I also know they can be really handy at times 🤔

Just really for new lakes/canals myself...

Just brought a new Steve Neville buzzer to replace a buzzer with a cracked case, it arrived a few days ago - but didn’t work! I took the back off and saw that one of the contacts hadn’t been soldered! To be fair, the company I brought it off replaced it immediately, no questions asked - it’s a manufacturing fault that they couldn’t foresee so can’t blame them really, my new, er, new alarm should be here tomorrow. 

why didn’t I just not send the alarm off for a replacement case? Good question! I’ll do that too… £30 to repair. I’ve also got a neville that drains the battery in under an hour, it must be shorting out somewhere, £20 to fix that. Speculate £50 and I’ll have 5 good as new Neville alarms. 

3 hours ago, commonly said:

Korda size 6 spinner hooks (barbless!)rules are Booneys 😫)

CC Moore live system bucket and frozen snails.

Nash worm liquid

Reading up on the place, naturals seem to do more bites than boilies,  so I'm going out my comfort zone a bit

Funnily enough one of the biggest fish in our syndicate came out on maggots last season at her heaviest ever weight, although she was also caught just after spawning twice on boilies.

I had results over my collection of collected snails bloodworm, worms, molehill soil and particles with boilies.

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, framey said:

well done nick 

I’ve heard of  a couple of ray reports south into Essex and Kent 

Biggest I weighed was over 7lb.

That's a big shore caught ray!

They appear to have moved away this week though, but the crabs are active so they might move back into the area if the weather stays calm.

If not, the whiting caught are still fun.