October Catch Reports

1 minute ago, Highy said:

It's been a weird night 🙄🙄

12 runs upto now, 3 fish landed, 15lb 10oz being biggest....

But the others runs a feel are trailors, as when hit/struck into the runs, some even 1 toners, literally nothing there.....

Blimey mate well done on the captures, something strange seems to be going on there. 

9 hours ago, commonly said:

Almost sounds like a few fish are trailing leads around.

I had that at a carp day ticket. They had cats as well though

5 hours ago, Highy said:

Not renewing this year, focus on Amberswood n Park Lake next year.

The Club Lake is an old match Lake, but they built a new match Lake at side of this (out of shot).

The purple lines are all pegs, the dot/drag line is were i was (middle) the green continous lines are were anglers were by 10am this morning, not 1 angler went to the far bank or down the right hand side, I even tried about moving last night, as I had the lake to myself too.

I won't be renewing my ticket this year.

Screenshot_20231007_211154_Maps.thumb.jpg.864112cc45d8c7209b79b79b26d2d446.jpg

24 hours on a big fish commercial and blanked. Only had a couple of half-hearted bleeps and most people on the lake blanked and very few fish rolling. Unfortunately I drove the bait boat a little too far into a sexy looking gap in the reeds on the and snagged it up. Had to strip down to the undies and swim the 40 yards out to the Island. The water was surprisingly warm for October, if my teeth started chattering, I was coming straight out as it's not worth it.

The rescue mission went without a hitch and I did learn some interesting fact about the lake. The margins were surprising shallow, the first 5 yards were knee height but the water is always coloured and looks far deeper. The silt was a bit squishly and I could feel it between my toes but a leading rod felt quite firm. The bottom after 5 yards was quick hard clay but at the Island it shallowed up quick rapidly to about 2 foot. The channel was a good 2 rod lengths from the Island and from now on, I'll be targeting that.

• 2 weeks later...

Back from a few days fishing with mates at churn pool . Conditions were tough with easterly winds & heavy rain for the last couple of days .  Session didn't start well with losing a fish early on but did get off the mark at around midnight the first night , cracking mirror that my dodgy night shot did no justice to . Didn't weigh it but probably mid twenty. 

Screenshot_20231017-003639_VideoPlayer.thumb.jpg.0b7be34c699c0ef41200f5ec735f2e1b.jpg I was fishing 3 different margin spots one on the far bank which produced the first lost fish ,  this fish came from the corner of the bay I was fishing & the 3rd was just off to my right by a bush .  Simple hair rigs & double tiger nut & fishing big sticks . Next bite came from the same spot & was a young fish.  

Screenshot_20231017-163633_VideoPlayer.thumb.jpg.08ac01220227d89b5e5ce16d2f787e6d.jpg the rest of the day past bite less as did the night . Then 10ish the next day had a drop back bite from the corner again,  this one felt like a good one,  I had hooked a branch half way between me & the fish 3ft long & as it got closer realised there were zebra mussels on it right where my line was hooked up on it ,  managed to bring it in but needed two hands to free it without cutting it off on the mussels so had to put the rod down . Got it free & back playing the fish . So lucky not to of been cut off ! Eventually slipped the net under the fish & was rewarded with a pb mirror of 34 5 lb breaking my very old record by 2lb . 20231018_102231.thumb.jpg.16d9e8839cc0e7ff35740bfc640753ee.jpg

The final bit of action came from the bush to my right unfortunately lost this one in the weed . Great to get out & do some fishing  really enjoyed being back in the bivvy. 

Edited by chillfactor

23 hours ago, chillfactor said:

Back from a few days fishing with mates at churn pool . Conditions were tough with easterly winds & heavy rain for the last couple of days .  Session didn't start well with losing a fish early on but did get off the mark at around midnight the first night , cracking mirror that my dodgy night shot did no justice to . Didn't weigh it but probably mid twenty. 

Screenshot_20231017-003639_VideoPlayer.thumb.jpg.0b7be34c699c0ef41200f5ec735f2e1b.jpg I was fishing 3 different margin spots one on the far bank which produced the first lost fish ,  this fish came from the corner of the bay I was fishing & the 3rd was just off to my right by a bush .  Simple hair rigs & double tiger nut & fishing big sticks . Next bite came from the same spot & was a young fish.  

Screenshot_20231017-163633_VideoPlayer.thumb.jpg.08ac01220227d89b5e5ce16d2f787e6d.jpg the rest of the day past bite less as did the night . Then 10ish the next day had a drop back bite from the corner again,  this one felt like a good one,  I had hooked a branch half way between me & the fish 3ft long & as it got closer realised there were zebra mussels on it right where my line was hooked up on it ,  managed to bring it in but needed two hands to free it without cutting it off on the mussels so had to put the rod down . Got it free & back playing the fish . So lucky not to of been cut off ! Eventually slipped the net under the fish & was rewarded with a pb mirror of 34 5 lb breaking my very old record by 2lb . 20231018_102231.thumb.jpg.16d9e8839cc0e7ff35740bfc640753ee.jpg

The final bit of action came from the bush to my right unfortunately lost this one in the weed . Great to get out & do some fishing  really enjoyed being back in the bivvy. 

Good work mate, congrats on the PB glad you had a nice trip.