View from your bivvy door.

Same swim, 2 weeks later.

I've been putting bait in when I leave, and although I had a walk around didn't see anything to make me want to go anywhere else.

Last week I did have 2 tench over the bait, biggest an estimated 5lb

Screenshot_20240329-194420_Gallery.jpg

On 28/03/2024 at 18:26, Whitstable Jack said:

Lovely looking lake that Kev, and really nice choice of spot. The weather conditions feel ripe for some fish, let us know how you go mate.

Got a cracking 30 common first morning then the crowds arrived and pressured the area and they did the off.

Kept it secret squirrel so no pics till I report it to the syndi, sorry 🐳😎👍

Get in 🙂

4 hours ago, kevtaylor said:

Got a cracking 30 common first morning then the crowds arrived and pressured the area and they did the off.

Kept it secret squirrel so no pics till I report it to the syndi, sorry 🐳😎👍

Get in 🙂

Great work that Kev, and fair play for having the forsight to go before the crowds came, so many times the fish shut up shop once that happens hey.

1 hour ago, Whitstable Jack said:

Great work that Kev, and fair play for having the forsight to go before the crowds came, so many times the fish shut up shop once that happens hey.

True - all my May trips (x3) are booked - Thursday - Sunday so I have a better chance of getting in good areas than those arriving Friday.  I used to only fish a Saturday night, now the kids have flown the nest I can do what I want - and will be! 😎👍

14 hours ago, kevtaylor said:

Kept it secret squirrel

I was fishing a big double swim with a mate and we both had 2 low 20’s when we saw two anglers heading our way with buckets quick as a lightning he picked up the still wet unhooking mat and threw it into my bivvy then grabbed the net and dropped it in the water. When the guys asked us had we had any luck he answered 1st and said not a thing it’s  been dead. …So off they went on their way and I asked what was all that about he answered there’s empty swims either side of us and they would have jumped in if we told them about the fish and with the extra lines it was a no no. 

11 hours ago, B B said:

I was fishing a big double swim with a mate and we both had 2 low 20’s when we saw two anglers heading our way with buckets quick as a lightning he picked up the still wet unhooking mat and threw it into my bivvy then grabbed the net and dropped it in the water. When the guys asked us had we had any luck he answered 1st and said not a thing it’s  been dead. …So off they went on their way and I asked what was all that about he answered there’s empty swims either side of us and they would have jumped in if we told them about the fish and with the extra lines it was a no no. 

My mate has proper told me off for giving everything away to people who wouldn't give info back the other way, and he is right.  I just want to share the joy help them have a good trip too but it comes back to bite you.  I've hade some mega trips over the years, gave it all away then couldn't get back in the swim again all year and noticed everyone suddenly baiting on mass - so I'm being watched and copied and the tactic stops working.

I kept the sling hidden in the water all trip, dried through the last night, put the mat upside down behind the bivvy like it was drying from the rain, banks sticks straight out the water from holding the net, tripod and scales away, it's a proper job that I'm not used too - bit stressful too, not me at all, but gotta do what I've gotta do - we're chasing the same targets at the end of the day!

I got point blank lied to last spring where captures were all Tench aparently, so they can expect me to be catching the odd Tench too.  Got one saved on my phone for quick access just in case they ask to see a pic of said Tench. 🤣

On 29/03/2024 at 19:47, salokcinnodrog said:

Same swim, 2 weeks later.

I've been putting bait in when I leave, and although I had a walk around didn't see anything to make me want to go anywhere else.

Last week I did have 2 tench over the bait, biggest an estimated 5lb

Screenshot_20240329-194420_Gallery.jpg

I ended up with gremlins.

Last night of that session I had a decent run on a pop-up, struck into it and reeled in a bit then had weed clog up the tip ring, so I had to clear it by hand.

Started reeling in again and whatever was there had gone, along with the rig and lead. I think that playing a fish I then pulled the line in front of a pike which bit through the line above the lead.

Or maybe even a pike took the lead as it 'flashed' past disturbing the bottom and bit me off.

And don't talk to me about bivvies and wind, having to turn it round in the dark in a hurry while being battered by 70mph winds.

Poor Sky was hiding under the bedchair outside while I was having to use Solar banksticks pushed all the way in to hold it down.

On 03/04/2024 at 13:27, B B said:

On the flip side of asking questions to anglers I’m always cautious of the answers given back after all I could meet you kev or you could meet me on a lake  😂

Well if we do meet and you seen me catch, it was a Tench that got weeded up for 10 mins, so exciting looked 10lb but went 9.14lb - buzzing mate, get on the multi, spinner, up and down rigs 👍🤣

Just so people know, I do often do 2 and 1 on single sticks.

I do like the stability of a goalpost setup, but if one rod is better placed in another direction.

The one on single sticks is over a mix of mashed bread, particles, crushed boilies, worms and molehill soil, while the two are being fished with stringers over boilies.

Screenshot_20240404-180130_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20240404-180057_Gallery.jpg

so first time out since september and managed a cheeky day session on local water, great start to the day as not only did my landing net snap on the first fish but also my bite alarm decided it would snap at the bracket so maybe some glue later might work but not convinced. new bite alarm turned up in the shape of this beautiful Robin just sitting on the rod for what seemed like ages :)

despite all of that it was a wonderful feeling being bakside again and had a lovely time with a few very nice carp reckon all under 5lb, will also post up the awesome pic i got of a a carp photobombing my picture of ducks....

robin.jpg

Another weekend blank, racking them up.  Left what feels like my peg alone (West end, back of the wind) as there were others either side and only one down the windward end but out the way (East end taking a westerly).

Screenshot_20240414_172210_Gallery.thumb.jpg.9ce688b76d94e68619657de4454b4e3e.jpg

Did Friday night in one swim and had a couple show over the rods at dawn but far more were showing in a vacant swim round the corner, so I planned to move midday get the rods in place early afternoon once it'd gone quiet.  I knew the swim a little and placed rigs all around the edges of the plateau with as little disturbance as possible.  Was absolutely gutted to wake up and nothing showing, just one tiny liner, area seemed dead and noticeably colder than the day before.  That's carp fishing in spring, never kind to me, onto next time.

Screenshot_20240414_172308_Gallery.thumb.jpg.5dd3e289f327034ab885a2024816d927.jpg

Oh and pushing that barrow through floods and sticky clay holes full of random brick ends is not the one and will finish me off pretty damn soon, where's that power wheel 🙏🤣

Screenshot_20240414_172323_Gallery.thumb.jpg.2a8d756a17c3f40af5f8adf880ae152e.jpg

Edited by kevtaylor